PDA

View Full Version : attn: Dr Octagon

Godders
12-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Lo mate

You said you did media etc.

Dont suppose you know the law about doing a non profit clip with a soundtrack?

Hywel Teague
12-03-2003, 05:43 PM
non profit clip with sound track- are you referring to your own or somebody elses work? if you're planning on taking a clip from an event/ docu its a bit murky, but not impossible. to be honest you may be best emailing the sherodg admins as they are the ones who have all the footage of fights etc- whether this is through an agreement with the various companies who own the rights to the footage i'm not sure, but they certainly get around that by inculding other peoples property (ie video footage) on their non-profit highlight vids.

the law however does little more than ascertain the moral right of the author to be recognised as such. after that so long as you're not using stuff for commercial gain you're pretty much in the clear.

if you were to do it, you could post a clip, put a nod towards the source and you should be ok

if you're talking about your own clip ie CW trailer then its a lot more straight forward but maybe worth looking at gettig copywright on it. not sure if dougies got that on the CW brand (i expect so) so that might extend to any products or off-shoots

Godders
12-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Cheers mate

Im doing clips and have Dougies permission and he has copyright etc. I want to put some music in the background.