PDA

View Full Version : Favoutite Seminar

SDonovan
12-03-2003, 10:28 PM
What has been the best seminar that you have attended and why?

Hywel Teague
12-03-2003, 11:06 PM
matt thornton- sbg guru!!!

nah hes a really chilled out guy with a passion for bjj, and a great teacher.

one guy i would like to go to a seminar with is roy harris- i've heard nothing bt great things about him

Godders
12-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Hard to say.

The Mark Walder/ Royce gracie one was fantastic. I learned ALOT, and had a great time.

But possibly the most important ones ive done are the John Kavanagh ones as they had a very significant change in my "game".

Rob Hannis
13-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Roy Harris was certainly the best seminar by miles, his teaching methods were tops, his philosophy spot on and his stories were cracking. Had a private too and that was well worth it.

Royce was good but Roys openess and teaching methods put him ahead.

Roy should be back soon too........................

Hywel Teague
13-03-2003, 01:32 AM
nice one let us know when roy is back- thats one guy i want to train with big time

Rob Hannis
13-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Don't worry you'll find out, I'll be plugging it like mad as soon as things are confirmed.

Maccavelli
13-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Matt Thornton AND Chris Haeuter, JK have been the most beneficial too me

Godders
13-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Ive also been to loads of Maccavelli free type seminars.

I basicaly leach what he went and paid for.
Its great :D

Levo
14-03-2003, 12:49 PM
August Wallen by far. An amazing fighter and great teacher. I've never learnt so much useful technique.

Also enjoyed Matt Thornton a lot.

Nathan

GRAPPLE DUMMY
18-03-2003, 08:04 PM
My fav seminar was one by Mauricio Gomes at RM Condor (45 Commando base), about 3 years ago.

There was me and 4 mates, about 20 marines with their instructor, and Mauricio. Anyway, what a day, the marines were new to grappling so we essentially had Mauricio to ourselves and had loads of rolls with him, as well as talking with him in the canteen at lunch break.

The sparring was a great work out because the marines were strong and keen, and we all went home f*cked.

Neil_Allen
19-03-2003, 12:02 AM
I liked Carlson Gracie Junior one best, I remember more techniques from it that could easily be used.

Jean Silva always teaches us cool stuff when he comes to train, flying armbars/triangles, cartwheel guard passes and some decent throws, suplex, takedowns etc.

Obviously my weekly training is more important, seminars are good but I tend to only really remember a few techniques very well from each which I add to the BJJ part of my brain for future use.

GRAPPLE DUMMY
19-03-2003, 02:14 PM
To be honest, as far as bucket loads of good drills/techniques and training tips go, you can't beat Eric Paulson.

Maccavelli
24-03-2003, 02:21 PM
For learning a million moves, remembering 5 and regularly using 1 you cant beat erik paulson :)

Hes a cool dude though.

I prefer having a dude work on aspects of my game it seems like its the small adjustments to techniques that make me better.