PDA

View Full Version : UFC41 - a non event?

Godders
06-03-2003, 06:36 PM
I havent seen the results yet (ive been avoiding them oh so much).

But even at that, before the fight there wasnt any hype or loads of prediction threads etc as normal.

Yet every thread about UK events such as our very own Cagewarriors, Cage Rage2 and Ultimate Combat seem to do very well.

Seems things are interesting enough in the UK at the moment.
Zuffa better watch out lol

With MMA on the TV, events on what seems monthly in the UK and no way to see UFC legaly - they could soon lose their UK fanbase.

Godders
06-03-2003, 06:58 PM
As i say that, i see there are rumours UFC42 will be in the UK in august.

We shall see

cagewarriors
06-03-2003, 07:11 PM
I would be very surprized to see the UFC return to the UK as they lost an absolute fortune last time around?
Think about it logically why risk a collosale loss travelling half way across the globe when they are highly profitable on thier own soil?
I would suggest this is nothing more than the start of a wishful thinking rumour. I know however they are watching the many changes in the UK MMA scene at the present & as Godders suggested earlier, are they getting a little concerned with our current growth rate???

the ref
07-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Looking at the line up for CageWarriors 3, why do we need the UFC? CageWarriors just needs to establish themselves fully and progress to a huge venue.

iandean
07-03-2003, 01:37 AM
...as ufc 41 was a non event.