PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Paul Jenkins for Open Mat

shakus maximus
20-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Me and the guys from Tillery Combat have Just got back from the wales open mat held by Paul Jenkins
was a really good experience. no one with attitude and a freindly atmosphere.
had a chance to roll with some real good guys. (some big mother f**kers):)

Paul is going out of his way to promote welsh mma so all clubs should try and get down to the next one.
nice to see and roll with denzil, tim newman and a few old faces that i dont see a lot of. also met a lot of decent guys and will try and meet up with them again for a session.

please try and support the next one as it was an excellent training session and rolling with people from different clubs, different weights, different abilities can only improve your game.
also nice to meet Godders

look forward to the next one.
thanks Paul

regards Shaky

Hands Of Stone
20-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Just wrote a glowing report and put thanks left, right and center. Only to be timed out and losing the whole fucking post, lol.
So, in short...

Cheers for the Props, Shakey.

First things first - Attitude.
Not one bad word, not one injury, not one rattle thrown from the pram, no war faces and no egos. Was a pleasure to be associated with the day.

I got subbed a stack of times but I learned and dialed in three new submissions, all in one day. So chuffed to fuck just on a personal level.

Thanks to everyone who turned up.
We had guys from London, Birmingham, West Country so for anyone in the South Wales area who struggled to get their lazy arses out of bed on a Sunday or felt they were above rolling with a bunch of in-bred scrappers, you can suck my septic stump.

Might throw another of these in the mix for around a months time and/or change city or venue just to show I'm not talking our lot up cos we were in our own back yard.

All the money made today is gonna go to Godders to finance the Welsh Fighting Alliance website. No membership, no grades, no monthly fee's. You put on shorts, gi or gloves - you're invited to get involved.

Today was a good start and I reckon it'll kickstart a few suprise offerings.

The Hands

robbie777
20-07-2008, 05:30 PM
I must say I had some fun there today. That one kid named tom one of the abertilly lads only 58kg but was pretty slick on the ground I reckon he do well when he gets his debut.

Other than that i learnt a fair bit on quicker subs. Roll on the next time :)

Godders
20-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Money raised is for hosting, not for moi personally!

Was a great friendly atmosphere and was great to watch guys of different sizes and levels getting it on. When i was training properly i purposly went to 3 different clubs just to keep new sparring partners to avoid getting stuck in a rut. As Dave ODonnel says its better to be the worst at a good club than be the best at a bad one.

Hopefully ill be able to have a roll at the next one! Big props to Jenkins for pulling it off.

steve_langford
20-07-2008, 08:04 PM
glad it went well.
Can you do a list of which gyms exactly turned up? just curious like :)

jcraig80
20-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Was great session; good standard and as mentioned previously no ego's whatsover.

Cheers Paul, will be definately be up for more regular open mats.

Scott
21-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Glad to hear it all went well, hope I can come along to the next one.

wagon
21-07-2008, 12:45 PM
will be at the next one. Stuck in a bloody wedding in Caerphilly castle!!!

shakus maximus
22-07-2008, 05:09 PM
im still f**king aching:p

Musha Shugyo
24-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Paul is going out of his way to promote welsh mma so all clubs should try and get down to the next one.

please try and support the next one as it was an excellent training session and rolling with people from different clubs, different weights, different abilities can only improve your game.

I couldn't agree more.I found it productive and a real pleasure to attend.Well worthy of support in the future.If anybody is curious,then get down to the next one.I think people will find it's worth the effort.Good fun.

N.B. In addition,i'd recommend Paul and Sam's MMA training sessions.Quality work!