PDA

View Full Version : Jobseekers Allowance

tinerrz
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I have been working abroad for 2 years but got back last week. I recieved a letter this morning saying that they will pay me 64.30 a week but only until 25th September 2009 - They say "We cannot pay you beceause your entitlement based on class 1 National Insurance Contributions has run out"

What the fcuk happens if i havent found a job by then? I have worked for the past 10 yrs in this country prior to the last two - and after 6 months my contributions will have ran out - WTF? I aint confident of finding work in todays economic climate...

I take it if i havent found work by mid Sept, I'll have to start knocking out the odd jack and jill again? If that's the case, can someone employ me as a runner please? I'll "work" anywhere in the UK....PM me obviously!

Wiegieboard
03-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Good post. I got the exact same letter and was wondering the exact same thing myself!

Bateman
03-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I have been working abroad for 2 years but got back last week. I recieved a letter this morning saying that they will pay me 64.30 a week but only until 25th September 2009 - They say "We cannot pay you beceause your entitlement based on class 1 National Insurance Contributions has run out"

What the fcuk happens if i havent found a job by then? I have worked for the past 10 yrs in this country prior to the last two - and after 6 months my contributions will have ran out - WTF? I aint confident of finding work in todays economic climate...

I take it if i havent found work by mid Sept, I'll have to start knocking out the odd jack and jill again? If that's the case, can someone employ me as a runner please? I'll "work" anywhere in the UK....PM me obviously!

I think it more off a pistake that they want to pay you 64.30 a week ! that just takes the piss...

64.30 a day is more reasonable....

Wiegieboard
03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
LOLZ I get like 50 odd quid cuz I'm under 25. A mate of mine gets even less, poor bastard.

VLee574
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
my bro gets 45 a week what the fuck is anyone supposed to do with that !!!! just a fucking joke

Sports-Select.co.uk
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
You hear (from the dailymail) about the professional dole class, out of school at 16, into council house, weekly pay check. You must be doing something wrong if you paid in for 10 years and cant get as much.

Or do you become eligable for welfare, housing etc. once JSA runs out?

tinerrz
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
i THINK im eligable for housing benifit as is anyone unemployed but i could be wrong....but i dont need housng benifit - i need to know what happens after 25th Sept...anyone got any idea's?

After 6 mths do you get moved onto some other scheme like work training? or do they reduce my money? Surely the fcukers cant just let me starve after paying 10yrs worth of contributions?

The letter just says "We cannot pay you Jobseekers Allowance from 25th Sept 2009"...

Maybe they will pay me "The Great Unwashed and Unemployable Allowance" after the 25th Sept? :rolleyes:

tinerrz
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
You hear (from the dailymail) about the professional dole class, out of school at 16, into council house, weekly pay check. You must be doing something wrong if you paid in for 10 years and cant get as much.

Yeah i cant get pregnant! :confused:

tinerrz
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
I think it more off a pistake that they want to pay you 64.30 a week ! that just takes the piss...

64.30 a day is more reasonable....

You offering me work Mr Bateman Sir?

Leesin
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
That takes the fucking piss!. You should be entitled to job seekers for as long as you need it, just aslong as you also meet their requirements and requests down the line, whether you have paid NI for 10 years or not shouldn't have anything to do with it. Although your payments into it make it even more of a point that you should be able to claim for as long as you need.

They are having you on, go and tell them you know you are entitled to claim jobseekers for aslong as you need it just aslong as you follow their regulations, which will usually involve you end up being put on some shitty 5 day a week course, where u go and sit in a room that consists mainly of COMPLETE idiots, from morning to afternoon as if u were working, looking for jobs in papers and on the internet.

Believe me it sucks, when I was signing on for a little while they sent me to one, I quit in the second week because I couldn't stand it, it has to be the most backwards depressing place ever, you can do everything you need to do in an hour or two but youll have to stay there for the entire day still and repeat it all over and over, the only thing I got out of it in that time was an improved CV, it didn't help me find work at all. Just made me want to kill the fucking unwashed drivel talking idiots I was surrounded by. But of course my money was cut off for quitting so I went back to doing cash in hand.

Soldmysoulforabeer
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM

Or do you become eligable for welfare, housing etc. once JSA runs out?

You know my sister to well. 5 Kids, Nice house. Never worked in her whole life!! Oops sorry she worked for one week at a broken biscuit factory and could not handle the pace of packing broken biscuits. She diagnoses the kids with any disorder which will get her extra benefits. While i on the other hand love working but sadly there is no work going around at the current moment in time and im waiting for some training body to get there fingers from up there ass and to put me on my SIA licence course (I've been waiting 3 months and they have rearranged my intervie 3 times). She once had the cheek to say to me "Its time you sort your life out and stand on your own 2 feet" because i was out of work.

It pisses me off that this goverment looks after the scroungers better than the hard working individuals. I reccon they should put a cap on how many childred are eligble for child maintenance.

tinerrz
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
^^^

yeah funny enough, after i had filled out the forms etc and was sat there like a mug for an hour, i decided to see what sort of training they offered - NONE until you've been signing for at least 6 mths - HAS TO BE THE MOST FCUKIN STUPID SYSTEM THIS SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC!

Ok, so i then ask what is available after 6 mths....wait for it....i have been a Team leader in a large call center with a team of 12, a betting shop manager, the senior trainer for BT's oversea's operation in India....

....and in SIX MONTHS - they can offer me a CV writing course or basic computer skills...!

How and who managed to fcuk up such a simple system so royally?

I still aint convinced im not gunna starve or start running drugs in Sept....

wrestlewar
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm in the same boat at the mo, made redundant and awaiting my redundancy cheque which won't be much considering the years i put in before they got rid of me.
same thing told that i could claim job seekers allowance for six months then after that it goes to means tested which i was told they take all your circumstances into consideration I.E savings, what your missus earns, assets etc then told how much they'll give you a week which will still be a pittance or if your missus earns to much you won't get shit.
the system is fucked up when as already mentioned fucking scroungers get looked after while hardworking folk get fucked.
hope everything works out for you mate.

SDR
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Fake a neck injury.

I had a serious one and was never properly examined or questioned in this country. They just gave me sick note after sick note and didn't even think twice, asked me what dates I wanted and I just told them. Incapacity Benefits sent me a questionnaire and it was more of the same, tell them what they should really be finding out for themselves. It's no wonder so many people are fraudulently claiming benefits in this country, they don't investigate it at all.

bigleeroy1
03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
just sell drugs, or work for people that do. it depends where your particular skills lie

Soldmysoulforabeer
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
just sell drugs, or work for people that do. it depends where your particular skills lie

No skill in selling drugs. The worst thing about selling drugs is that you have to think of the consquences which come with it.

UltimatePunch
03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
there are no consquences when u stay on your toes ha

Soldmysoulforabeer
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
there are no consquences when u stay on your toes ha

Thats what probaly every dealer has said untill they got caught. :rolleyes:

Zanmato
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Thats what probaly every dealer has said untill they got caught. :rolleyes:

caught, tapped on the wrist and told to be more careful of being caught next time you mean. what percentage of dealers do you think get caught? like 2% or something!?

UltimatePunch
03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
stupid dealers get caught....only ever have enuff on u to be classed as personal. i have heard this and seen this on tv and in no way would i ever participate in or condone anything illegal

Rs1
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm in the same boat, mine runs out end of july. When i got the letter i was quite surprised, what do they mean it runs out......my mate has been on the old king cole from leaving school just about, fucking 12 year ago or summit and gets paid the same as me who has worked since leaving school, what gans on there??
The jobcentre dudes are no use at all either. I tried to apply for 4 seperate jobs and have been told i'm too old and dont have good enough qualifications. When i asked the dudes about it all they said was " they can do whatever they like" and "yeah you probably are too old". Christ on a bike they have you D.O.B either i am or i'm not, whats all this probably shit??

Ben
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
you will be able to claim income based JSA rather than contribution based JSA after your contributions run out afaik

And if you can't claim income based JSA then it means that your financial circumstances are good enough to survive - i.e. spouse works, other benefits (e.g. tax credits etc), savings over a certain amount.

People moaning that 60-odd a week isn't enough makes me laugh. End of the day if you are a single person you get your JSA (which unlike my wage is inflation linked) and you can get local housing allowance to pay your rent.

I pay enough in taxes to pay for benefits.

And the idea that you can get a massive amount on incapacity benefit isn't that true - the lower rate is only a bit more than JSA.

tinerrz
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
i rang the social today as couldnt find a straight answer anywhere else - the long and short of it is this...

For the first six months you get benifit without it being means tested (im not convinced about this as they ask about savings etc but thats what they told me)

After six months, your benifit stays the same but it now becomes mean tested - eg spouses income, savings etc.

Not sure how housing benifit works yet tho.

Obviously you have to jump through their hoops but thats to be expected.

I hate the soap dodgers that live on the dole for years and i agree they should ask lots of questions and investigate anyone they suspect of dodging work but for those of us newly unemployed with a good CV, i think they could adopt a different approach.

In regards to how much you get, 60 a week for a single guy doesnt seem to bad to me - ok so you cant afford to smoke/drink/buy PS3's etc - but then why should the taxpayer pay for such luxuries?

Scary letter to recieve tho!

soul_assasin
03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Just to add tinerrz, I think they have introduced new laws with regards to benefits. As u said, after 6 months it will be means tested, but if you get the short end of the stick you may well have to contribute towards some kind of tax n all. Not 100% sure about it but it might be an idea to ask about it anyway.

Shaun.R.
04-04-2009, 06:18 AM
they will carry on paying you after september just not contribution based.

if you want to do a course, go find one you want to do and ask them to pay for it. if its to expensive they will just give you money towards it or pay for the full course. you can blag your way onto new deal to get on courses straight away

Wiegieboard
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM
In regards to how much you get, 60 a week for a single guy doesnt seem to bad to me - ok so you cant afford to smoke/drink/buy PS3's etc - but then why should the taxpayer pay for such luxuries?

As a current and active jobseeker I agree with this. It gets me my food as well as my travel to and from job interviews etc. I went through fucking hell trying to get my 50 odd quid a week when I see all of the bastards of the day who haven't worked since leaving school at 14 out drinking and using drugs every single night of the week. I went to school with half of them.
I'm lucky enough to live with my brother now but I do pay diggs and get no help with it. This can make money tight.

tinerrz
04-04-2009, 06:28 PM
^^^ hope u find summat m8.....iv sent u a pm ;)