PDA

View Full Version : Nate Quarry Injured In Freak Accident

Ben_Hutch
18-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight Nate Quarry, who secured a place in the highlight reel of 2008 by chasing Kalib Starnes across the Octagon, is recovering from a freak accident a little over a month ago.

Quarry was at a party in Albany, Oregon, where guests were hitting golf balls into a wooded area. Quarry walked straight into the backswing of a young woman, sending the club directly into his left eye. The force of the blow broke Quarry's Orbital Floor, a bone that keeps the eye in place. Doctors estimate the original cast member of “The Ultimate Fighter” will not be able to compete until November or December at the earliest. Despite the bad turn of luck, Quarry has been a good sport about the whole incident.

“I’m just glad it was me and not some kid or other woman,” Quarry says. “We had grown men swinging these clubs. If it would have hit a kid or a woman, it would have smashed their face.”

http://www.fcfighter.com/news

Leigh
18-08-2008, 07:34 AM
He needs to be more careful. Training right behind Randy couture, so he gets his leg broken, now walking around where people are swinging golf clubs

Ross D
18-08-2008, 04:01 PM
The broken leg that cost him his place in TUF, the back injury that put him out for months and involved major surgery and now this. Is Nate Quarry the most accident prone man in MMA?

oebs1
18-08-2008, 06:20 PM
The broken leg that cost him his place in TUF, the back injury that put him out for months and involved major surgery and now this. Is Nate Quarry the most accident prone man in MMA?

i dunno but he is one unlucky b@$tard!

comes of a proper decent bloke aswell