PDA

View Full Version : diet

andymc
23-02-2003, 07:21 PM
just curious as to how many of u keep an eye on your diet and what supplements u all use

Hywel Teague
23-02-2003, 09:22 PM
deit- hmm. i've always tried to eat healthily but i've only got the diet thing sussed in the last six months cos i was eating the right stuff, just eating too much!

put it this way, i never ever eat take-aways, ready meals, fast food, preprepared stuff, sweets or cans of soft drinks and i don't drink alcohol. but i also happen to think this can make for a very boring lifestyle!

supplement wise, i'm quite picky about what i put in my body.

i take daily doses of multivitamins, cod liver oil, glucosamine sulphate with chondroitin and have the occasional whey protein shake.

Rob Hannis
04-03-2003, 05:40 PM
There's a similar thread on ask the fighters forum, but I'll post my supplement list again, altohugh I'm not on them all at the moment:

Glutamine (Twinlab) about 15 (GNC) But chris kerr can get it cheaper.
GABA 13 (GNC) lasts about a month of solid use (although I cycle it so it lasts longer) Again chris can get it cheaper
EAS ZMA 240 caps 24 (GNC) lasts a couple of months if taken before training and before bed on training days.
Protein shakes 17 (holland and barrat)
Creatine EAS Phosphagen HP (GNC) 40 for a tub, lasts about a week and a half if you load on it, about a month if you don't. I personally don't load anymore as I think it's a bit of a con.
HMB although I'm not sure of its' effectiveness so I'm just using up my supply
Amino acid tabs, dirt cheap from holland and barrat.

All the vitamins are cheap and I usually get them from holland and barrat when they have a sale on.
Vit C one a day 1000mg slow release
Vit E one a day 200 IU
Multivitamin one a day
Glucosamine (www.easyvit.co.uk) two 1000mg a day
Cod liver oil
Flax seed oil
Echinacea (when I feel a cold coming on)

These are just what I take, find what works for you and stick with it. GABA is good to knock you out and Id take it along with glutamine in the weights week.

chisel
09-03-2003, 08:03 PM
can anyone explain what it is i should be looking for when reading the 'nutritional infomation' on food labels, like fat that saturates? etc.
cheers

and remember.....

iandean
15-03-2003, 01:41 AM
Out of intrestdoes anyone try and avoid things like Monosodium Glutamate or MSG as it is also know as.

I try my best to avoid foods with it cos some of the things it is linked to is quite shocking. And its in a lot of foods, like Chinese food and crisps.

It's used to add taste to things, and can give things an additiveness, which makes it hard to stop eating it. Pringles is loaded with it for example

check out http://www.nomsg.com/ for more details