PDA

View Full Version : anybody else excited by the idea of Cage Kickboxing?

Hywel Teague
26-02-2003, 10:50 PM
hmm? opinions please guys?

personally i think it will be great and i'm looking forward to finding out more...

spenna
10-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Is there any more info about this?

Spenna

the ref
14-03-2003, 09:47 AM
I've reffed a few Kickboxing bouts and Boxing bouts in a ring and in the CageWarriors cage. It is mu ch harder work as a ref as I seem to be pulling the fighters apart alot. I think that as the bouts were on shows that included MMA fights I let a few things go. The fighters can't use the ropes to bounce away from their opponant so they are forced to fight a bit more if they are being chased. That cage just seems to add something to it all.

Rob Hannis
20-03-2003, 02:49 PM
There are pros and cons of a cage for kickboxing and MMA but the real area that a cage works is in MMA.

The cage works best for the striker in MMA with some of the grapplers tools removed when they are pushed up against the cage.

One of the main problems with a cage though is the view the spectators get. As soon as the action hits the floor or it goes behind a support post the spectators suffer. Now promoters are addressing this with video screens for the fans.

One thing I'd like to see at ultimate combat is either a cage or a bigger ring. As soon as the fight goes to the floor then it's almost instantly in the ropes due to the small size of the ring. Also I'd like to see fighters dragged back into the middle as in pride to continue the action on the floor.

I do like the view you get with a ring though.

cagewarriors
21-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Eddy pay attention Dude the sides were painted black after our second outing & yes it made a tremendous differance.

the ref
21-03-2003, 09:58 PM
Iam trying to look into the best cage fencing for visibility. I have read that it is easier to see through angled mesh as opposed to horizontal and vertical mesh. I am aware that if someone has even slight astigmatism horizontal or vertical lines can become blurred. If anyone has any real info on this I would appreciate and email at watermag2000@aol.com

Wiegieboard
16-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Surely if you were kickboxing in the cage, if you missed a kick badly your toes could end up destroyed in the wire mesh, I've seen a few muay thai fights where fighters have caught their foot on the ropes or got their leg stuck on the top, if it was a 6 foot cage it could be bad for your feet bigtime.
Just my opinion,
Neill Wylie