PDA

View Full Version : Beginning MMA @ Knuckle Draggers

Karl
12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi, first posting on this forum and just want to say it's a nice atmosphere in here [:

Ummm.. Firstly I'd like to say thanks to Keon Shabanzadeh for getting me into this sport and for alot of good reasons.

I just really want some advice on training programmes really... and make new friends of course :D

Karl

Keon
12-06-2007, 11:36 PM
You little mother fucker.
I feel privlaged!

get to training tomorrow and i'll show you what it takes, ahah

K:cool:

Karl
13-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Dammmmmnnn Right!

I'm going to get KTFO'd.

Death wish
13-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi, first posting on this forum and just want to say it's a nice atmosphere in here [:

Ummm.. Firstly I'd like to say thanks to Keon Shabanzadeh for getting me into this sport and for alot of good reasons.

I just really want some advice on training programmes really... and make new friends of course :D

Karl

mate ya have picked a good club ya will learn loads ther pete knows his stuff nice guy 2 but ya pick bad mate tho aka keon lol only joking

Karl
13-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Haha, Keon got well owned.

<3

Keon
13-06-2007, 01:27 PM
GRRRR:mad:

VLee574
20-06-2007, 02:05 PM
hey mate how often you training mma/bjj ect if your wanting to buld up power and explosiveness as on top of your mma training then i reccomend trining compound exercises in the gym such as spuat,deadlift, hack spauats stuff like that but do it with low weight and fast speed NEVER ICOLATE A MUSLCE GROUP WHEN YOUR DOING MMA.

icolation exercises is what bodybuilders do and isnt really gonna help you for a number of reasons 1. when you fighting your using your entire body not just one muscle grounp you need to impliment this in all aspecs of your training. when your in the gym get in the mind set of is this gonna help me when im grappling. JUST FORGET ALL BODYBUILDING EXERSISES THEY WILL MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD IN THE MIRROR BUT ITS NOT WHAT YOUR MUSCLES LOOK LIKE ITS WHAT THEY CAN DO.

REASON 2 IS EASY IF YOUR AIMING TO MAKE WEIGHT YOU DONT WANT TO BE BULKING UP PLUS IF YOU GET BIG MUSCLES THAT BURNS MORE CARDIO AND CARDIO IS WHAT YOU NEED IN THIS SPORT SO U NEED TO BE STRONG WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE ARNI LOL

to do that you need to work one thing YOUR CORE I RECCOMEND YOU GOOGLE CORE TRAINING, AND EXPLOSIVENESS I RARELY TRAIN WEIGHTS I WEIGH 66KG AND THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN ME ARE SUPRISES AS TO HOW STRONG I AM IF YOU DONT FIND OWN I CAN ALLWAYS PM YOU A WORKOUT PROGRAM IF YOU WANT PAL JUST PM AND LET ME KNOW WHAT TRAINING YOUR DOING AT THE MOMENT AND ILL SORT SUMMAT OUT AROUND YOUR CURRENT TRAINING

Keon
20-06-2007, 04:44 PM
VLee, where do you train?

VLee574
20-06-2007, 07:07 PM
i train in leeds i fight for team fulikazan. its a yorksure mma team not been doing it long mate im 21 been training mma since november i just has my 1st fight under amauter rules at total combat 20

batespcm
20-06-2007, 11:19 PM
good luck with it i am putting off joining an mma gym (the wolfs lair) until i am in better shape just would feel stupid with a few extra stone on me doing lots of cycling but without a gym membership (god there expensive) i am finding it hard to know what to do my punchbag arrives soon so hope to spend a couple of hours a day at that with my ipod on so here's to hoping

hope it works out well for you