PDA

View Full Version : Moderator for Weights Forum

Godders
22-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi Guys

Ive decided that Dr Octagon would be a great moderator for this section of the forum (course he doesnt know it till he reads this). So to give him a ickle reward ive gave him mod powers for this forum so he can run/ abuse it as he likes.

Course if hes a mad power crazed hippy ill have to get rid of him and blame it on someone else so he doesnt try to kill me.

My goal is to have a few people "In the Know" running this forum and the Ask the Fighters one - to keep it semi serious (still have a laugh though) as a good resource for peons to ask away.

Hywel Teague
22-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Godders you're a top man you know. I have always wanted POWER!!!!!

People- I shall do my best to uphold justice, fight bad posting and be generally useful.

Now don't try anything cos I'll edit every post you put to say you're a big gay fag boy who likes small boys, right?

:biglaugh:

nah cheers godders

Chris Kerr
22-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Well done mate.
Good luck ;)

Hywel Teague
23-02-2003, 01:30 AM
cheers :)

Hywel Teague
24-03-2003, 03:11 PM
sounds like you're on the right track there mate, can;t see much wrong with what you're doing, but it sounds more like you hit a plateau.

what you need to do is just juggle your routine around a bit for a few weeks and try new things (not new exercises as such, more variations on sets etc).

example- if you are currently doing
3 x 10 upper body 15 lower body
try
3 x 8 on heavier weights
or
4 x 4 on heavy still
or
eccentric training: slow on way down, dynamic /explosive return to start position.

stick with the core exercises that you normally use such as bench/ squats/ shoulder press etc but try variations

instead of bench try incline bench press
instead of shoulder press try military press
instead of squats try deadlifts

juggle and see how you feel

remember if its too easy, you're not working hard enough!

Hywel Teague
24-03-2003, 04:12 PM
i train submission wrestling and VT at defence unlimited in manchester.