PDA

View Full Version : Any mma or bjj near brecon?

Rob Hannis
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM
As it says, off to visit my girls parents in a couple of weeks time so would be nice to get some training in if there is anywhere near brecon to train?

Rob T
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Depends where in Brecon you're going. Swansea is easy to get to if you're over to the West and you'd be more than welcome at GB Swansea.

If you're over the East then Greg Creel has a Pedro Bessa affiliate in Blaentillery and there is Falcons MMA (they train out of a few different places).

Whereabouts in Brecon are you going?

Rob Hannis
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Probably not going to venture as far over as swansea unless we go to the gower (how good is three cliffs bay?). Her parents are just outside brecon itself a village by the name of Talgarth

Rob T
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
If you're that side of Brecon try Greg's club. You can find it on the map here; http://slideyfoot.blogspot.com/2000/01/uk-bjj-club-list.html

Three Cliffs is really nice. Rhosilli Bay is probably the no.1 beach in Gower though. Either one is definitely worth the drive if the weather is good. There is a bit of a walk required to get to Three Cliffs so if you go there make sure you pack everything so you can carry it easily. It's not a huge trek but it's enough that you don't want to be carrying loads of lose stuff!

Rob Hannis
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Cool thanks I'll see if I can get over there, although nothing is close in wales!

Rhosilli is good, I went in the sea there in march one year and my nuts ended up like frozen peas, cold wasn't the word!

Rob T
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
The problem with that area of Wales is that you can be 10 miles away from somewhere as-the-crow-flies but it is 50 miles drive!

If you need any info on Gower, just send me a PM or whatever.

Hands Of Stone
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Hannis, stay your side of the border, ya bum hole.....
Other than that, I've been looking for a grappling/mma/dogging club in Breacon for someone else in the last few weeks and come up with fuck all.
I'll mail you a list of all clubs, contact numbers and relevant milage from your area and see what takes your fancy.

The Hands.

shakus maximus
01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
we do mma, kickboxing and no gi grappling.
You are more than welcome to come to any of our sessions Rob
our address is Tillery Combat MMA Academy,Carmel Street, Abertillery, Gwent NP13 1DG,
for BJJ as Rob T says Greg Creel has a club in the same town
PM me if you want more details.
regards shaky

Budgemyster
01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
there is a mma club in merthyr tydfil , active bodies gym pentrebach ind est , merthyr what dates are you coming down to wales

Rob Hannis
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
down next thursday for about four days so I'll see where I can get over too although just discovered my girl is putting her car in for a service when I'm there so might be a problem getting anywhere unless I can ride a sheep, and not get done for it this time.

If I find any dogging spots with particularly ugly women I'll let you know jenkins

wagon
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Rob you can get to Creelys Thursday I'll be there mate. Will take about 30 - 40 mins from your inlaws.

johnE
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi all, I'm new to MMA and would like to start, are there any clubs in the Pontypool/Cwmbran area as I'm from New Inn?
Cheers
John

wagon
11-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi all, I'm new to MMA and would like to start, are there any clubs in the Pontypool/Cwmbran area as I'm from New Inn?
Cheers
John

Abertillery mate you have Pedro Bessa bjj. muay thai in the same club. You got Falcons there too and Shakeys club (sorry Rich can't remember what you called). Not sur how far that is from New Inn mate

General H
12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
falcons martial arts runs jujutsu, kickboxing & mma classes in both pontypool & cwmbran. please email falconsmma@aol.com for more details.

thanks!!
Gen H

johnE
25-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks General H, I have sent you an email and look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
John