PDA

View Full Version : Wcfc ??????

wolfpack_mma
13-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Do you remember the WCFC event in Manchester? the one with Mike Tyson as a special guest referee.

Just wondering who run that event and will there be anymore??

if your wondering why i want to know , its because i just seen the DVD on ebay :D

david.j.
13-10-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS146

dirty dick
13-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I think Bacon & Cahoon had something to do with it

FNG
18-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I hope not, the event was really badly marketed, unbelievably chaotic and gave all the opponents of MMA something to latch onto.

Hopefully that was the 1st and last WCFC

Reedy
18-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I hope not, the event was really badly marketed, unbelievably chaotic and gave all the opponents of MMA something to latch onto.

Hopefully that was the 1st and last WCFC

No way. That marketing was bad but the event was amazingly well produced. Whole show was very well done, some great fighters on the card, quite a few brasilians guys, broadcast live on sky with sky having there own mma pundits including James Thompson. Was a brilliant event...

Jimmy Boogaloo
18-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Whatever you have to say about the event - the tournament was fuckin awesome ;)

FNG
18-10-2007, 03:18 PM
No way. That marketing was bad but the event was amazingly well produced. Whole show was very well done, some great fighters on the card, quite a few brasilians guys, broadcast live on sky with sky having there own mma pundits including James Thompson. Was a brilliant event...

Perhaps the production was slick (you'd expect that if it was on Sky), yes there were a few good fighters on the card (but nowhere near the number the promotors lead people to believe up untill a week before the event)

However, it was badly organised:
- Alex Reid (glass of champagn in hand) being asked if he'd like to fight in 30 minutes time
- Tyson not knowing what the hell he was supposed to do as a ref and standing the fighters up as soon as they hit the ground the first time
- Part of the cage coming padding coming away during one of the fights, people entering the ring to rectify this, while the fight was in progress!!
- The unbelievably chavvy crowd (probably as a result of the marketting) who thought a couple of people were going to die in the cage

Judging by the lack of follow up events i would hazard a guess that it wasn't a huge financial success

Reedy
18-10-2007, 03:27 PM
All good points, but tyson is the man - but bad idea getting him to ref and him looking confused as Etim choked opponenet out.

Good show though apart from your points.

Perhaps the production was slick (you'd expect that if it was on Sky), yes there were a few good fighters on the card (but nowhere near the number the promotors lead people to believe up untill a week before the event)

However, it was badly organised:
- Alex Reid (glass of champagn in hand) being asked if he'd like to fight in 30 minutes time
- Tyson not knowing what the hell he was supposed to do as a ref and standing the fighters up as soon as they hit the ground the first time
- Part of the cage coming padding coming away during one of the fights, people entering the ring to rectify this, while the fight was in progress!!
- The unbelievably chavvy crowd (probably as a result of the marketting) who thought a couple of people were going to die in the cage

Judging by the lack of follow up events i would hazard a guess that it wasn't a huge financial success

FNG
18-10-2007, 03:45 PM
All good points, but tyson is the man - but bad idea getting him to ref and him looking confused as Etim choked opponenet out.

Yeah, Tyson was a machine, I feel he will be remembered for his amazing performances in the ring '87-'89 rather than his brief stint as a ref in MMA :D

Reedy
18-10-2007, 03:52 PM
And the fact he was a one man quote machine. I love Tyson quotes. 'im coming for you lennoxth'

Yeah, Tyson was a machine, I feel he will be remembered for his amazing performances in the ring '87-'89 rather than his brief stint as a ref in MMA :D

wolfpack_mma
18-10-2007, 04:22 PM
And the fact he was a one man quote machine. I love Tyson quotes. 'im coming for you lennoxth'

hehehehe
Thanks for the response lads , i enjoyed the show minor the few hiccups they had.

Well done saturday paul , i had no doubt you won , neither did my missus :D

RKing85
18-10-2007, 05:15 PM
being asked if he'd like to fight in 30 minutes time

Definitly not professional, but certainly not the first time that has happened to a fighter and it certainly won't be the last.

I had heard their was going to be a second show at some point but I've lost faith in that now.

Reedy
18-10-2007, 06:02 PM
hehehehe
Thanks for the response lads , i enjoyed the show minor the few hiccups they had.

Well done saturday paul , i had no doubt you won , neither did my missus :D

Nice one mate.

Edwin_junior
23-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Well done reedy liked the fight, Izzidro was screwin but he lost fair and square.

Definately need another show back in manchester would be nice to fight on home turf for a change:)

david.j.
23-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Definately need another show back in manchester would be nice to fight on home turf for a change:)

definitely agree