PDA

View Full Version : Gutted by the Cage Rage 'riot' :(

unhappy larry
06-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Why is no one talking about the trouble at Cage Rage on Saturday? It was frightening! It was the 1st and will be the last event that i take my pregnant Mrs to, she got an elbow in the face for her troubles by some bloke who could'nt even speak English:(.

The whole show was a disgrace, badly run and organised, the medics had to sit at the back well away from the cage, one of the medics got knocked over, a disabled bloke who was sitting ring side got abused by a load of poles. I think it is wrong that on this forum people are not allowed to say as they feel in fear of someone threatening them. I live local to the venue and my mate is a copper who attended because of the scene, he told me that the security never even had SIA badges and were just a bunch of the promoters thuggish mates.

Anyway the upshot of it is that it is yet another bad day for the sport, I rang the venue to complain about the situation they apologised and said that they would probably not be holding an event there again as the police had filled a comlaint regarding security issues. The girl who i spoke to also told me that when the trouble kicked off at the event the promotors ran off as did half of the security.

Well i have said my piece and i think that the MMA fans are owed an apology from the promtors. I think in future im going to stick with UWC top promotion with good promotors.

DetoxGuru.com
06-02-2008, 03:34 PM
cage rage r gangsters bro thats the problem!!

jaydarrell
06-02-2008, 03:39 PM
what started all the trouble ?

Kaan Sencer
06-02-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah i was pretty annoyed but its not the promoters or venues fault, security was alot tighter than usual, i got seperated from my group and had to wait outside the venue before the last fight so i only saw the scuffles that went on beforehand, its just a warning not to book poek rak again

the ref
06-02-2008, 03:42 PM
It was the pigs flying over head that I didn't like.

Kaan Sencer
06-02-2008, 03:49 PM

yes this was a very serious probelm that also got no mention

Azzy
06-02-2008, 03:53 PM

So its true .....Pigs can fly! lol

Kurgan
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
The polish fans were a disgrace. Bottles were being thrown, some of which were Champagne bottles.
The polish fighter, Pok Rak (not sure of name) should not be allowed back on the shows, Contenders or the big one purely to keep the crowd trouble down.

Cage Rage really need to look at the way they advertise their show, it attracts louts. Sorry to say that but it does. I don't mean to come across like i'm slaggin off cage rage but I suppose I am, but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Its important to fill seats though, it hardly looks good if you are on Sky and the venue is empty.

Cage Rage are under pressure to put ticket sellers on the promotion.

Grant, pigs can fly, they have helicopters.

Azzy
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I actually left but i have heard that this was a big problem. To be honest i even left as i did not like the atmosphere of the crowd, Kurgan i agree Cage rage do attract the wrong crowd but it does sell tickets like that, they just need to find a balance i think.

DetoxGuru.com
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Cage Rage really need to look at the way they advertise their show, it attracts louts. Sorry to say that but it does. I don't mean to come across like i'm slaggin off cage rage but I suppose I am, but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

well said!! I have often said this and been lambasted for it but its so true!!!

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED HAD THE POLISH DUDE LOST TO A JUDGES DECISION!!!!

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Do security have to have these SIA badges now?

Azzy
06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Do security have to have these SIA badges now?

Yes mate they do, all kinds of security as well. they can work under a letter as well but only if working for an appoved SIA contracter

Sledge
06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Why is it that when there is a minor scuffle at a show and some faceless troll trys to stir up some shit they always have a pregnant Mrs with them????

I was actually there and all security were badged and dealt with the situation swiftly and efficently.

cage rage r gangsters bro thats the problem!!

LOL @ the above. Fucktox have you ever met or spoken with either Dave or Andy and what evidence do you have to back up this highly libelous (sp) claim. (If you had the balls to show up at one of their events you might learn something)
You really are some kind of cunt to post up stuff like this when you base it on nothing but hear say from other idiots like yourself.

Dave O'Donnell is on of the most respected martial artists this country has ever produced and Andy Geer is a very successful and respectable business man with more brain cells in his hankerchief than you have in your skull you fucktard.

Oh and what kind of detoxins were in the burger and chips I saw you ordering on Sunday night you hypocritical twat.

the ref
06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
You do not need an SIA badge to work inside of a venue. The term is 'floor walker' I believe. It is preferred that you have one but not the law.

Sledge
06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED HAD THE POLISH DUDE LOST TO A JUDGES DECISION!!!!

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF................

If your auntie had bollocks she would be your uncle.

Fuck off you 2 bob cunt.

What would happen if you had balls between your legs????

Azzy
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
You do not need an SIA badge to work inside of a venue. The term is 'floor walker' I believe. It is preferred that you have one but not the law.

that is kind of true, you can help out and act and claim its "a good will of a citizen" and your not allowed a radio and ear peice or any thing to say or make people think your security, thats one of the little loop holes in the law

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:22 PM
You do not need an SIA badge to work inside of a venue.

Thats what i thought

van-man
06-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Its a shame unhappy Larry had such a moody time and well out of order his misses got hit.

You can partially blame Cage Rage's marketing for the crowd that comes in but normally its ok..OR you could think that London itself is a bit moody, lots of people wiv attitudes thinkin they is the big i am..

there are always some very vocal supporters (like the bird behind me screaming "kill im" at every fight) and most of the tickets are sold by fighters..so you get groups supportin certain fighters.

you can't blame the promoters for peoples behaviour..they tried to calm things down before the fight and even got Rak to say something over the PA.
It all got very excited and twenty staff weren't gonna be able to stop a hundred druken blokes...that would've resulted in a proper riot.

fuckin shame if its causing people to think badly of mma.. The only way to deal with this type of stupidity unfortunately is to punish the fighter by never giving him another shot. If they are real supporters they won't risk their guy getting a ban...

the ref
06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
It is not kind of true. It is fact.

Of course if you've got a badge you must take more steroids and walk with your arms out a bit more and be much more arrogant.

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
bwahahahaha

Azzy
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
like what u say van-man but i think they should give him another shot and if it happens again he gets banned for good with out suspension. its not his fault but he should be given a second chance and tell his fans the score this time round

Kurgan
06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
exactly, no one repsects doorman until they are bigger than a house, unable to brush their hair and have bright red faces

the ref
06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
that's why no-one respects me.

Azzy
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
When most doorman are just fat any way....lol

van-man
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
like what u say van-man but i think they should give him another shot and if it happens again he gets banned for good with out suspension. its not his fault but he should be given a second chance and tell his fans the score this time round

i hear that cos he looked like a decent fighter..and to be honest i was out of the way so wasn't involved.

And Sledge equals nail on head with all comments...

Mike Bishop
06-02-2008, 04:36 PM
if this was a contenders card then I'm not surpised - It's always more lairy because fighters sell a lot of tickets, you get loads of their mates and as a result it's much more partisan than an ordinary event. That said I think the atmosphere is 10x better than an ordinary event because of that.

It does always make me laugh that the people moaning always have a pregnant wife, their nan, a toddler with them that get caught up in any trouble. Why the fuck would you take them !

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:36 PM
What actually happened for those of us that couldn't make it cos our missus' think we're out too much.

Was it a 'minor scuffle' (Sledge 08) or was it a 'riot' (unhappy larry and his pregnant missus '08)?

lovegrove
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Good referencing boxingbrit.

Is the event footage online at all?

van-man
06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
i'd say it was more minor from what i saw..more like a football crowd chanting a shoving etc...
still a fackin good show.

as Rak made his walk out accompied by a number of 'rappers' the Poles went mental and started up some chant, all on their feet (so i think the trouble was no-one else could see). Rak couldn't calm them down..just drunken foolishness..nothin major really

Sledge
06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
There were a lot of fans of Popek out of their seats and making lots of noise but the actual fight was between about 6 people and they were removed from the venue.

I admit it did look a lot worse than it was because of the volume of people stood around shouting but as far as actual violence is concerned I have had bigger fights in clubs I have worked at.

This thread is started by an obvious Cage Rage hater who is now laughing away behind their keyboard.

Remember people only hate winners.

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Thats why we all like you Sledge;).

I blame you. Its funny how you were there and saw everything!!

david5
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
this thread is an obvious pisstake parody of the cw strike force thread. lol @ getting suckered in by it

Sledge
06-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Thats why we all like you Sledge;).

I blame you. Its funny how you were there and saw everything!!

Once again I have been found out. I started it all. I insighted them all with my fluent polish rendition of "We cockneys think Polish people are cunts":D

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
lol, Its even funnier when you imagine the Polish being sung in a Geordie accent. Brilliant.

van-man
06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
lol, Its even funnier when you imagine the Polish being sung in a Geordie accent. Brilliant.

aaahahahahahahaha.

quality!

Sledge
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Ha'wayski the ladsski :D

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been reported in the Media. They seem to love reporting violence at MMA shows, however minor.

david5
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been reported in the Media. They seem to love reporting violence at MMA shows, however minor.

pedro wasn't there

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 05:00 PM
He was at home looking for his head band

warlord
06-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Why is it that when there is a minor scuffle at a show and some faceless troll trys to stir up some shit they always have a pregnant Mrs with them????

I was actually there and all security were badged and dealt with the situation swiftly and efficently.

LOL @ the above. Fucktox have you ever met or spoken with either Dave or Andy and what evidence do you have to back up this highly libelous (sp) claim. (If you had the balls to show up at one of their events you might learn something)
You really are some kind of cunt to post up stuff like this when you base it on nothing but hear say from other idiots like yourself.

Dave O'Donnell is on of the most respected martial artists this country has ever produced and Andy Geer is a very successful and respectable business man with more brain cells in his hankerchief than you have in your skull you fucktard.

Oh and what kind of detoxins were in the burger and chips I saw you ordering on Sunday night you hypocritical twat.

Well said!!

unhappy larry
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM

Did you manage to type that with a straight face?

I appreciate that the 'wannabe gangster' image is just used to sell tickets but when they start to believe there own marketing it causes these sort of atmospheres at the show.

Its a good job noone was seriousluy hurt.

'Be careful who you pretend to be because that is who you become'

van-man
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Larry..no disrespect cos i understand if your missus was hurt/put in danger you'd be pissed off BUT

Dave is a really nice bloke and what he and Andy have done with Cage Rage is impressive..its given London a top quality set of mma shows for fighters and fans alike...

my point is why direct your annoyance at them? Dave didn't hit your wife did he? He can't be blamed for some drunk blokes actions...

their marketing is a bit lock stock but it sells and they are businessmen..as to the whole wannabe gangster stuff that is up to them it should not take away from the fights and the fights are why we go...

Tez
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
The problem here Unhappy Larry with 7 posts is that we don't know you from Adam while other posters on here are known and respected so what they say is believed by the rest of us who weren't there.

payner
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I was there on Saturday, it was a very good show.
The incident that seems to have been overrun with mass hysteria was more noise than anything else, Popek Rak is a God like figure in Poland & attracted a huge following on Saturday Night.
The Trouble was actually caused by a couple of pissed English guys who thought they could take the world on not just the Polish contingent, they shouted abuse & threw a few bottles & were promptly ejected (alcohol & testosterone) not a great combination, yeah the poles did continue to chant for Popek, we have all done that & when there were so many of them it was loud.
Dave I saw in the Cage along with Andy asking for calm, they obviously did not do a runner as stated, when the pissed English trouble makers had been ejected thats what we had.
Dont know about the SIA thing but what I do know is that it is the responsibilty of the Venue to provide this.
The big loser in this apart from any innocent by-stander that may have felt intimidated or got jostled is Popek who, due to Xenophobia not likely to get booked again, after all it must have been all his doing, & Cage Rage who always put on a great show now once again read all of this Bullshit saying what naughty boys they are, they are doing more for British MMA than anyone else, puting it on the world stage for all to take note of & enjoy.
Maybe if a certain rival promotion (and I hope not) corners the market you can all round on them or suck-up & work for the Yankee Dollar.
Alternatively get behind Cage Rage & all of the British promotions out there & put British MMA at the top of the list where it belongs

unhappy larry
06-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Maybe it is a little unfair to blame this on the Andy and Dave but it is easier when they are the 'face' of Cage Rage. My blaming them is only the same as Sledges blind support of the two.

Andy Geer is a very successful and respectable business man with more brain cells in his hankerchief than you have in your skull you fucktard.

Thats an intelligent insult and support of a 'successful businessman' who has had to be saved from near bancruptsy twice in his running of 'The UK's top MMA show'

My wife has been assaulted, albeit accidently, and all you can do is throw insults. No wonder you fit in in that company.

iandean
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
they are doing more for British MMA than anyone else, puting it on the world stage for all to take note of & enjoy.
Maybe if a certain rival promotion (and I hope not) corners the market you can all round on them or suck-up & work for the Yankee Dollar.
Alternatively get behind Cage Rage & all of the British promotions out there & put British MMA at the top of the list where it belongs

Chris,

Surely you aren't saying we should all blindly go against the UFC; because they are American? And that we should all blindly back Cage Rage cos they are British.

As for cornering the market, i have a feeling that Cage Rage would quite like to corner and dominate the UK market too and have engaged in "dubious" tactics against other UK promotions in the past.

Also CR aren't the only people flying the flag for the UK. Total Combat was on Inside MMA and Strike and Submit will follow them on Friday. Cage Wars (in Ireland) are on internet PPV. Cage Warriors have a show in the States as well. Plus FX3, CW, UWC, CG, AM and others are doing their bit too.

Personally it's in everyone's interests to work together as a UK MMA fan i think it's great that UK and European fighters are going to the UFC (and other events like EXC, WVR, Cage Force etc) To blindly follow any show because it is British is not the way of the future.

I think it's great the UFC are here and would have loved to have seen Pride here, and i hope othe rbig shows like BodogFight, M-1 Global, World Victory Road, HDNet Fights etc come to the UK. The more world leaders who come to the UK and bring their investment and ideas and media connections to the UK scene the better it will be for everyone. The drip down effect will happen and will benefit everyone

Femme-ma
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
It does always make me laugh that the people moaning always have a pregnant wife, their nan, a toddler with them that get caught up in any trouble. Why the fuck would you take them !

Because they want to go? I spent a fair few hours cage and ring side when I was pregnant.

payner
06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I totally agree with you Ian, it does seem though that the British promoters do get a rough deal, its almost as if people are waiting in the wings for one or another to drop a clanger, for sure UFC with their advertisng & presence have aided in promoting MMA in general & I am sure that until they started doing this there were lots of people out there that were un-aware of MMA.
I suppose the point that I was making is just simply get behind all of the British promoters rather than finding something to moan about.
For sure we would all like a larger piece of the action, we cant have all of it & that would not be good if that was the case, there is enough to go round.
You are also quite right, we should all support each other in promoting shows in the UK & it is great to see UK Fighters getting the opportunity to show their skills on the world stage.

Luke
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
what started all the trouble ?

They invited people in without shoes!

Luke
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Because they want to go? I spent a fair few hours cage and ring side when I was pregnant.

Did you get hit with an elbow when you went?

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Thats a stupid comment!!

I have taken my nephew and my pregnant girlfriend to shows and never really worried although i think i would think carefully about which shows i was going to.

ReaperBabe
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Have you ever been to a show with Rach??? :D

U_L I totally understand you're upset by the events, but if you consider the matter to be this serious maybe you be lashing out at whoever elbowed your missus.

Not sure yet what your point is.

If a supermarket customer punched you, you'd press chargers against them not against the supermarket manager right?

Maybe I'm just too simplistic...

unhappy larry
06-02-2008, 06:24 PM
My point is i made a complaint to Mr O Donnell, i then made a couple of MMA reporters i know to have covered Cage Rage events aware of what happened. I was not only shocked but disgusted by the responses i got.

Mr O'Donnell did nothing short of threaten myself and my family, telling me that the elbow in the face 'would be nothing' in comparison to what would happen if i continued my complaint.

The two MMA reporters i contacted have informed me that they too had been told not to cover this issue. This is disgusting and one of the reporters has told me that it isn't the first time. I think this deserves to be in the public domain.

Tez
06-02-2008, 06:25 PM

U_L I totally understand you're upset by the events, but if you consider the matter to be this serious maybe you be lashing out at whoever elbowed your missus.

Not sure yet what your point is.

If a supermarket customer punched you, you'd press chargers against them not against the supermarket manager right?

Maybe I'm just too simplistic...

Oh yes!! ;)

david5
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
My point is i made a complaint to Mr O Donnell, i then made a couple of MMA reporters i know to have covered Cage Rage events aware of what happened. I was not only shocked but disgusted by the responses i got.

Mr O'Donnell did nothing short of threaten myself and my family, telling me that the elbow in the face 'would be nothing' in comparison to what would happen if i continued my complaint.

The two MMA reporters i contacted have informed me that they too had been told not to cover this issue. This is disgusting and one of the reporters has told me that it isn't the first time. I think this deserves to be in the public domain.

interesting

THE MOSS
06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
not fair to judge him on how many post he's made. like boxingbrit said, id take me missis to an event but would choose carefully which one, most shows have some pissed up baloons shouting nonsence but you do at alot of sport events. If my misses got elbowd then then id be pissed off but would have moved befor it got that if i was surrounded by aload of dicks.

coventrywarrior
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Fucking hell am i the last one to know anything?
Sledge i have a lot of respect for you, but i think your comments are one sided.
Dave and Andy do a brilliant job of what they do, but lets face facts, they do attract a different kind of crowd, nothing wrong with that. Fuck sake who am i to talk about attracting a wrong type of crowd after my 1st atempt.
We got absolutely slated by all involved at Cage Rage for the incident at Strike Force 1. If you want me to be honest i believe we deserved a slating, we could have done damage to the sport. The fact of the matter is, yes i do believe that issues like this need to be reported on, everyone seems to be playing it down, why? because its Cage Rage, how come everyone multiplied our problem vastly? Why ?because it benifited another promotion. I was not known at that event, but i remember a certain person who then worked for us and now works for Cage Rage sitting at the bar at the after party, talking on the phone laughing and telling someone" thats them fucked, good" then 20 minutes later putting his hand out for his wages.
So i know from previous experiance that this will soon be yesterdays news, and like us hopefully lessons will be learned and Cage Rage will carrying on flying the flag for British MMA.

knucklesbear
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I was not known at that event, but i remember a certain person who then worked for us and now works for Cage Rage sitting at the bar at the after party, talking on the phone laughing and telling someone" thats them fucked, good" then 20 minutes later putting his hand out for his wages.

Is this Grant "ref"?

boxingbrit
06-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Interesting comments from Mr Lillis

Femme-ma
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Did you get hit with an elbow when you went?

Nah but I did have two guys fall out of the ring onto my table at the Eagles thai show. And Sledge had to stop one of the AFL bouts when I had a Porth Madoc mob round my table cheering on their guy. Mostly I had a peaceful time and got on with my knitting though.

Femme-ma
06-02-2008, 08:05 PM

I only guillotined one punter....

Oh yes!! ;)

And I still maintain that Chest-Rug Choke should be a valid submission...

Kaan Sencer
06-02-2008, 11:07 PM

thats rather shocking, dave o donnels threat is pretty nasty, ive been losing respect for him for a while... but that is something

but really, it is not cagerage's fault really you should complain to popek rak his myspace is under popek firma, write an angry letter if that will make you feel better becuase all these petty complaints to people who had no doing in it is just useless, it was a horrible thing to happen but why blame cage rage and the promoters?

and why is everyone saying cagerage attracts the wrong people? if it had been any other event without popek rak, then the crowd would have been fine, albeit a lot emptier but that is nto cage rage's usual crowd

r-v
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
They invited people in without shoes!

haha OMG haha:D

Bruce
06-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Nah but I did have two guys fall out of the ring onto my table at the Eagles thai show. And Sledge had to stop one of the AFL bouts when I had a Porth Madoc mob round my table cheering on their guy. Mostly I had a peaceful time and got on with my knitting though.

My Nan used to knit me woolly hats. She died ages ago. Could you knit me a woolly hat please x

mitch
06-02-2008, 11:55 PM
IMHO theres always the potential for trouble at fight shows,er,its a fight show and thers beer n loyalty n blokes.Imagine you living in poland and Daley,Hardy etc fighting on a show near you, meeting up with all your brit mates.No excuses for any wrong doing to women, but I dont think theres any political mileage in this.
Having said that,theres a stark contrast between the atmosphere at most mma shows to thai boxing shows and I think its a cultural thing.The ring girl crotch shot gangsterisation blood n guts route is a dead end for uk mma imo.Theres much we can learn from traditional martial arts when it comes to giving our sport to the public.

bigleeroy1
06-02-2008, 11:59 PM
how many thai shows are on ppv world wide like ufc.......... non

Waterboy
07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
how many thai shows are on ppv world wide like ufc.......... non

True, but the UFC is no longer marketed as a bloodthirsty 'hardman' contest. Admittedly it is still marketed as a spectacle though, the Mir v Lesnar fight being the most recent and starkest example of this.

What the UFC have worked hard on though - and Cuban's HDNet seem even keener on - along with the more respectable promoters on this forum, is MMA as a supreme athletic endeavour. I would much rather be seen as a combative athlete on a par with triathletes and the suchlike than a 'hardman, and I think there is a lot more mileage with the fickle public in that.

I thought this debate, with all that UK MMA has been through since, UFC's first visit back in 2002, was over, but clearly some are still after the fast buck.

Cage Fighting's days are numbered; MMA is what will go the distance.

the ref
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
I reckon the picture of Joe Stevenson at the end of the BJ Penn fight in this months fighters only is one of the most damaging things to MMA I've seen for a long time.

Nimmy
07-02-2008, 09:05 AM
i dont know who to believe, cage rage gets the wrong crowd sometimes because its marketed as "ultimate fights" etc... now before everyone jumps on the UFC bandwagon im sure UFC get thier fair share of trouble too but they have the money and crowd to take the show elsewhere, they also dont bill it as fights as such. The UK yob culture also comes out at local mma events, shouts like kill him and that guys gay etc.. dont really work for me at mma, id liek to see a more traditional aspect to mma come in like bows before etc..

i think it would be rare to get a riot at a japanese mma show because thier look on mma is of a martial arts style than fighting built on respect

Waterboy
07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I reckon the picture of Joe Stevenson at the end of the BJ Penn fight in this months fighters only is one of the most damaging things to MMA I've seen for a long time.

A picture in a specialist magazine for MMA fans is more damaging than crowd violence and the advertising of events as thuggish 'cage fights'?? :confused:

van-man
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
i think i understand what Payner is saying by supporting shows rather than finding ways to create shit about them..I also totally agree with Kainer. Support the sport!

interesting what coventrywarrior said too... Not sure if ppl are playing it down cos we all agree something happened but it was a minor. As to how Strike Force 1 was made into this big thing it is disgraceful, but times are changing and sensationalizing anything like this is just pathetic. Report on it sure but don't turn it into a drama...find ways to deal with it.

I like what Waterboy and Midge are saying about the need to see mma as an extreme sport populated by top class athletes not thugs etc. And bring back the respect element..might make the fans more respectful but its human nature to scream and shout for your team/fighter...there are just better ways of doing it.

Larry...you are a troll imo. i tried to reason with you but its crap that Dave would threaten you. Absolute bullshit.
I know a lot of reporters too...and yes, no-one wants their show portrayed badly but get a grip..aint no way threats etc were made.

i just think we need to support the sport right now and find ways to make it better ...(sorry for the rant)

boxingbrit
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
i think it would be rare to get a riot at a japanese mma show because thier look on mma is of a martial arts style than fighting built on respect

I would much rather be seen as a combative athlete on a par with triathletes and the suchlike than a 'hardman, and I think there is a lot more mileage with the fickle public in that.

I agree with both these good comments.

Sledge
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
What everyone fails to see is that this thread is all bullshit.

The reason there was nothing reported is because. (drum roll) de de de de de.......... THERE WAS NOTHING TO REPORT!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy dickhead is a made up troll. He was not there, he has no pregnant mrs and did not speak to Dave O'Donnell.

Can a responsible adult please take the spoon off the child.

boxingbrit
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
It had better not be my spoon he has or he might find out what being involved in a riot feels like!!

Sledge
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
It had better not be my spoon he has or he might find out what being involved in a riot feels like!!

LOL.:D

I am sure he would not dare Ian.

jaydarrell
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Luke ! I would like to distance myself as far a way as possible from the no
trainer thing ! Please don't bring that up in the future. It wasn't my idea and
nuff said.

Jimmy Boogaloo
07-02-2008, 04:10 PM
What trainer thing? Why shouldn't he bring it up?

jaydarrell
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
i'm not going into that again.

coventrywarrior
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
What everyone fails to see is that this thread is all bullshit.

The reason there was nothing reported is because. (drum roll) de de de de de.......... THERE WAS NOTHING TO REPORT!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy dickhead is a made up troll. He was not there, he has no pregnant mrs and did not speak to Dave O'Donnell.

Can a responsible adult please take the spoon off the child.

yes this is a troll, and a clever one because i remember a certain pregnant woman being hit at strike force 1 whom me and Dougie humbley appologised to, only to find out there was no pegnant woman and the poster was infact a troll, out to cause as much trouble as possible calling for the MMA community to ban and vito us. So maybe beings as Doug now has access to the Governers office after hour maybe its him lol

Like i said next week there will be something else that everyone will talk about and i have a feeling that i already know what it is???????????

markjitsu
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
yes this is a troll, and a clever one because i remember a certain pregnant woman being hit at strike force 1 whom me and Dougie humbley appologised to, only to find out there was no pegnant woman and the poster was infact a troll, out to cause as much trouble as possible calling for the MMA community to ban and vito us. So maybe beings as Doug now has access to the Governers office after hour maybe its him lol

Like i said next week there will be something else that everyone will talk about and i have a feeling that i already know what it is???????????

is it something to do with trainers?

r-v
07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
What trainer thing? Why shouldn't he bring it up?

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16290

its a CW classic

jaydarrell
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Let it rest in peace !

coventrywarrior
07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16290

its a CW classic

i think its brilliant i can see that working on my next formant show

"CAGE WARRIORS PRESENTS" DOUGS RETURN" DRESS CODE : NO BRA'S ALLOWED IF YOU WEAR A BRA YOU WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY

Luke
07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
.......lol!

jaydarrell
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
hahaha oh boy ........

mitch
07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
It was a funny thread.

jaydarrell
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes it was ! Enough said !

DetoxGuru.com
07-02-2008, 09:51 PM

nikki
07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
sledge you idiot. what about your dumbass statement about detox eatin a burger and chips on sunday. he was in line with me as i waned something. and our mate was the one with the burger.
if your gonna snoop at least do a good job of it!

mitch
07-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Nowt worse than your bird jumping to your defence:D .Like anyone gives a fuck if Detox ate a burger,(exept for the poor creatures that led miserable lives then died to provide it,n Sledge),I think Sledge n Detox should have a forum style battle of wits staightner,if Detox can keep his bird from steaming in.:D I hate it when people fall out but this thing has gone on too long.
Anyone missing a spoon:D

van-man
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
think it should be like the good old days wiv people offering to meet in a car park so they sort it out ...

go sledge, be awesome to see you scrap...course only a black tie affair

mitch
07-02-2008, 11:14 PM
think it should be like the good old days wiv people offering to meet in a car park so they sort it out ...

go sledge, be awesome to see you scrap...course only a black tie affair
STRICTLY NO TRAINERS were looking for a more classy carpark.

the ref
08-02-2008, 09:00 AM
What weights are Sledge and Detox Guru?

DetoxGuru.com
08-02-2008, 09:26 AM
sledge is super heavy aint he???

I hover around the 90kg mark , have been up to 93 a couple of months ago no lower than 88kg!!

DetoxGuru.com
08-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Nowt worse than your bird jumping to your defence:D .Like anyone gives a fuck if Detox ate a burger,(exept for the poor creatures that led miserable lives then died to provide it,n Sledge),I think Sledge n Detox should have a forum style battle of wits staightner,if Detox can keep his bird from steaming in.:D I hate it when people fall out but this thing has gone on too long.
Anyone missing a spoon:D

i dont dislike sledge i just think he is a sad twat who doesnt have anything better to do than talk shit!!!!!

as for my bird jumping in ( so to speak ) She just doesnt like it when people talk out of their ass and slag me off for no reason

RetoxGuru
08-02-2008, 09:39 AM
i dont dislike sledge i just think he is a sad twat who doesnt have anything better to do than talk shit!!!!!

as for my bird jumping in ( so to speak ) She just doesnt like it when people talk out of their ass and slag me off for no reason

jeebus, your bird must be as stupid as you are if you both think you've given people no reason too 'slag you off', really gavin.

sugar lump anyone?

gorillaacademy
08-02-2008, 09:51 AM
What weights are Sledge and Detox Guru?

LOL, i think they want to fight each other @ the pier show coming up Grant.

graham cooke
08-02-2008, 09:58 AM
grant = king of the internet grudge match :D

van-man
08-02-2008, 10:35 AM
STRICTLY NO TRAINERS were looking for a more classy carpark.

yeah, no lay-bys ...:D

MaNuAl
08-02-2008, 10:42 AM
To be fair, London will always have the "wide boy gangsta" attitude. Same happened at the UFC event (O2) or had you all forgotten about the brawl during and after....

To be fair to the poles...9/10 its some british wank starting on them and the rest of them giving backup - usually some jobless drunk with 23 kids earning 90grand from tax payers; whining about how they steal their jobs.

This board requires alot more moderation...quite frankly its shocking with the amount of abuse/baiters/trolls etc.

van-man
08-02-2008, 10:50 AM
every one knows its a troll job...

but its brought some great things to light: namely the jay"notrainers"darrell thread is back PLUS a possible grudge match between sledge and detox..

the ref
08-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Detox and Sledge please PM me with your interest in fighting on 23rd Feb in Portsmouth. Don't let the MMA community down.

Mike Bishop
08-02-2008, 12:29 PM
LOL ! Would anyone really want to see these pair fighting ?

the ref
08-02-2008, 02:05 PM
yes, of course they would.

jaydarrell
08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Remember vanman it wasn't my idea of no trainers.

SLTrooper
08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Slodge, just because you dont agree with someone, why does that give you right to start calling them c**ts?

Personally, i have always thought you were a c**t but i have had the good grace to keep that to myself. And i base this not on one post but by reading your drivel for many years now.

If your missus (im assuming you have one) got elbowed in the face you would be the first person on here demanding apologies and retribution.

Try and express yourself with a little more dignity and remember other people are allowed an opinion.

van-man
08-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Remember vanman it wasn't my idea of no trainers.

i know...i know.

its just such a funny thread, and as you were (sort of) the voice of fightfirst on here you kinda got stuck with the micky takin...
:D

Luke
08-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Detox and Sledge please PM me with your interest in fighting on 23rd Feb in Portsmouth. Don't let the MMA community down.

I dunno. Detox would have to brush up on his Jitz first!

MMA RULES
08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I dunno. Detox would have to brush up on his Jitz first!

They could do K1 fight ?

MMA RULES.

Toastie
08-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Why were there bottles to throw? Any promoter worth his salt should have insisted all alcohol be served in collapsable plastic cups. Common sense to have that policy.

I think the topic starter is making it up because I don't see how a contenders show would overlook such an obvious saftey policy.

Sledge
09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Do they serve burgers in nose bags????

Femme-ma
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM

LOL ! Would anyone really want to see these pair fighting ?

Hell yes. Preferably in small silver and gold thongs. With Flash Gordon entrance music. And comedy pink head-guards.

Sorry. Got caught in the moment there.

Sledge
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Hell yes. Preferably in small silver and gold thongs. With Flash Gordon entrance music. And comedy pink head-guards.

Sorry. Got caught in the moment there.

Only for you in private babes.

youdick
21-02-2008, 05:27 PM

Your fat ugly mrs preganant by someone else needed that elbow in her face to straighten it out! fuck me you pussy you to much of a lil cunt to protect your dog lips mrs!! i bet she has to stick up for you! stop bringing drama, it wasnt a riot, your drama queen. go back to your birds wart raided cunt! and really stop sucking your dogs dick when your drunk, ive heard all about it! dirty dirty lad.

Augustus Gloop
21-02-2008, 05:56 PM
bahahaha wonder who this poster is connected to!? :rolleyes: ^^

mitch
21-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Hope your not reading this thread wearing trainers son, or youl be out;)

DetoxGuru.com
22-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Slodge, just because you dont agree with someone, why does that give you right to start calling them c**ts?

Personally, i have always thought you were a c**t but i have had the good grace to keep that to myself. And i base this not on one post but by reading your drivel for many years now.

If your missus (im assuming you have one) got elbowed in the face you would be the first person on here demanding apologies and retribution.

Try and express yourself with a little more dignity and remember other people are allowed an opinion.

well said , this is a forum after all !!!

cameron
22-02-2008, 11:32 AM
ttt for people who post their lives on the internet and assume that anyone actually gives two shits being told that they do so!