PDA

View Full Version : Question for you instructors...

Bozo
23-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if a blue belt is qualified to teach? Is it possible? Thanks for your help.

Oh yeah, my e-mail is writebozob@yahoo.com

Hywel Teague
23-02-2003, 08:32 PM
qualified, not necessarily, but then it depends on a number of factors.

due to the limited number of BJJ practitioners over here, there aren't that many higher grades, but of course people need to learn from someone.

it depends completely on who holds that blue belt. i know guys who are blue belts and are- well, ok... then there are whitebelts who KICK ASS.

but- blue belts can teach, if they have good eneough technique. chris brennan opened Next Generation when he was still a blue belt.

a halfway decent BJJ practitioner can get a blue belt, but just cos you've got a belt doesn't mean you can teach.

tricky question. :shoot: :woo

Bozo
23-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Hey thanks man. Anyone else wanna share thoughts on this?

cagewarriors
23-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Hi Bozo, pretty much similar sentiment to the Doc,s? The colour of the belt is not necissarilly an indication as to being qualified to teach? It is a mark of respect for that particular participants ability to learn within his chosen art? Teaching is a skill all of its own and the person that is teaching does,nt necissarilly need to be at the top of his/her game to pass on thier understanding of "How its done"??

Regards Dougie

SDonovan
26-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I am only a white belt but i still take some friends of mine down the gym and teach them the basics.