PDA

View Full Version : royce v yoshida

andymc
22-02-2003, 05:10 PM
did anyone see this fight that the ref stopped saying royce was unconscious? just wondering what your opinion of the decision was as apparently royce jumped up straight away. (i havent seen it yet)

Godders
22-02-2003, 05:28 PM
It was completly BS

Royce was on his back (doing the Royce thing) and yoshida had a crappy choke going. Royce puts his hand in briefly to escape, release some pressure. Yoshida says something to the ref. Ref stops the fight.

Problems

1) On the contract it stated that the Ref couldnt stop the fight. Period.
2) Royce jumped up straight away arms flapping shouting WHAT THE FUCK (i do a great impression apparently) and saying to the judges "He knows i didnt tap.. tell them".

The orig camera angle makes it look iffy. The one that shows it all the way through (royce jumping up etc) makes it 100% clear it was BS.

It was a great fight and i think we got robbed a classic match because of a few moments of retardness.

andymc
22-02-2003, 05:34 PM
do u think it was decided by pride not to change decision to give yoshida a higher profile (he beat royce, worthy of a main event or two)
Or to get a revenge type thing goin against another gracie (will he do it again against the gracies, or can renzo save the family name)

Godders
22-02-2003, 06:10 PM
The gracies have had a good history with pride.

I dare say it will get sorted.

Course imagine all the pissed off judo people who all sang "BJJ IS DEAD" (you know who you are) when royce lost.

They went quiet mind after the clips got shown :p

Im not taking anything away from yoshida, it was a cracking fight.
And he could have very well won it (hes a olympic judo dude).

But i hope there is a rematch so we find out.

Renzo is near retirement isnt he?

iandean
23-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Last night at cage rage 2 (report to follow on the baord somewhere)

Royce said that negiotions have started for him to fight again. I guess it will be in PRIDE, unles UFC pull off some kind of deal of the centuary.