PDA

View Full Version : Fat Burners... - Do they work, how well, which ones?

Nak-Muay
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I have never used fat burners, only heard of them recently actually... How do they work / Do they work and how much weight would they help you shed over say 4 weeks? Are there any specific ones that are pretty good?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rob Hannis
11-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Without being technical (cos I'm not) most fat burners work by increasing your body temperature making you burn more calories while you're doing nothing.

Best ones are the most illegal ones, the tame ones in normal health food shops will make you buzz a bit a sweat a bit but not too much.

Ephadrine based ones are better and they should disturb your sleep patten a bit.

They will strip some more fat off you in 4 weeks but do you really need to use it? Do you have to do any kind of work/study? If so don't take them cos you'll be scatty like you've taken speed, and they can make your fella shrink.

SuntanSuperman
11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
DNP = The best for loosing weight. there is nothing that even competes with it. downside is that if you take too much you die

i then reckon Provizan 15 is the best, kills your apettite and is thermogenic

after that then stuff like ephedra, clebutorol and finally over the counter stuff like stackers or hot rocks

Tomatohead
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
You should be lookin at loosing around 2lbs per weeeks with any fat loss supplement, more than this its having a catobolic effect and waste muscle tissue. I dont reccomend any thermo type tabs because I think if you speed something up when you stop it will slow back down to a lower level than before. The best way to speed up your metabolism is eat 6 to 8 meals a day (small meals) and excercise which you are obviously doing at the most take an Iodine based sup like sea kelp.

lovegrove
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Substances like ephedra stimulate your thyroid, and prolonged use of it has been shown to damage it I believe.

SuntanSuperman
11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
take sum t3 and t4 for your thyroid then

Tomatohead
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
or just keep away from them all together I sell em i my shop but still recomend carnatine and CLA combined much safer and more natural results plus tbh more effective longterm. how ya gettin on with the carnitine mate btw?

lovegrove
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Had real good results with it, though taking a break currently due to the reasons stated in my other post.

Tomatohead
11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I understand mate look at glutamine tho helps with the stomach lining ;)

lovegrove
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Cheers mate ;) Do you happen to stock brand new GI tracts lol?

Tomatohead
11-05-2007, 03:30 PM
probably get hold of one may be used lol how much you willing to pay??

*gets out knife and cleaver*

lovegrove
11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
:D lmao, just got a horrid look from everyone in the library.

Tomatohead
11-05-2007, 03:44 PM
lol not supprised I get strange looks at time been told im quite a sick puppy when i come out with some stuff. also been told i can look a little nutty @ times.

simmy
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
DNP = The best for loosing weight. there is nothing that even competes with it. downside is that if you take too much you die

i then reckon Provizan 15 is the best, kills your apettite and is thermogenic

after that then stuff like ephedra, clebutorol and finally over the counter stuff like stackers or hot rocks

Definately in agreement with this statement...DNP is the shit :D

stapesmk1
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Whats Provizan 15 and where can I get it?

adamfromessex
12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
used hydroxycut, hydroxycut hard core-neither gave me results.
Adam

stapesmk1
13-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I was interested to know what Provizan was as I'm always keen to stay in touch with the latest developments in sports nutrition and supplements. But having read up on it I'm not so sure I would advise anyone using it. It is an anti depressant and the only direct influence it seems to have on losing weight is as an appetite suppressant, not as a fat burner. As far as I can see, weighing up the pros and cons, I would have to say that as long as you have the guts, determination, focus and discipline to stick to a diet, then you don't need this drug, especially as there is mixed feelings on the safety of it.

Quote from Elite Fitness:

"Although Meridia and fenfluramine have similar mechanisms of action (they both affect serotonin), fenfluramine boosts the levels of serotonin into the blood stream. This increase in the levels of serotonin is believed to have caused the heart valve damage seen in some patients. Essentially the difference between the two drugs is that Meridia is more localized, whereas fenfluramine has a systemic effect. Because of this difference, researchers believe that Meridia will not be linked with heart valve damage. As stated by Lawrence Cheskin, M.D., director of the Johns Hopkins Weight Management Center in Baltimore, "Meridia bypasses the heart and acts directly on the brain’s appetite control center. Meridia maintains serotonin levels in the brain, thereby curbing some carbohydrate cravings (Brietzke, 90)". Carbohydrates boost levels of serotonin in the brain, and this impacts appetite and mood so when your brain is running low on the chemical, it tells you to refuel. Meridia keeps serotonin levels elevated, short-circuiting these mentally fueled cravings. The drug also boosts adrenaline levels, curbing overall appetite.

Side Effects
Though Meridia may be safer than other anti- obesity drugs, it still warrants caution. The most troubling side effects include increase in blood pressure, heart rate, and abnormal heart rhythms (arrythmias) seen in some partints during clinical trials. However, most of these side effects were observed in partints who took large doses (more than 15 mg) of the drug (Portyansky, 23). Blood pressure elevations were controlled in these trials with dose adjustments . Those who do have high blood pressure to begin with are urged to weigh the benefits and risks of taking this drug. Meridia’s labeling recommendations calls for blood pressure and pulse measurements prior to therapy initiation and regular monitoring thereafter for all patients. For more information on the increase in blood pressure and heart rate go to www.4meridia.com/hcprof/fsa.htm on the world wide web. The most commonly reported side effects include dry mouth, headache, constipation, and insomnia, "but people seem to find these effects pretty tolerable", according to Cornell Medical Center’s Dr. Louis Aronne (Anonymous, 98)".

SuntanSuperman
13-05-2007, 06:18 PM
cant be arsed with reading that stapes
all i know is im taking provizan at the moment and im shedding fuck loads of weight. its all packaged up and the instructions clearly state its for weight loss

simmy
13-05-2007, 11:18 PM
cant be arsed with reading that stapes
all i know is im taking provizan at the moment and im shedding fuck loads of weight. its all packaged up and the instructions clearly state its for weight loss

Wat sort of weight were you (before provizan) compared to now? cheers

SuntanSuperman
14-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Wat sort of weight were you (before provizan) compared to now? cheers

i weigh about 87kg and i'm pretty lean
if i need to get to 83kg i find i can just take 1 provizan in the morning and in 3 weeks i will hit my target without changing my diet

Tomatohead
14-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Taken from provazan manufacturers website

Can Provizan cause problems?
Along with their useful effects all medicines can cause unwanted side effects, which usually improve as your body adjusts to the new medicine. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects continue or become troublesome:

Constipation, nausea, a dry mouth, difficulty sleeping, feeling or being sick, a fast or fluttering heart beat, light-headedness, pins and needles, headaches, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, mood change, sexual problems, skin rash, problems with menstrual periods, problems with taste or blurred vision.

Important: if you frequently have difficulty getting your breath, have chest pains or swelling of the ankles you should consult a doctor immediately.

If you experience any other worrying symptoms, which you think may be due to this medicine, discuss them with your doctor or pharmacist.

ooo makes me want to treat myself to it straight away...my fucking arse

Waterboy
15-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Has anyone else used Dicana? I've had good results whilst using it, but couldn't say for sure as I changed so many things at the same time.

Either that, green tea or ZMA has worked wonders anyhow.

Well, that and eating clean/not drinking. :D

SuntanSuperman
15-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Taken from provazan manufacturers website

ooo makes me want to treat myself to it straight away...my fucking arse

lol
paracetomol says exactly the same thing
its a disclaimer

Tomatohead
15-05-2007, 09:14 AM
No its listed side affects, minbd you I dont take any prescription meds, go the natural way. Havent taken anything from the doctors since I was about 12.