Mark Weir vs. David Loiseau

Robbie Lawler vs. Pete Spratt

Mike Van Arsdale vs. Rich Franklin

Andre Arlovski vs. Randy Couture

Matt Hughes vs. Sean Sherk

Taken from http://www.mmaweekly.com/

iandean
11-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Zuffa are really goign to have to push that card a lot. As at the moment 4 maybe 5 of those fights would just about make a KOTC card.

This is more prove that Zuffa really do need a weekly, monthy tv contact to showcvase younger/new talent before they make the big leagues

Godders
12-03-2003, 12:05 AM
I was thinking that myself.

There isnt any fight there im excited about

iandean
12-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Is this the same Amaury Bitetti who wa spummeled brutally for about 10 minutes by Don Frye at UFC 9.?

SDonovan
12-03-2003, 08:25 AM
Awful card, but sometimes these can provide the most exciting shows!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to -

widge milward
12-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Romie Aram vs. Amaury Bitetti - this will be a war on the ground, very technical fight.

Hermes Franca vs Rich Crunkilton - hermes is a triangle machine, and rich is being hyped up all over the place

Sean Alvarez vs. Cabbage Correira - boring fight IMO

Mark Weir vs. David Loiseau - WOW- standup war

Robbie Lawler vs. Pete Spratt - dont care - robbie lawler is fighting so it will be good

Mike Van Arsdale vs. Rich Franklin - MVA back in UFC, GnP display

Andre Arlovski vs. Randy Couture - doesnt interest me.

Matt Hughes vs. Sean Sherk - about time this fight happens, hughes is amazing, he will bitch sherk till next year

Ross
12-03-2003, 10:12 AM
robbie lawler is my hero

SDonovan
12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah Lawler is great but i dont really know what to expect from Spratt, Everyone keeps saying how great his stand up is but i have yet to see it.

iandean
13-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Isn't Spratt a Muay Thai guy. If so his stand up must be pretty good?

I know the UFC are building it up as a stand up war, i'd liek to see Lawler fight the winner of the Newton/sliva fight afterwards

Neil_Allen
13-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Romie Aram vs. Amaury Bitetti
As Widge said Amaury is very technical on the ground, plus UFC 9 was a long time ago and he was a late replacement without much experience. No idea why they picked him up but this will be ineteresting. Aram is a KOTC fighter normally, mostly a slow wrestler but he will be forced to fight hard on the ground.

Hermes Franca vs Rich Crunkilton
No idea

Sean Alvarez vs. Cabbage Correira
This will be great

There is going to be a KO in this fight, Loiseau is very good and has a lot of hype, we all know about Weir.

This should be a stand up war but if it is I think Spratt will get the better, Lawler hits hard which I am sure Spratt knows already. Spratt has to prove himself and be ready, Lawler will use more wrestling in this fight than usual.

Mike Van Arsdale vs. Rich Franklin
Arsdale is very good and will probably win this.

Andre Arlovski vs. Randy Couture
Cool fight, logical progression really.

Very interesting, can't wait for this one.

Personally I dont see anything wrong with this card, apart from only one title fight. It's just the last two UFC's had big fights for different reasons, this hasn't got a Ken Vs Tito or Baroni Vs Lindland style fight. Which is a shame

Hywel Teague
13-03-2003, 01:19 PM
while its not the greatest of cards i think its solid enough.

romie aram by submission. this guy trains with some of the best BJJ/NHB fighters in california.

franca/crunkilton. couldn't say

alvarez/correira. alvarez will stop the human punchbag correira by TKO.

Weir/ Loiseau. def gonna be a KO here- whichi way nobody knows. lets hope Mark proves himself as the great fighter we all know and doesn't give the yanks any reason to doubt him.

lawler/spratt. lawler is being tipped as the next big thing. thing is, we haven't seen him pushed by anyone yet. now spratt is meant to be DANGEROUS on his feet, but has questionable ground skills. if lawler continues his brawling style i think he'll get caught by spratt. if lawler takes this to the ground and starts throwing, i think he could take it. lawler by ref stoppage from GnP.

arsdale/franklin. can't comment don't know them.

arvlovski vs couture. a tough fight for randy to come back to. again, hes up against younger, stonger bigger opponents.
classic age+experience vs youth+desire.
as much aqs i hate to say it, i think randy will lose. arvlovski is hungry for another win after KOing Freeman- he can obvioulsy throw them standing up, but as for his wrestlgin ability i'm not sure- maybe this is where randy could dominate?
open verdict.

hughes/sherk. hughes by methodical demolition. the guy is untouchable.

iandean
13-03-2003, 01:56 PM
The main problem with this card is the mian event.

There is no way that hughes/sherk is a main event fight. The Miltitch fighting system team re so dominant in this wieght class that, ther eis hardly room for anyone else. The biggest draw in the division would by Hughes vs Lawler but as that wont happen, it make sthe divsion kinda stale.

I thik thats why Zuffa is so desparate to get Ken vs Tank or some other old timers who have Big Name recognition in there to drive up sales.

Hywel Teague
13-03-2003, 02:11 PM
not just dominance of the welterweight-class.

at one point or another MFS have had
LW= Jens
WW=Matt H/Robbie Lawler/Pat Miletich
MW=Dave Menne
LHW=Jeremy Horn/Nate Schroeder
HW=Tym Sylvia

they're such a good team that they seem to dominate wherever they go!

have a look at UCF 40, you see them come out to corner someone almost every fight!