PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Neil_Allen
01-08-2005, 01:25 PM
A Shad Smith?

SDonovan
01-08-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree!!! this movie is a definate Bart Vale!!!

What a let down.

the umpa lumpa's are a joke!!!

SDonovan
11-08-2005, 07:30 AM
are you guys serious??? Roald Dahl was really let down by the original as he felt it lacked the sinister edge that the novel possesed. I went to see the new version today and I felt like i somebody had slipped me some drugs on the way in. It was not only hilarious, but also seriously fucked up and twisted, it definatlet captures the essence that was originally intended...and as for johnny Depp, I think his work in this film just demonstrates further that he's one of the world's best actors who can adapt to any role and fit it perfectly. A classic remake of a good original and an excellent novel...in my opinion :)

I thought that the new one was miles away from the book!!! they included a gay back story about willy wonka which was never mentioned in the book but tim burton decided that he should chuck in.

and the umpa lumpa's used to be little funny colourful creatures with funny songs, orange skin and bright green hair!! for this version they just used the same middle aged asian bloke and stuck him in pvc.

and WTF is going on with the songs??!!!???!! half of them sounded like s club 7 had written the sound track with afew gay rock numbers and some techno shite chucked in, not the kind of songs kids are gonna remember and sing along to.

very gay indeed.

id rate this film a Sean Liddell (using the official SWS rating system) alot of hype due to the original (Chuck) being great but turns out to be a huge let down and is soon forgotten about.

Neil_Allen
11-08-2005, 10:44 PM
lol @ Sean Liddell, I've at least heard of this movie!

BTW Gene Wilder was far more sinister than a shemale Jim Carrery wannabe, although that does sound disturbing. I think Johnny Depp proved he can be Captain Jack Sparrow, in any role he wishes.

Although I'm pretty sure I remember the story of Willy Wonka's childhood from the books, it must have been mentioned.

Godders
13-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Mmm didnt know there was a book.

Do little Umpas pop out and the pages taste of cherry etc?

(might get slightly minging if you get it out of the library mind puke: )

Hywel Teague
13-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Mmm didnt know there was a book.
???????????

did you live in a shoebox?