Berkshire RG1 8EQ

Registration Begins Tuesday 5th June

Competitors: 30
(Woman pay half price (15))

Spectators: 5

Event Schedule:
Rules meeting and early weight-in's at 10:00 am
Competition starts at 10:30 am am

There will be NO registration on the day!!

Athletes must bring their waiver form and hand it over before your first fight or send it in the post.

http://www.bjj.eu.com/

http://www.bjj.eu.com/images/stories/competitions/ADCCUK07/UK_nationals_ADCC.jpg

iandean
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
day after fx3 at the same venue....

cool :)

bjjeu
01-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I know!!! Doh!!!! It was by pure accident and bad research by my office. We booked it a month or 2 back and the venue told us about FX3 yesterday morning. Then we received an email from the guys at FX3 with the poster. We still have not been in contact yet, but will do soon. It might benefit both, as there will be a team of us there the night before, so we will be going to the show.

How are you anyway kainer? Good?

iandean
01-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I know!!! Doh!!!! It was by pure accident and bad research by my office. We booked it a month or 2 back and the venue told us about FX3 yesterday morning. Then we received an email from the guys at FX3 with the poster. We still have not been in contact yet, but will do soon. It might benefit both, as there will be a team of us there the night before, so we will be going to the show.

How are you anyway kainer? Good?

it's actually a very good idea imo

Cos a lot of people staying over for fx3 may go to the grappling the next day.

I might go and moan abut it like last time :p but i might be going to strike and submit so i'm not sure

ReaperBabe
01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Great, first comp ever UG I was ill as f*** (dont even ask) and injured and now you expect me to compete with a massive hangover??!! You guys are evil :cool:

Plus my house is gonna be looking like a camping site at this rate. Yes Rickie, you can come and stay too :p

FX3 and ADCC on the same weekend...Bring it on!!!!!!!

P.S: BJJEU, I'm still waiting for my medal to arrive in the post guys! :mad:

Ali
01-06-2007, 03:55 PM
"Athletes must bring their waiver form and hand it over before your first fight or send it in the post"

I didn't quite understand, where do I get the waiver form from?

thedon_1
01-06-2007, 05:09 PM
It will probably be on bjj.eu.com soon, it was there to print off for their last two events

bjjeu
01-06-2007, 07:45 PM
ReaperBabe if you are who we think you are... we sent it a while ago. Drop me a PM!!!

Just to answer a couple of PM's and phone calls on this post:
This will be the last time a "Nationals" will host as an open event. As of next year only UK Born fighters will be able to fight in any EFN Promoted National Tournament. We have the demand for more tournaments, but in order to grow our sport we need to concentrate on our home grown fighters. As of next year there will be Novice only tournaments and Kids only tournaments.
Hope that answers a few questions.

bjjeu
04-06-2007, 04:14 PM
ReaperBabe you will like this one.
In order that we can increase the UK's representation on the European and world stage in the next 2 years, we have decided to cut the price of woman competitors to the ADCC UK Nationals. Depending on the state of grappling here in the UK, it might be a trend for the future.

Watch this space:

http://www.bjj.eu.com/images/stories/competitions/ADCCUK07/UK_nationals_ADCC.jpg

wolfpack_mma
04-06-2007, 04:16 PM
i love these comps , will be entering this one

ReaperBabe
05-06-2007, 12:58 PM
ReaperBabe if you are who we think you are... we sent it a while ago. Drop me a PM!!!

ReaperBabe you will like this one.
In order that we can increase the UK's representation on the European and world stage in the next 2 years, we have decided to cut the price of woman competitors to the ADCC UK Nationals. Depending on the state of grappling here in the UK, it might be a trend for the future.

Watch this space:

Ok now Im really tempted! Cool, I knew somehow being a woman would pay off hehehe:D

Ahh...I did move last month. Oooops, I guess the new owners are now wondering what to do with a sub grappling medal :rolleyes:

Never mind hun, thanks anyway, it's the thought that counts xxx

nomad
05-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I applied yesterday. Am I too hopeful that my email would be there today to complete my application>? I don't see anything.

out of curiousity how many other heavyweights are going in?

MMAFightnut
05-06-2007, 01:04 PM
This will be my 1st comp, going to fill out my application in next couple of days.

Can't wait.

bjjeu
08-06-2007, 01:41 PM
The novice division is important for the development of the sport in general an dwill be a feature in most tournaments over the next year or so!!

bjjeu
20-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Register NOW!!!

http://www.bjj.eu.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=690&Itemid=27

nomad
20-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I know you say you have my entry. which i completed.. but I still have no confirmation email. i haven't paid. how can this be?
Am I going to miss out? it's all getting a little too close for me to arrange now :confused:

bjjeu
20-06-2007, 12:27 PM
You only get confirmation on payment!!!
If you have filled out the registration and have not payed, we have your registration, but its almost like reserving a place!

Ali
20-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Is it possible to register now, and pay on the day?

bjjeu
22-06-2007, 09:40 PM
We have not really got a policy of payment on the day anymore and discourage it as it disturbs the day for the other competitors. However in special circumstances we allow it!!!!

Only 2 weeks away and its looking good already!!!

Ali
23-06-2007, 04:42 PM
We have not really got a policy of payment on the day anymore and discourage it as it disturbs the day for the other competitors. However in special circumstances we allow it!!!!

Only 2 weeks away and its looking good already!!!

Alright, thank you. I shall register through my club...

See you on the day!

bjjeu
24-06-2007, 08:40 PM
C U Then!!!

iandean
24-06-2007, 08:44 PM
what's the line-ups

bjjeu
26-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Sooon!! soooonnn!!!

bjjeu
26-06-2007, 05:24 PM
We have had many questions about insurance over the past few years.
We are insured under and are member of The Grappling Arts Association.
Information Below:

Individual Insurance and Membership Forms
http://www.grapplingartsassociation.org/forms/GAA_Individual_form_Membership_and_Insurance.pdf

Instructor Insurance and membership Forms
http://www.grapplingartsassociation.org/forms/GAA_Instructor_form_Membership_and_Insurance.pdf

Promoters who are wishing to get insurance for their tournaments, we can also supply (you will have to abide by the GAA standards) and competitors who require insurance when they travel abroad we will be supplying soon.

http://www.grapplingartsassociation.org/

About the GAA:
For many years the development of combat sports have been a reaction to a situation rather than a proactive move to head off situations before they take root. The very nature of this attribute is totally ingrained into all martial arts and combat sports - from its business attitude to the training of it fighters. The champions of these sports have been the ones who have honed their talents in such a way as to be able to predict or read what their opponent or the situation will do or turn into.

With Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission grappling being the fastest growing martial arts in the world, we as practitioners have a duty to steer it in the right direction, predict where it will go and not have it taken over by institutions that have no interest in its core and history and of course healthy future. We do not want the beast that we find in current martial arts politics and its bureaucracy .

The GAA is more than just a governing body with standards and safety at it's core, it is a 'Think Tank' with the best minds from our sports brought together to grow the sport and the industry around it. Bringing together their business acumen from their specific fields such as the music, design, electronic and publishing industries, these directors along with the companies they own and work for will be able to conquer through the sport social problems like 'Child Obesity' and Bllying in schools, by giving our children more focus and direction in their lives that is missing so much in todays society.

Support the sport.

Board of Directors for the GAA

Mauricio Motto Gomes (Honoree President & Technical Director)

Jude Samuel (Vice-President & Competitions Commission)

Paul Ivans (MMA technical advisor and Refereeing Commission)

John Donnelly

Steve Finan

Felipe Souza (Youth development officer - London and the South East)

Braulio Estima (Refereeing Commission Midlands Representative)

Rob Staples (Channel Islands)

Jane Appleby (Equal Opportunities officer)

Alan Lowery (Northern Ireland)

Paul Murphy (North of England)

Pedro Bessa (Wales and South West Representative)

Fiona Austin (Treasurer/Secretary)

John Shotter-Faulkner (Secretary)

http://www.grapplingartsassociation.org/

Ali
27-06-2007, 12:15 PM
C U Then!!!

I have registered but could not get to the page after to make payment. Will I need to re-register in order to enter payment details?

bjjeu
27-06-2007, 05:04 PM
nope!!!
But you can re-register to make sure!!!!

Ali
27-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Then how else can I make an on-line payment if I don't need to re-register?

Cheers.

bjjeu
27-06-2007, 05:32 PM
PM me or call the office and we will help you out!!!

paul james
27-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Funny thing is when we booked the venue back in january they have never once mentioned that you were holding your event there the day after. However I agree I think it is a good thing, two great events in the same venue on the same weekend - you couldnt have really planned that any better if you tried!
Its a shame we both didnt realise as we could have worked it to our advantage.
Anyway I am looking forward to next weekend evenn more now, FX3 on the Saturday and then relax at this event on the sunday.
Look forward to seeing you guys there.

bjjeu
27-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi Paul,
As we said before, it was a bit of a 'boobaa' on our account. Sorry!!!
We plan to hold a BJJ event there in September (30th). We will be at FX3 on the Saturday and it would be good to catch up a some point.

Jude

iandean
27-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I think if it was planned better, a big grappling competition/bjj fest-hippie love-in/seminar could be done in conjunction with a "proper" mma event over a weekend.

Would be pretty cool and could show MM detractors just how varied the sport's roots really are

david5
28-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Great, first comp ever UG I was ill as f*** (dont even ask) and injured and now you expect me to compete with a massive hangover??!! You guys are evil :cool:

Plus my house is gonna be looking like a camping site at this rate. Yes Rickie, you can come and stay too :p

FX3 and ADCC on the same weekend...Bring it on!!!!!!!

P.S: BJJEU, I'm still waiting for my medal to arrive in the post guys! :mad:

can i come stay too? :D

ddale
28-06-2007, 10:52 AM
A few questions...

So how much is it to enter?
What are the rules (I'e are heel hooks, neck cranks etc allowed?).
I've never done a comp before so do I count as a beginner?

Also is anyone else from the the Reapers actually going? I guess Ill talk to you all on Monday anyway.

Ali
28-06-2007, 10:55 AM
A few questions...

So how much is it to enter?
What are the rules (I'e are heel hooks, neck cranks etc allowed?).
I've never done a comp before so do I count as a beginner?

Also is anyone else from the the Reapers actually going? I guess Ill talk to you all on Monday anyway.

check out the first page of this thread and you will have your answers ;)

ReaperBabe
28-06-2007, 11:18 AM

I've decided against, purely because with the house I'm only managing training once/twice a week and I'm absolutely knackered.

Think JudoGuy might be entering though

Ali
28-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I've decided against, purely because with the house I'm only managing training once/twice a week and I'm absolutely knackered.

Think JudoGuy might be entering though

Kamon Reaps! I've been out for a full year and a half, and have only been back in training for 4 weeks! I am entering because it will be fun, it's the fun of competing and going in with the team that's the juice for me, winning or losing is just incidental ;) So, are you in?

ReaperBabe
28-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Nope, sorry. But I'll be watching!

For once, I need to get my priorities right. I'm tottaly exhausted and I've even lost weight (in my case not good, have a slight thyroid problem).

But good luck to all entering. It's a good event and it'll be awsome to have it in Reading, especially after FX3. I think the atmosphere will be even better!

ddale
28-06-2007, 12:04 PM
check out the first page of this thread and you will have your answers ;)

Ok cheers, I take it its no gi only?

WCJudoGuy
28-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Is it possible to change weight cats if we find ourselves less on the day?

ReaperBabe
28-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Stop dieting hun, you're fine as you are. Besides, no way I'm gonna allow you to get lighter than me! On second thought, yeah go for it! *rubs hands and plans on how to finally submit JudoGuy by arm bar*

ddale
28-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Stop dieting hun, you're fine as you are. Besides, no way I'm gonna allow you to get lighter than me! On second thought, yeah go for it! *rubs hands and plans on how to finally submit JudoGuy by arm bar*

lol, I think you'll have enough trouble just getting top position with him nowadays. I remember there was a time when I could actually occasionally sub Judo Guy, not any more.... **Sniffles and stares forlornly at the ground ** :D

Simon James
28-06-2007, 05:56 PM
bjjeu you have a PM

ReaperBabe
29-06-2007, 10:10 AM
lol, I think you'll have enough trouble just getting top position with him nowadays. I remember there was a time when I could actually occasionally sub Judo Guy, not any more.... **Sniffles and stares forlornly at the ground ** :D

Tell you a secret: try going for his back or even better, for his legs :cool:

*proudly remembers time when tapped out JudoGuy with knee bar and he screamed like a little girl hehehehehe :D )

WCJudoGuy
29-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Tell you a secret: try going for his back or even better, for his legs :cool:

*proudly remembers time when tapped out JudoGuy with knee bar and he screamed like a little girl hehehehehe :D )

I tell you an even bigger secret - I am teaching you, so I have to leave openings (It would do neither of us any good if I just crushed you every time we roll)

david5
29-06-2007, 11:30 PM
I tell you an even bigger secret - I am teaching you, so I have to leave openings (It would do neither of us any good if I just crushed you every time we roll)

like a little girl?

adamfromessex
30-06-2007, 12:21 AM
gutted i can't make this one, should be a good un tho.
Adam

bjjeu
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Porra adam...why can't you make it?

Blondie
01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
can i just pay on the door to watch? or am i gonna need a ticket?

bjjeu
01-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Spectators pay on the door!!

adamfromessex
03-07-2007, 12:03 AM
gutted won't be there to play. still have a swollen foot :(
Adam

adamfromessex
03-07-2007, 12:04 AM
found out in my thai fight the skull is a hard target, as is his ankle and knee lol.
Adam

Ali
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
gutted won't be there to play. still have a swollen foot :(
Adam

Here is something that will effectively combat the swelling, but is a little painful:

- Vat/bucket/bowl of hot water (not boiling).
- concentrate the solution with salt - water must become almost white with salt.
- Place foot into it and gently massage the swollen region. Do this for a good ten minutes or so.

I bust my toe many years ago, and it swelled up quite badly. After administering the above treament, the swelling had eased significantly.

Ali
04-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Just spoke to the helpful gentleman organising the adcc uk nationals, layout will be something like the following:

Novice fight first, then Advanced category fights.

There will be four mats so there will be more than one weight category fighting at the same time on the four different mats.

All very exciting, looking forward to this one!

NeilD
04-07-2007, 04:19 PM
was actually going to go, but now broke my hand.... so gutted i'm going to miss this :(

Ali
04-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Neil D: I'm sorry to learn that, wish you a speedy recovery.

NeilD
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
cheers mate, I'll just have to train hard and look forward to them next year! ;) Shame Ill have to enter advanced by then though haha

B.T.K.A
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
did you know that if you are going to this event you can get in to FX3 the night before slightly cheaper!!

:D

bjjeu
05-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Registration Closes At 6pm Today!!!!

Simon James
05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
did you know that if you are going to this event you can get in to FX3 the night before slightly cheaper!!

:D

yep thats true, just phone the FX3 box office for details
0118 9474576

lemondog
08-07-2007, 11:40 PM
results please anyone?

Double D
09-07-2007, 09:20 AM
results please anyone?

anyone????

ddale
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
anyone????

Bueller? Bueller?

FlameBoy
09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
guy from my club Carlson Revolution won his division - novice - probly 100kg div

Nathan Davy is his name - was awarded his blue belt 3 weeks ago.

Jamil and Dave from AFS done well - not sure the exact result and I herad London shoot were out in force - that is all completely unofficial and not very helpfull to those of you that dont know Nathan Jamil or Dave

Sorry

CrazyChrisAnt
09-07-2007, 01:29 PM
This is what I've been given so far from London Shootfighters...

I can't actually tell you what weights or novice/advanced so someone correct me.

Kurt - silver
John - silver
Fabio - gold
Fitz - silver
Ed - bronze
Leon - gold
Anthony -silver
Ben - bronze
Ali - bronze
Bennet - bronze
Rizu - bronze

Well done guys.
Chris.

Danny@CBD
10-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Any results from the Advanced Division????

Peachmonster
10-07-2007, 12:30 PM
i know Luiz Tosta won Gold in the absolute advanced.. If i remember rightly he beat a heavyweight in the final by triangle choke.

Danny@CBD
10-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Anyone know how Neil Owen did? He was in the heavyweight advanced division i think.

pmoney
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Was a very good and well organised comp as usual. Thanks to Jude Jon and the rest putting in the work. Was some very good grappling on display in all the divisions and some very exciting matches

Thanks for putting up some of our results chris but here is the full list. Congratulations to all London Shootfighters competing, medalists or not. Had 18 guys compete and took 14 medals:

Gold Medals

Luis Tosta absolut
Fabio -88
Leon Odiette -77
Uvais-73

Silver

Kathy Gifford -60
John Reeve -77
Kurt johnson -85
Anthomy Lesle -77
Fitzroy Peters -67

Bronze

Orizu Nwokojei -99
Bennet Jarvis -77
Ed Kempson -73
Luis Tosta -66
Ali Rastagar -67
Karl luckett -61

Bad luck to Ollie, Max ,James, Suley and Martin who didn't place but still did the team proud on the day. Thanks too to the non-competing guys from London Shoot who came along to support their team.

pmoney

iandean
10-07-2007, 02:38 PM
was it filmed for eurosport too?

bjjeu
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
No Eurosport this time!! Podcast yes!!!

We are extreamly sorry for what seems to be a massive f**k up by the transport company, but it seems that the medals did not even make it on the plane from Brazil. So we are in the midst of a massive battle to get compensation and medals back. So it seems that it might take a while longer. You will all receive your medals in the post eventually along with some goodies as a thanks for your patience and hard work. The results will be up this even on www.bjj.eu.com. We have been on the phone all day trying to sort numerous stuff out regarding the weekends tournament.

sol90m
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
anyone know how alexandre(xandinho) izidro got on????? 67k i think

thedon_1
11-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Yea, Izidro won his weight division.

Gareth
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
No Eurosport this time!! Podcast yes!!!

We are extreamly sorry for what seems to be a massive f**k up by the transport company, but it seems that the medals did not even make it on the plane from Brazil. So we are in the midst of a massive battle to get compensation and medals back. So it seems that it might take a while longer. You will all receive your medals in the post eventually along with some goodies as a thanks for your patience and hard work. The results will be up this even on www.bjj.eu.com. We have been on the phone all day trying to sort numerous stuff out regarding the weekends tournament.

No sign of them there yet, am I looking in the wrong place?

Ali
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
can't find em either

Peachmonster
11-07-2007, 09:01 PM
nor me :( would be nice to get some recognition online soon for those who won medals....

Qaz
11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
They probably dont't know who won what.

The organisation of the firm seems pretty poor to me.

The comp. was at the weekend and no results up yet?? what a load of old shit.

GBUK-Sheffield
12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
QAZ, what do you know about the organization?

The results are up.

Peachmonster
29-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Here are 3 vid's of me competing at this event, which I managed to salvage from my video camera that decided to stop working properly on the day :mad:

I know one of the people who I competed against at the event wanted to watch the vid, which I couldn't play back on the day. Hopefully they will come on here and see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T68gqR6VzT8 (quarter-final, novice -91kg)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whMhFIOYjuQ (semi-final, novice -91kg)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20QjmpgeI2s (final, novice -91kg)

Thanks.