PDA

View Full Version : Your fave albums of all time

Hywel Teague
07-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Ok, all this talk about music got me thinking.

use this thread to name your favourite albums, for whatever reasons.

Please keep the list to lets say ten at the maximum. Put down the artist, name of album and why it means so much to you.

Any type of music is welcome, even happy hardcore (if thats what floats your boat!)

I'll kick off...

Innervisions by Stevie Wonder
Classy 70s soul from the visionary :cool: himself

Roots by Sepultura
I love heavy shit like this, the drumming on this album kicks ass. Anything with such a tribal slant is good with me, and they're brazilian. how cool? :rock:

American Recordings by Johnny Cash
I urge you to listen to this album. JC is a country and western GOD, and on this acoustic solo album he sings song modern and old time classics. very very dark. :woo

Mezzanine by Massive Attack
If only for Teardrop. :cry

Homework by Daft Punk
Now who says dance music sucks?

1977 by Ash
maybe not the most musically blessed group but this album reminds me of my teenage years and my first serious girlfriend. ahh :rolleyes:

i'll come up with some more later...

Hywel Teague
07-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Sorry cos I spazzed up and fucked about altering my original thread, here is kainers post in reply to the above.

Kainer wrote:

In no particular order

Alanis Morissette - Jagged little pill (i loved this album back in 96. I played it all the bloody time)

Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory - (i used to love tthis album too. Shame they got no-where it since)

REM - Automatic for the people - (Simply amazing)

Dr Dre - The Chronic (The album that brought ganster rap well and truely into the mainstream) imo

Prodigy - The Prodigy Experience (man, i loved these guys back in 92. Real dance music, made for the love of it, not a cynical cash in)

I guess there are more i like, as im a big Jewel fan, but i like so much of her stuff its hard to say. Plus of all the dance stuff i like, they never really released albums.

the ref
08-03-2003, 12:17 AM
The Meteors Live in Glasgow

GBH City babies

Hands Of Stone
08-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Ref, The Meteors being Paul Fenech's band ? WTF !!!!!

Sheer Terror - Just Can't hate Enough.
Life Of Agony - River Runs Red.
Scream - Still Screaming.
Integrity - Those Who Fear Tomorrow.
Judge - Bringing It Down.
Killing Time - Brightside.
Down - Nola.
Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today.
Soulside - Soon Come Happy
Brad - Shame.
Ben Harper - Welcome to The Cruel World.
Tracy Chapman - Let It Rain.
Any Nina Simone.

Plus 8 million other albums.

The Hands.

the ref
09-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Hands, that's P Paul Fenich. Maybe it should be P Paul Jenkins, afterall you're your own one man wreckin' crew.

"These boots were made for walkin' and that's whet they're gonna do. One of these days these FUCKIN' boots 'll walk all over you"

Hands Of Stone
10-03-2003, 03:17 AM
The Gospel according to P Paul F.....

If you don't like our attitude,
Pal, you're out of luck.
We're the Mutant Wrecking Crew,
And we don't give a fuck.
We'll do just what we wanna do,
Get outta the way, we're the Wrecking Crew.

Wreckin Crew was almost our gym name about 2 years ago but we thought fuck it and didn't bother with fuck all, lol.

Despite my youthful good looks, I can claim old school psychobilly from the mid eighties. I still knock round with Mark Phillips from Demented Are Go when ever he's back home. Done a few Klub Foots and I can even play slap bass.
Meteors were never my favourites but do any of these ring a bell....

Guana Batz
Restless
The Quakes
Batmobile
King Kurt
Pharohs
Krewmen
Long Tall Texans

Got loads more if your feeling nostalgic....

The Hands

the ref
10-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Hands, you are only about the 2nd person I've ever heard of who actually knows about Psycho music and didn't just get a flat top. I was wreckin' back as far as 1984. Demented Are Go were awesome. Crazy Horses, Rubber Buccaneer, etc etc. Isaw them about 5 or 6 times accross the country. I believe that all that wreckin' at concerts was were mass MMA truly has its roots. Mind you I've got about 500 albums in my loft that I can't play 'cos I haven't got a record player anymore. I did a few Klub Foots too and had a couple of ribs broke at my first one. I'm bald as fuck now but if I wasn't I'd still have one of them mohican type flat tops.

You are now my favourite MMA fighter, even if you're a sheep shagger.

GOOOOOOOOO MEENNTAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

chisel
11-03-2003, 12:27 AM
GET READY
what about FRENZY, KING KURT for the ispirational SLAMMERS?

i have passed out more times drinking pint slammers than i can remember in my not so distant past!

Sham 69- Thats Life for gearing up for a night out

Combat 84-Charge of the 7th cavalrey for some fire

The Who-Quadrophenia for some nostalgia

Macc Lads-Live at Leeds for pure laffs

Meteors- Wrekin Crew for Lonsome Train et al

The Jam-Singles

Madness-Complete

Cream- best of

Stones-Hot Rocks

Skrewdriver-blood & honour for some pride

and the list goes on and on and on.........

the ref
11-03-2003, 01:34 PM
ever heard of a skinhead band called The Glory?

What do you reckon is harder. Wreckin' all night to The Meteors or fighting 3 x 5 in the cage?

Hands Of Stone
11-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Wreckin' all night, by shit loads.
You can tap out whenever shit gets tough in the cage but you leave the pit early - Man, you a pussy.

They should combine the two and have BadBoy make some bleached and ripped shorts, make you drink 8 pints of snakebite and then put 80 guys in the cage together to kick off to a psycho all-dayer...

The Hands

Hywel Teague
11-03-2003, 04:25 PM
lol

that would be funny as fuck- can you imagine the carnage?

take: 20 skinheads, slightly pished.
add big fuck off boots and denim shorts. remove shirts and adorn with chains.
put into a 24 foor octagonal cage, stir vigorously for around 90 minutes, occasionally sprinkling with piss bombs and spit for good measure.

i would pay good money to see that :devil: :rock: :headache: puke: :dizzy: :dead:

the ref
11-03-2003, 09:08 PM
I remember once, I was so out of breath wreckin' that I puked, but no one noticed so I had a break and carried on.
Are there any psycho cncerts any more. I know king kurt reformed but they were crap then. The Meteors split up and Demented sort of , well I don't know. I think there are still some all day things over in europe but what about in the UK.
P Paul Jenkins should know if you're hanging around with that guy from Demented are Go.

chisel
11-03-2003, 11:09 PM
awr8 ref,
never heard of the glory. any good?
re wrekin....wrekin is as tough as any drillin.

eyup doc, re skinheads in a cage, i would pay money to be in the cage! good do,

Godders
11-03-2003, 11:33 PM
With good stuff like that posted above...

Makes me wonder what retards are ordering the biggest pile of shit on the Box (Music video request channel)

chisel
11-03-2003, 11:37 PM
oi! oi! oi!

the ref
12-03-2003, 04:11 PM
I keep hearing stuff about goth concerts and the Mosh Pit. I've seen their pathetic attempts at wreckin' and they haven't got a clue. I've seen KO's, bloody noses and lips and a guy had his arm brike once at the Zap club in Bournmouth. I think a psycho revival is about due, but could these youngsters take the pace?

If you ain't heard of the Meteors please stay off this thread. That's the censored version.
If you ain't heard of the Meteors, FUCK OFF !!

Lhn
19-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Joe - All that I am

Amazing album, can relate to the whole thing.