PDA

View Full Version : Northern Grappling Championships

Emmet J
13-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Another well-run event I hear, with a very good level of competition.

Well done to the Lancaster MMA and Morecambe MMA lads. Done yourself proud.

A special well done to Pat you mad American bastard. Proving once again that if all else fails you can fall back on the freestyle wrestling technique of 'guillotine from mount' (aka the 'Pat-ent-pending').

NeilD
13-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll agree.. top day, fight of the day was most definatly Ross Pearson vs big muscle guy in the absolute... it was a total clinic on how technique and conditioning beats strength!

Still gutted I lost my 2nd though haha

Shameless
13-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Did Ross win the middleweight division?
Dont suppose you know who won the welteweight?
Cheers

NeilD
13-05-2007, 05:35 PM
yah, andrew mcqueen won the welters..

Shameless
13-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Nice one mate.

Chris_Appleton
13-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Did Ross win the middleweight division?
Dont suppose you know who won the welteweight?
Cheers
na jack sexton won the middleweight, well done to everyone from brasa for gettin the team trophy.

leglocksrock
13-05-2007, 05:57 PM
chris scott was awesome,showed great skills from his back,best ive seen chris fight,congrats to ya mate for winning the light heavy and absolute.

Shameless
13-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Jacks grappling looked good. Iwas there till 2 or summat but had to go to work.
Gutted i missed the open weights!

leglocksrock
13-05-2007, 06:00 PM
jack was on fire,great event

Seca Sec
13-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I'll agree.. top day, fight of the day was most definatly Ross Pearson vs big muscle guy in the absolute... it was a total clinic on how technique and conditioning beats strength!

Still gutted I lost my 2nd though haha

agreed, ross is a fucking beast. none stop!

chris scott was impressive, LHW and absolute champ.

andrew mcqueen breezed throught the welterweight division

ryan scope was tiny compared to everyone else in the lightweight division but did really well.

I'm canny chuffed about winning middleweight gold like, got beasted in every fight but always ended up pulling a sneaky lil submission out of nowhere like the lil shit I am. got beasted by the super heavyweight monster in the open weight division. good laugh tho haha...

GOOD DAY!!!!

Young Sexton
13-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Jacks lucky there was no drug tests... well done any ways you looked sneeky as out. Unlucky about the superheavy weight fight but theres no shame in gettin beat off some one that heavy.

The man Scope got beat of had tree trunk legs, it was sick.

fight of the night goes to Ross Pearson vs that big man, ross looked realy explosive.

good day, cheaz trev!

GraemeJ
13-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Anyone have a full list of results?? (Just winners for each category is cool :))

bjjeu
13-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Send us the results and a few pics to bjj.eu.com and we will post it up. Well done guys!!!

mick577
13-05-2007, 10:39 PM
A good event. Well done to Ross, Jack, Ryan, Gav, and everyone else who competed. Also well done to Trev and his lads for putting the event on.

Regards

Mick
Pride & Glory

kungfukris
14-05-2007, 12:42 AM
im not happy bout getting the guy who is immune to leg locks, particularly when that is what i decided to attempt for my whole fight,lol. nice lad though and good to boot. congrats to everyone who did well, the fight between that ross guy and the MASSIVE dude (james i think) was awesome. one of the best subs events ive been to by far, well done to all involved, i will be back next year.

king_jarvis
14-05-2007, 12:06 PM
What a great event everone had a good time and a really high standard of grappling was seen all day long. Fight of the day had to be between Ross and James in the absolute.

I will be back next year but next time I will make sure I make weight and not slip into the heavyweight divsion (those boys are big).

Well done to the organisers and well done to all the fighters.