PDA

View Full Version : Three Welsh Styles Form Alliance

Budgemyster
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Three welsh martial art styles in wales have formed an alliance with each other to support each others future MMA events in wales, to hopefully improve MMA shows and fighting talent, also there are plans for open MAT events to be discussed and agreed upon.
We hope this will strenghten MMA shows and fighting talent in wales in the near future, and give all other styles out there the opportunity to compete in some great future up and coming MMA events. thank you
STREETSTYLE JU JITSU/ MERTHR TYDFIL/ RHONDDA
Mark burridge / Mark holloway
GRACIC BARRA / SWANSEA
Chris rees
TILLERY COMBAT / ABERTILLERY
Richard shore (shaky)

shakus maximus
12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
spoke with chris today and both of us are happy to get involved with this. this will give local lads a great chance to progress by being matched fairly, and the benefit of fighting in front of a local crowd.
i believe budgie is gonna speak to Jenkins to get him involved as he also has a load of local talent
onwards and upwards for welsh mma in 2009

Hands Of Stone
12-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Got ideas coming out of my arse for this kind of shinnanigans, but struggling to pull it all off on my own.
My first open mat and the fully paid for Welsh Fighting Alliance website are classic examples.
Only photos I got were off Rich and it was gonna be an all-inclusive database/directory of all Welsh fighters, gyms, clubs and shows. A one stop shop for anyone looking to find out about Welsh mma and where to start training. All for free.
I still get around 3 emails or pm's a week asking about nearest/best/most suitable clubs and I always reply and I rarely plug my own gym, just hand out numbers/directons with no preferance to any one club.

Gonna hook up with Godders in this coming week and give it one last push.

The Hands

iandean
12-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Good stuff...good luck

MMA RULES
13-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Come on Wales help your biggest MMA legend. I know he has got some good plan's to for Welsh MMA.

Paul just shout if you need anything or help.

Stu

Rob T
13-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm happy to help but not having much time is my problem. I can post on forums while in work, but it's tough to do anything else. When I'm not in work I have basically zero free time.

lee kru
13-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Guys i will help where i can and support your events, and endeavors.

I have pulled together most of the 'authentic' Welsh Muay Thai gyms in the last 2 years and we are all working together, i know how difficult it is especially when people have careers/business intersts in the Game. It has been hard for me to get everyone to work together but my advantage has been that i dont rely on my Gym for income, ive got a reasonably good Job, so i can be fairly neutral like Paul has been and can hopefully walk away if it became financially unviable.

I have lost money on shows, i spend many weekends away with my fighters for no recompense. I put my money from my club into developing a full time facility. The next show will pay for the Welsh Amatuer Thai Boxing team to compete in the World Amatuer Championships in Bangkok this March.

I know if everyone works together Pro/Am regardless and supports each other, not double booking promotions the same month etc etc etc then as a Nation we will get better fighters.

MMA will be huge in the UK, its the sport of the future but will never be taken seriously when there is so much division and confusion.

I know these divisons and rivalrys are massive in Thai and have been since Day 1 in the 70's but Wales is a small place, there are only a few real MMA clubs who produce fighters. it shouldnt be too hard to get together and work, there is enough slices of the pie to go around and then some.

I can help with links with other UK gyms and promoters etc.

I got fighters at Thai, K1, Kickboxers and got some MMA guys now too.

Chok dee (good luck) with this as it seems a worthwhile cause.

and now for the shameless plug- i have a show on 31st January, there may be a room available between 5-6 pm for all the MMA clubs to sit and try and sort things out, you can attend my show, bring ticket paying students with you to spectate;-)
I will provide the room for you all to meet for an hour.

You can watch some quality Muay Thai fights, have a few beers and then go away having enjoyed a great evening plus moved one step forward to having a truly Welsh MMA league/Alliance whatever.

Sawadee Pimai 2009

Lee

shakus maximus
13-01-2009, 10:50 PM
cracking post lee.
ive recieved your posters for the event and have put them up in the gym and the nightclub we train under
unfortunatly i can not make 31st Jan due to work commitments,
i think if we go forward all giving full support to shows then mma will really springboard.
with reference to the welsh fighting alliance website, jenkins is working his ass off to get this up and running. please all make the effort to spend 20/30 minutes of your time to email him some pics
once this site is up and running it can provide great publicity for events in wales whether they are mma, bjj, thai boxing, grappling.
so come on all you taffys get motivated

Budgemyster
14-01-2009, 01:58 PM
already some great replys and positivity on this, as for helping paul with his thread,,, as i am busy putting cageheroes mma event for march 1st together with others things happenin i will be collecting information and over the next coming couple of weeks about ssjj and will be handing him it to get his idea going, promise . lee powers great to have your imput and backing on this safety in numbers, also getting different styles working together and building trust and trying to better mma in wales RESPECT

iandean
14-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Wales' alliance should take on the North East Alliance in a bitter and prolonged feud.

shakus maximus
14-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Wales' alliance should take on the North East Alliance in a bitter and prolonged feud.

we will smash them and steal their sheep

beakyboy
14-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Excellent idea lads, pretty flat out at the mo up Merthyr with Team Iron Warriors with one thing and another. There's some good talent about in wales, an alliance like this can only make us stronger. Any help/info you want from us just ask. We'll only be to pleased to help and be part of the alliance. I'll try and dig some pics out for jenks too.

lee kru
14-01-2009, 11:04 PM
WARNING..........................................

do not send pictures to Jenkins he cuts out newspaper words and pastes them on the pictures you send him, then puts them up in his 'private' room.............................................. ..........................................

Next to the mask, the chair, the cattle prod, the chains.....................

Budgemyster
22-01-2009, 12:29 PM
spoke to paul jenkins ,he as giving his permission for dogs of war ,to join our alliance hear in wales, great news

Hands Of Stone
22-01-2009, 02:57 PM
And if I get beck from Denmark in one piece this weekend I should be popping up to Merthyr this coming Wednesday. With gimp mask.

The Hands

Budgemyster
22-01-2009, 06:08 PM
And if I get beck from Denmark in one piece this weekend I should be popping up to Merthyr this coming Wednesday. With gimp mask.

The Hands

promises promises