PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Combat Zone 1 Fighters wanted for individual and Team event

MMA Team Extreme
05-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Fighters wanted for UCZ1 to be held 10th November 2007 at Redcar Bowl in Redcar, Cleveland.

We are holding individual as well as a Team Event fights and are looking for 3 man teams to fight for the "MMA Club Cup" to find the best clubs in Britain. Each team will consist of a lightweight fighter, a middle weight and a heavy weight fighter, and the winning team will get to hold the MMA Club Cup for one year, so if u think ur the best club in Britain, why not try and prove it!!

We are also looking for individual fighters at all weights so anyone interested in competing at this event mail me your weight, record and details as well as a contact number and we will try and get you matched up!

Hope to put on a great first show with this promotion and get some great up and coming fighters as well as giving some new lads a chance to shine!!

Team Extreme.

email me at sandr79@hotmail.co.uk

David Swann
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
We still are using team Extreme, RESEARCH IT

Tez
05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
We still are using team Extreme, RESEARCH IT

Oops! :mad:

MMA Team Extreme
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
As the thread indicated the event is Ultimate Combat Zone 1.

And as for as the name of our club "John Calvers extreme Fighting",

My user name is Team Extreme tell u what fella we'll fight u for it :D

iandean
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
welcome to the forum

Cage or ring?

How many teams in the team event, are the weight cats 70.3, 83.9 and -120.2kg

Will the tournament be over 1 night

What the money like for the winners as saying the winners will be the "best team in the UK" is a bit presumptuous. There are tons of shows around at that time too.

Is the team event open to gyms or promotional teams?

Thanks

MMA Team Extreme
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Kainer and thanks for the welcome.

This is our first show and is based at club and gym level, the weights are as mentioned in your post tho we are looking to get the fighters as evenly matched in weight and record as possible to make for better match ups.

The tournament will be held over one night with a point system awarded for win, loss, draw and win by TKo or KO added as bonus point so the emphasis is on sustained action!!

The "best team in the UK" bit is a bit of promotional hype talk basically just trying to get clubs and gym interested and get a bit of inter club friendly rivalry going. There will be a cup for the winning team which will be kept for a year and be ongoing with last years winners defending and new clubs hopefully joining in every year to keep the competition at a great level for the fans and spectators on the night who make these shows possible.

We are trying to keep the tickets costs quite low as getting the sport more popular and mainstream is a big plus for anyone who loves and is involved in the sport as im sure u already kno mate!!

There will be one Pro Rules UCZ Title Match which will be between Karl Merry at welterweight and as yet we have not got an opponent definately confirmed for a UCZ belt which im getting made up for the event, again anyone interested at suitable weight and record get in touch.

We have been in touch with a company who supply rings for events and are currently working on the construction of a cage which will hopefull be ready in time for the event, if not it will be in a boxing ring.

Looking to get 4 teams for the team event at 70.3 and under, 83.9 and under and under 120 for the heavyweights.

Hope thats everything and thanks again for the welcome to the Forum!!

shnmat
06-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi John,
sounds a good idea, I will speak to Paul but im sure you can pencil him in for a fight.
Good luck with this, if I can assist in any way let me know.
Shaun @ Redcar BJJ