PDA

View Full Version : Dance Music

Godders
07-03-2003, 02:47 AM
Is it just me or are they running out of ideas?

Its been a long time since ive heard a song that ive taken notice off.

And what i heard tonight was complete pish (i was out clubbing). It was turn around with a casio keyboard preset bas, summer has gone with same bass. Everything I do, i do for you, again same bass and other songs found on any 80`s, 90`s complimation CD you get from the home shopper network.

When in the house i listen to bands like linkin park, 3 doors down, fuel, evanscence etc (not to mention your proper rock dudes such as Disturbed, Rob Zombie and of course Guns`n`Roses) not to mention a bit of indie. But when im in the car or in a club nothing beats dance music, trance being fabtastic.

But what ive been hearing lately is complete and utter piddle.

Same with the charts just now. All these garath gates and whats not doing old cacky songs and the PR people making you think its cool. Who buys this cack.... Someone i know just bought the Justin Timberlack album.. I dunno if i can be his friend anymore :woo

I think im getting old :rolleyes:

the ref
07-03-2003, 09:44 AM
The club where I work play US Garage and House. It is a load of shite. All the punters are gurning and chewing their own faces and seem to be in love with the DJ. What's going on? Am I just getting old.To E or not to E that is not the question.

Rob Hannis
07-03-2003, 11:38 AM
You are both correct, you're getting old and aren't in touch with it anymore. Time to get your pipe and slippers out guys.

Godders there's loads of good tunes about at the moment, just have a listen to judge jules on a saturday night for an example. Oh and stop going to grab a granny clubs and go somewhere with more class, or take better drugs :drugs:

Maccavelli
07-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Dance music is shite :woo

Hywel Teague
07-03-2003, 12:21 PM
most dance music is indeed shite.

btw, can anyone tell me if they know of this song- its a metal track that goes

"let the bodies hit the floor(repeat x 3) {or some thing like that :p}
somethings wrong with me(urgh :) ) x 3)"

i still lament the dissolution of the original sepultura, the watered down new type pussy machine head, the total gay ass fag music of korn.

at least pantera still rock

:rock: :drummer:

Godders
07-03-2003, 01:08 PM
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR, LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR, LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRR

hehe quality song. Its by Drowning Pool and is called Bodies

andymc
07-03-2003, 01:22 PM
bro u r getting old before your time, loads of good tunes out just now just listen to any gatecrasher or gods kitchen cd's and stop goin to Nightmares lol

cagewarriors
07-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Fuck all this dance shit you can,t beat good quality Northern Soul & Niel Diamond OK OK!!! I,m too old for this shit

Rob Hannis
07-03-2003, 02:18 PM
When you're done with your slippers dougie pass them onto godders.

the ref
07-03-2003, 02:18 PM
I've never heard ANYONE enter the cage to a dance track, which shows theys are gay. Get some System of a Down in your lug holes and kick some ass.

iandean
07-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah Dance music has really gone downhill over the last year or so, ever ince the old-skool revival died down.

The trouble at the moment is that dance music is being aimed for "getto smurfs" who seem to like crappy remade 80's tunes" or wannbe hoodrat gangster types like blazin squad.

Its a shame becuase dane music shouldnt be that way, cos t the moment it seems to be so cynical and produced and marketed in a way just to keep little kids happy.

But if you look at the stuff that was out in 89-94 (the rave years) and also between 97-2000 (especally in london/south east, with the rise of garage and house) it wasnt like that. It was done for the love of the genre. You could tune into a priate radio station and all u got for really cool tunes u could dance or sing along to or blaze out of your car.

Nowadays all u get is wannbe american gangster types or chessy crap aimed at kids

Maccavelli
07-03-2003, 02:32 PM
wannabe american gangsta music rules:D

Hywel Teague
07-03-2003, 03:22 PM
RAP? its all about marketing

manufactured bands and songs have been around as long as pop music itself-

what annoys me is:

they don't care about the message they put out

they don't care that people take that message and try to live up to it as some ideal lifestyle

they don't care that the "artists" will be tossed aside in two years time

they don't care about the music!!!!!!

they are content to rip off anything else if it makes a quick buck. its not for no reason that the music industry is called just that. artistic integrity is left to fall by the wayside in place of sales sales sales.

anyway rant over.

so to bring a little love back to the forum lets name your recommended albums. i'm going to start a new thread just for this!

iandean
07-03-2003, 04:35 PM
I like rap...i just dont like all the annoying "getto smurfs" who buy into it and go about going "booooooooo" and generally thinking they live in La, when they wouldnt be able to find it on a map.

Rob Hannis
07-03-2003, 11:17 PM
I always use dance music as my entrance music, and I don't play for the other team. Everyone uses rap or some thrash metal so I like to keep it different with some decent dance/trance.

the ref
09-03-2003, 09:46 PM
have you ever had a cage fight whilst on an E?

Rob Hannis
10-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Nope, don't imagine it'd be a good experiance fighting on e, pcp would be better.:shoot:

the ref
10-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I've had a few scarps with blokes on and they don't seem to feel pain, and you've got to bang 'em really hard to knock 'em out. I wonder if anyone has had a snort before entering the octagon.

Rob Hannis
10-03-2003, 05:31 PM
I think it'd be fairly messy, plus each one has the potential to be different. One might make you hyper, the next one could make you mong out. Speed would offer more benefits than e with more regularity between sources.

But I wouldn't reccomend using any before a fight cos they make you loose the sharpness of your brain required to fight properly. Try training on ephadrine and you'll find you can't quite think as effectively as you could straight.

And rmember kids, drugs are bad m'kay

SDonovan
10-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Does Scooter count as Dance music?

iandean
10-03-2003, 10:33 PM
of course scooter is dance music

They would be techno.

Althought nowadays they are more techno-pop

migwar
12-03-2003, 10:46 PM
me an my mate were talking about this very subject, brought about by my prodigy tape in my car, got us talkin like right old gits "ey they dont make music like they used to" we're only 22 lol

TheUnfitOne
15-03-2003, 12:03 PM
TheUnfitOne 1990 - 1994 (The Lost Years)

I left school aged 15 in 1990, and shortly afterwards af friend invited me to a club (that I'd never heard of) called THE ORANGE at THE CAMDEN PALACE, It just blew me away, the music, the lights, the people, the atmosphere it was great - I rarely missed a night (Fridays 8pm - 3am this was before it had an 'all night' liscence) in about 2 years !

I think I saw about 2 fights in my time there - and I remeber 'we' used to despise what we called "Beer Monsters", beer monsters were people that were not into the 'scene' but just used to get p**sed up and play up.

I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I had some of the best nights of my life in that club (and if you weren't there you wont know what I'm talking about)

Still, that 'stuff' is all behind me now, I'm just waiting to see if there are any health repurcussions waiting for me in the future.

Gary.

iandean
15-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Camden Palace is an intense clubbing arena. I've bene there a few times when they held back to 89 nights.

I liked it there but i continusly offered drugs every 5 minutes, which eventually got annoying and some of the dealers were quite pushy.

Also i found the drink prices were a disgrace, especally when u had to put up with the fact that their was no air conditioning (in the times i went) it was boiling hot, and they even turned the water off in the toilets.

TheUnfitOne
15-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Kainer - "I liked it there but i continusly offered drugs every 5 minutes"

LOL = You offer drugs every 5 mins ? ! ? !............ I'd look forward to a night on the town with you !!!!!!!!!!!!

iandean
15-03-2003, 11:49 PM
I was offered drugs by dealers..

come on u must of had it too if u went there. I liked it there, seeing the Ratpack MC/DJ live is amazing

But the rest of the stuff got me down, and having to deal with my m8s buzzing out their nut, or being sick cos they are on ketamine, was too much for me