PDA

View Full Version : Fav moves, pos? and move u wanna pull off

Godders
11-03-2003, 05:07 PM
* desperate attempt to get grappling forum moving ;) *

Whats your fav moves/ positions?

Mine is sidemount, which of course leads to elbow on jaw/ throat and or keylock.

The move i want to pull off in sparring (and tried against Maccavelli) is to get a armbar from scarf position - simply cause i seen royce do it and i thought it was one of the coolest things ive ever seen :chinese:

Hywel Teague
11-03-2003, 06:04 PM
fave submission moves= either achilles crush or any variations of toe holds

fave position= knee ride :D i love knee ride and side mount as well, i try to play a floating game rather than contest of strength, and i like to flow from one position to another...

SDonovan
11-03-2003, 07:01 PM
I really like working in my guard (as im only a little lad i always end up there anyway) and my fav subs are either the armbar to omaplata or just your basic triangle.

Rob Hannis
11-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Doggy position with a mirror in view is my favourite position, or her on top riding it like it's going out of date.

In grappling the position I most like is side positon just to test my positions then play around moving to mount, 4 corners etc.

My favourite subs are heel hooks from a sweep (someone doing the sweep on me) or something from guard. Like olli I often get put on my back by monsters so it's good to armbar or triangle them.

widge milward
12-03-2003, 10:36 AM
i wanna do a flying oma plata or flying reverse triangle

Maccavelli
12-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Widge do you do the flying omoplta when someone high singles or have you got something else :cool:

I like anything that works, been getting kimuras and quillotines a lot recently

Godders
12-03-2003, 02:06 PM
I want Maccavelli let me try a flying armbar on him

Rob Hannis
12-03-2003, 02:54 PM
I haven't trained flying armbar for ages, think you'd probably rip one of mac's arms off if you tried it on him though godders.

Maccavelli
12-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Fuck off :finger:

Godders
12-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Why.. Im about the same weight as paul :rolleyes:

Rob Hannis
12-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Ok godders, of course you are.

Godders
12-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Ya but paul has cryptic type powers that means you forget he weights the same as a bag of sugar from tescos

SDonovan
12-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Flying armbars are cool, I had never tried them before Jean Silvas seminar now i use the fuckers all the time.

Godders
12-03-2003, 09:43 PM
I find the best counter is to lift them above your head and find the nearest cupboard.

Maccavelli
13-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Worked on me

GRAPPLE DUMMY
18-03-2003, 06:57 PM
My Fav grappling move has got to be knee on chest/stomach, with everything that brings.

The move I really want to pull off and never have done is a Mongolian torso crank, which Marc McFann did to me at a seminar years ago (the pics were in MAI). He claims it was shown to him by a wrestler from Mongolia he met in Europe, but it was bloody agony I can tell you. I've never seen a similar move like it.

Neil_Allen
18-03-2003, 10:58 PM
I use a lot of sweeps and love sinking chokes, did once win with an omoplata but it's usually hard to get on. For five weeks I tried a flying armbar in all my fights, I cam very close twice just running out of time before they could tap.

Lately I just like getting a strong straight armbar from the guard, I think this is the right name. When you walk your legs up high and tight and grip the opponent not letting them move, it's real easy and powerful.

widge milward
19-03-2003, 10:14 AM
never actually pulled it off. been looking at it from a high single or from a standing clinch (needs a high ass jump though)

Wiegieboard
03-08-2003, 10:36 AM
I wana be able to pull off a flying triangle some day. Had it done to me yesterday and it was fast as fook.
Neill Wylie

Maccavelli
04-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Who did that then :D

Godders
05-08-2003, 04:44 AM
Learn to breakfall with your ears :p

Hywel Teague
05-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Dr Octagon
fave submission moves= either achilles crush or any variations of toe holds

fave position= knee ride :D i love knee ride and side mount as well, i try to play a floating game rather than contest of strength, and i like to flow from one position to another...

i've changed my mind. i have a new fave sub, and its the knee bar :) and the triangle, and the armbar, and the kimura from guard... and... nah i like them all now.

still love kneeride though. and side mount. in fact i'm shit from mount.

Neil_Allen
14-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Clock choke is cool, nice move.

I really like using a Kimura from guard, then switching to a neck crank sweep or getting the Kimura from the north/south position. There is this ridiculously simple armbar from side control I learned at the Shaolin seminar, can't wait to try that out.

Wiegieboard
19-04-2005, 10:46 PM
I now love working side control.