PDA

View Full Version : Lancashire Catch Wrestling

GBUK-Sheffield
03-11-2005, 10:22 AM
i am interested to know who, in leighs opinion, are the bjj clubs with watered down techniques. I agree with his argument about fighting to be on top, but I dont necessarily think it is to do with watered down techniques but rather not having regular access to top level instruction. Most of the guys running clubs are still blue belts. There have been cases of suspect black belts running classes which could add fuel to the fire of watered down technique.

GBUK-Sheffield
03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Leigh, Fair enough, I was probably getting a little defensive towards pyjama fighters.

JSho, I meant another black belt who got schooled by a blue belt and called time when in the blue belt's submission so he didnt have to tap. This was all after said Black Belt had called said blue belt and his students scared to train with him.

Boxingbrit, never heard of em.

Hywel Teague
07-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Atherton would be a good place to learn if they were more interested in teaching than they are in crippling, lol.
*snigger*

they have got a rep for being a bit rough

Hywel Teague
07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
for some proper catchwrestling action try this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=15EBAF1M

Its a 100mb clip of Gomi in action in submission wrestling. Note how it is fundamentally different to BJJ because of the strategies rather than the techniques.