PDA

View Full Version : Knee Injury

Godders
28-02-2003, 04:14 PM
My knee has been giving me jip for a while now.

But now its gotten to the point where unless i stretch it, i cant lock it out.

It feels very, very tight (shh rob).

It seems to be okay otherwise if not feeling slightly weak.

I take it i just keep resting and stretching it?

widge milward
28-02-2003, 04:22 PM
my knees are totally fucked, ive had artheritus since i was 13-14 but ive got used to it, i cant fully straighten my leg and sometimes it hurts when i put pressure on my knee....

ive actually sfucked up my knee at the mo, its a bastard when training for a fight...

Godders
28-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Just as well i bought kneepads eh :(

Rob Hannis
02-03-2003, 06:31 PM
I've had a knee injury for a while, I couldn't tell the doc or physio how I did it cos I was drunk though beerme:

However I help it by taking codliver oil every day along with glucosamine. I can tell the difference when I'm not on them so I'd reccomend getting some. Glucosamine is quite expensive but I get a years supply from Easy vit (http://www.easyvit.co.uk) for about 15, get the highest strength ones.

Godders
03-03-2003, 03:15 PM
I already take coddy tablets.

I do notice the difference (less grinding noises lol).

Im gonna make a point of stretching for 5-10 mins everyday and warming up properly. I have decided :chinese:

widge milward
04-03-2003, 03:01 PM
glucosamine is good, as is comfrey (sp??) oil

Rob Hannis
04-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Emu oil is pretty good too, but try getting it out of them with a dodgy knee.

For an immediate short term cure try some ibuprophen gel rubbed into the knee, and ibuprophen tabs to reduce any swelling (although it reccomends you shouldn't use both at once).

the ref
14-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Godders, get yourself up to the doctors. If your joints click a bit, that 's not a problem, but if they are grinding, that is bad. They call it Crepitas. I should have had my shoulder looked at a long time ago and now they've had to saw a piece of my collar bone off and replace a piece of my AC joint. Get it sorted mate, a month off training now is better than a year off later on.