PDA

View Full Version : TUF 9 Thread all programme talk here please (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

londonpride
30-03-2009, 06:35 AM
with the series only a few days away i thought we could keep most the discussion regarding the series in the one thread. stopping spoilers from being mentioned on other threads.
there's going to be alot of interest in this series on here so i thought it would make more sense keeping all the discussion in one place, as opposed to the countless mini threads we'd otherwise see.

any discussion/spoilers etc can be posted here after each episode. (obviously not stupid spoilers like who wins before the fight is broadcast or who wins the series/got eliminated early etc).

coventrywarrior
30-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Have made this a sticky so please as said before keep discussion about tuf 9 in here.

marc goddard
30-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Have made this a sticky so please as said before keep discussion about tuf 9 in here.

you mean "in" here.

coventrywarrior
30-03-2009, 09:19 AM
must have changed it as you quoted it, :)

marc goddard
30-03-2009, 09:24 AM
moderator powers FTW........

Tommo
30-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Has it been confirmed when & which channel is actually showing it now.... Bit confused with all the Virgin1 & Setanta threads etc :confused:

MMAlien
30-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Has it been confirmed when & which channel is actually showing it now.... Bit confused with all the Virgin1 & Setanta threads etc :confused:

+1.................

Sinister.
30-03-2009, 09:56 AM
first episode which is the UK elimination fights will be on Virgin 1 at 11pm on 5th April, it is then repeated at 10pm on Setanta 1 the following wednesday. I think it will run in that structure for the entire season.

Tommo
30-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks mate....although thats wank, why cant we have it on Setanta on the Thurs like previous as waiting till Sunday sucks!

If they wanna get people interested Setanta should do it freeview like the yanks do with Spike and prob get more subscribers... is there some sort of link between Virgin & Setanta?

Tommo
30-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Still doesnt say nothing about it being on Virgin1 in my Sky planner yet?? Hopefully it will update soon...

Augustus Gloop
30-03-2009, 02:54 PM
first episode which is the UK elimination fights will be on Virgin 1 at 11pm on 5th April, it is then repeated at 10pm on Setanta 1 the following wednesday. I think it will run in that structure for the entire season.
??? 1st episode airs its on setanta 1 thursday 2 april 10.00 after ufn 18

then its repeated virgin 1 on sunday

at least that's what my sky planner is showing

purist
30-03-2009, 03:34 PM

According to the listings on the Setanta site, UFN18 is on Thursday 8-10pm but instead of TUF9 afterwards, they're showing "The Footy Show". Good stuff, not enough football on at the moment imo :rolleyes:

widge milward
30-03-2009, 03:41 PM
there was a trailor on Virgin 1 last night btw

Sinister.
30-03-2009, 04:11 PM

that was the original plan, but recently setanta revealed a massive loss in there yearly profit, so i believe they have now split the deal with virgin as they dont want to lose the programming. By airing just the repeat they dont have to pay as much for it, but will still pull in viewers. Crap i know, this is why the delay has happend. Unfortunatly your sky planner is wrong buddy.

dunny
30-03-2009, 08:14 PM
the ufc's site and promo vid says its on virgin 1 first, lets go with what they say

londonpride
31-03-2009, 06:09 AM
this thread seems to be working, we've only had 3 other TUF 9 threads started in the past 24 hours ;)

whats so difficult about the start times?

Each week the show will go out at Sunday 11pm on Virgin 1, but if you cannot stay up for that it will be repeated every Wednesday at 10pm on Setanta Sports.

Starting on April 5th, there will be 12 one-hour episodes in which fighters compete in a knock-out tournament – eventually leading to the TUF 9 finale which can be seen exclusively live on Setanta Sports.

from the setanta website:

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/o...ed/gnid-45953/

londonpride
31-03-2009, 06:13 AM

thats not what the setanta website has said.
starts on setanta wednesday 8th.

seems every planner and the virgin website are feeding false information, the virgin tv listings doesnt even show them showing TUF.:rolleyes:

buddha Boy J
31-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Fork when its on! who wins? haha...im so excited and I havent even got virgin 1 or setanta! i Caught all last season on mma-core on the net.

That five min teaser has driven me insane!!!

Martial Arts kitten
31-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm in the States and its on Spike tomorrow night at 10pm EST after a 2 hour UFC show from 8pm. Guess that doesn't help most people though :D

londonpride
01-04-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm in the States and its on Spike tomorrow night at 10pm EST after a 2 hour UFC show from 8pm. Guess that doesn't help most people though :D

10pm EST, what is that in GMT?

the ufc site says its 10pm EST and PT, given PT is 3 hours behind (i think) i guess that means the PT area don't get to see fight night live?

Ill be watching TUF on mmatko.com as soon as its upped, just as i did the entire last season, should be up by thursday afternoon. cannot wait.

mrj2020
01-04-2009, 11:20 AM
cant wait for tonight

i am evil homer
01-04-2009, 08:18 PM
can any1 conform when the fist show is on as i cant find it on sky planner

noony82
01-04-2009, 10:16 PM
its shown on virgin on 5th (sunday) night then repeated on setanta on the 8th (wednesday) at 10PM. cant wait the trailer looks awesome!!!!! hope this helps buddy :)

Martial Arts kitten
02-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Oh come on. I'm busting to see what everyone else thinks on the first episode!! someone else must be watching it other than me right now!!!!!!

iandean
02-04-2009, 04:05 AM
spike have a lot of adverts...and that 4 dollar foot long sub is criminal

david5
02-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Oh come on. I'm busting to see what everyone else thinks on the first episode!! someone else must be watching it other than me right now!!!!!!

well done to dre and dean amasinger :)

Levo
02-04-2009, 04:16 AM
Congrats to Dre, Dean and Nick. Great wins against good guys.

Nathan

iandean
02-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Well done to..Dre Winner, Ross pearson and Stapes who are all Warrior Promotions fighters

And Well done to Dean Amasinger too

The UK guys should be proud

david5
02-04-2009, 04:20 AM
also well done to stape's ear

Martial Arts kitten
02-04-2009, 04:34 AM
also well done to stape's ear

You can totally see why he wears a hat for the interviews!! well done all the guys so far. Nick O fight awesome!!!

Martial Arts kitten
02-04-2009, 04:36 AM
spike have a lot of adverts...and that 4 dollar foot long sub is criminal

Had a ft long subway today. Ft long cheaper than 6 inches at the moment. I'm gonna be a heavy weight by the time I fly home!!

Soreshins
02-04-2009, 04:37 AM
hmmm.....kind of agree with what Dana/Bisping said tho.....he did seem to lack a wee bit power. Can't take away from that nice knee tho!!

Soreshins
02-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Have u seen the amount of fast food places over here????? its crazy!!! Food is god here and I'm definitely about a stone heavier than when i left the Uk coz i end up eating out a lot with my work. The fast food ads are non-stop on tv too. No wonder you see so many fat folks in Florida.

Martial Arts kitten
02-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Have u seen the amount of fast food places over here????? its crazy!!! Food is god here and I'm definitely about a stone heavier than when i left the Uk coz i end up eating out a lot with my work. The fast food ads are non-stop on tv too. No wonder you see so many fat folks in Florida.

everything is with cheese!! even cheese comes with cheese. I've only been here for 4 weeks and I'm trying to keep a good training regime in place but its just food food food in Illinois!!

Martial Arts kitten
02-04-2009, 04:51 AM
So as you guys already given some result away UK results stand at

Andre Winner
Nick Osipatryk
Dean Amasinger
Jeff Lawson
James Wilks
Martin Stapleton
Ross Pearson
David Faulkner

and team USA not off to the best start from next weeks trailer.

david5
02-04-2009, 05:19 AM
just remembered where i know james wilks from hahaha, he did a seminar over here, good guy

londonpride
02-04-2009, 06:16 AM
anyone got a link to the streaming?

waiting for it to be upped on the usual site i use, just wondering if anywhere has upped it already, can't wait any longer.

londonpride
02-04-2009, 06:46 AM
yanks starting already:

These UK fights reminded me of a lot of the amateur fights I go to. So, either the UFC brought in some below par fighters or they were just matched up in a boring fashion.

I'm glad that the UK fighter Alex Reid isn't fighting. He would have really annoyed me. I don't think he has time to train anyway with all the eyebrow waxing, tanning and facial peels anyway.

Lots of those guys either need to hit the weight room and protein or lay off the fish n' chips and hit the treadmill.

londonpride
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
just watched it.

shame to see che mills get beat, weren't he meant to be one of our best chances?
whats the bloke that beat him like? he trains in the usa, is that due to his fighting, or is he a genuine expat who fucked england off to live elsewhere?

ross looked class and did a few others.
the preview for next week looks funny, fucking yanks failing to make weight lol

Jogs D
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
So as you guys already given some result away UK results stand at

Andre Winner
Nick Osipatryk
Dean Amasinger
Jeff Lawson
James Wilks
Martin Stapleton
Ross Pearson
David Faulkner

and team USA not off to the best start from next weeks trailer.

That's a bad ass list of fighters - the yanks are fucked!

steve_langford
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Ross Pearson is a foooking animal!
I thought Ep1 was great , really impressed with team UK.

Jay Evans
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Ross was scary as hell, I loved the ending preview for next episode haha "There coming to kill you" hahahaha.

MMAlien
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
is anywhere streaming this?

daspecimen
02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
trying to avoid spoilers so am scouring this thread. wheres the best place to get this online? Can't find an upload/torrent atm but maybe im looking in the wrong places.

pms welcome :-D

simpy
02-04-2009, 02:14 PM
trying to avoid spoilers so am scouring this thread. wheres the best place to get this online? Can't find an upload/torrent atm but maybe im looking in the wrong places.

pms welcome :-D
Just got my torrent from http://thepiratebay.org was only the one on the and it was a really good download

simpy
02-04-2009, 02:17 PM
These UK fights reminded me of a lot of the amateur fights I go to. So, either the UFC brought in some below par fighters or they were just matched up in a boring fashion.

I'm glad that the UK fighter Alex Reid isn't fighting. He would have really annoyed me. I don't think he has time to train anyway with all the eyebrow waxing, tanning and facial peels anyway.

Lots of those guys either need to hit the weight room and protein or lay off the fish n' chips and hit the treadmill. :

Thats pretty funny seen as looking at the clip from next week it looks like alot of the yanks are out of shape and over weight

purist
02-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Really impressed with Ross Pearson, this was the first time I'd seen him fight.

Shame about Che. Maybe the pressure got to him?

Andre Winner looked good too, nice knee to finish the first fight!

Was good to see Dave Faulkner too, Ive read a lot of hype about him on here so was good to finally get to see him fight.

londonpride
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
deleted............

Duchman
02-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Dre, Stapes, Ross looked realy impressive. they deffo have the clinch/wrestling to stick up to the yanks.
Some of the fighters look a bit small @WW but than again.. rather smaller, than passing out on the threadmill making weight.
looks like a good team.

Daihlo
02-04-2009, 04:09 PM
cagefilm someone just put it on.
May have to delete it for legal purposes but am not able to get onto the server at the mo as its currently migrating to a larger and faster one! I suppose if you went to the WATCH tab on CageFilm you might still see it.

CraigA
02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Was it Dave Faulkner that got DQed against Dean Amaslinger for a foot lock in a B class pro fight im sure i can remember that from a rough house show?

Ross Pearson looked awesome best out of the lot, but i hope Dean and Dre go all the way.

Luke
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Ross Pearson is a foooking animal!
I thought Ep1 was great , really impressed with team UK.

Yeah, same here. Did any of you see a skit for the next ep, where they showed the yanks passing out and struggling to make weight, haha!

***********SPOILERS****************

Bad luck to AJ and Tommy. Shame about Alex Reid not getting in... he's a character, but look forward to seeing Lawson and Winner particularly.

RGS1
02-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Was it Dave Faulkner that got DQed against Dean Amaslinger for a foot lock in a B class pro fight im sure i can remember that from a rough house show?

Pretty sure it was.

bigleeroy1
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
yeah it was dave that got dq'd at rough house mate against amasinger

Lou
02-04-2009, 09:04 PM

I'm confused! My BT box shows it as Sunday on Virgin but in The Guardian guide it says it's on tonight after ufn :confused:

Luke
02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm confused! My BT box shows it as Sunday on Virgin but in The Guardian guide it says it's on tonight after ufn :confused:

Same here. Although I watched it online already I'll watch it again on Sunday as it's a cracking episode.

Lou
02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll definitely watch it Sunday, looking forward to it :)

Bloody Guardian!!!

IranianWarMachine
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
was good, but not great looked a bit scrappy, what impressed the most was the killer instinct when the opportunity came no-one failed to finish. The guy who subbed che, the guy from rochdale and dave faulkner looked the best, i can't stand that lanky cockney barely any skills and cocky as fuck hope he gets smashed.

Luke
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
was good, but not great looked a bit scrappy, what impressed the most was the killer instinct when the opportunity came no-one failed to finish. The guy who subbed che, the guy from rochdale and dave faulkner looked the best, i can't stand that lanky cockney barely any skills and cocky as fuck hope he gets smashed.

Well he's got enough skill to put Tommy away. Christ though, what's his record? I checked and he's got none!

alwaystapping
02-04-2009, 09:50 PM
i can't stand that lanky cockney barely any skills and cocky as fuck hope he gets smashed.

whoa there, Ahmadinejad...

MMAlien
02-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Enjoyed the show.cant wait till the next one!

Predator
03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
i can't stand that lanky cockney barely any skills and cocky as fuck hope he gets smashed.

LOL

Nick is a cocky fucker, hes gonna make great TV. That ginger comment was comedy gold lol.

Pearson and dre looked damn good, Dre put on a clinch clinic and some great double legs from Ross,

Damn shame Alex Reid had to fight Deano, I would of loved to watch him on TV

SDR
03-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I thought Alex Reid was Chris Brennan at first! He was entertaining... but went over the line from Rampage (comedy) to Junie (bellend), I'm thankful we don't have a full season of it :) Dre Winner, Pearson and Stapes looked the business for me.

Out of interest, does anyone actually know the finalists yet? Don't post them, just interested if we're making predictions and some smug bastard is sat there knowing we're all wrong? :D

Augustus Gloop
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Nick is a cocky fucker, hes gonna make great TV. That ginger comment was comedy gold lol.

lol at that comment. lets hope hes as entertaining winding up the yanks

some impressive performances on there. but why do a lot of the guys insist on taking it to the ground when they clearly had superior stand up? can think of at least 3 of the team that this applies to.

hope it doesnt back fire in the series

hope they smash team usa

SDR
03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.grapplewear.co.uk/Gallery/Alex%20Reid%20Weigh-Ins/Alex-Reid-CRC.jpg

http://www.onzuka.com/Photos/Chris%20Brennan1.jpg

Anyone see the resembelence?!

Augustus Gloop
03-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Alex Reid...went over the line from Rampage (comedy) to Junie (bellend)
couldnt agree more. too intent on trying to be a tv personality than a fighter and ended up looking a knob. glad he lost

Reidernater
03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Your right, that Alex Reids a complete cock! Way too much make up as well. Bloody eye brows waxed and everything. why do these TUF twats put on all this silly shit just to be entertaining? They should just be themselves. Knob!

Death wish
03-04-2009, 11:58 AM
was a gd show well done ta stapes and ross
would like ta have seen alex in the house but well done ta dean
cant wait ta see the rest ov the show

JeffMcFluffy
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Your right, that Alex Reids a complete cock! Way too much make up as well. Bloody eye brows waxed and everything. why do these TUF twats put on all this silly shit just to be entertaining? They should just be themselves. Knob!

Ha ha .

i am evil homer
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
they have just been talking about UF9 on bbc r 1 news anybody hear it

Predator
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM

"Its Reidernater time!"

that was awsome

SDR
03-04-2009, 01:45 PM

LOL :D I had no idea you post here!

You were funny, just the crossed the line a little bit I think sumed up perfectly by

"stop shouting woooooo and get your hands up!"

Predator
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
LOL :D I had no idea you post here!

You were funny, just the crossed the line a little bit I think sumed up perfectly by

"stop shouting woooooo and get your hands up!"

Hater :D

SDR
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Hater :D

I dont hate the guy! He seems like an intelligent bloke who got us talking about him so he obviously did something right! I'll even hook him up with a private with Sass if he wants :D

Predator
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll even hook him up with a private with Sass if he wants :D

LOL

hopefully that'll never happen to Deano ever again :)

live and learn as they say

Chris Barton
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Alex 'the reidenator' Reid is the BIGGEST legend ever.

HIT ME...HIT ME!!! WOOOOO!!! WOOOOOO!!

THE MOSS
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
is there a link where i can watch it,

Brett
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Finally got round to watching this, i thought Dre and Ross Pearson looked very impressive. Alex Reid had me in stitches

dunny
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
i think alex reid might have been funnier if he won, but when you act like that and then lose, you just look like a twat

Luke
03-04-2009, 09:38 PM
i think alex reid might have been funnier if he won, but when you act like that and then lose, you just look like a twat

The fact he was still the same, win lose or draw generated more respect from me. Look forward to seeing him fight again.

CraigA
03-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Great review of the first episode

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8856/

SDonovan
03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
81 posts and not 1 mention of Jeff Lawson? I thought he looked awesome. very composed.

The Natural
04-04-2009, 12:51 AM
maybe im a slow ass..

please someone hook me up!!!??

londonpride
04-04-2009, 08:19 AM
you can view it on just about any mma video website now. search it on google.

is this anyone on here?.........

I watched the TUF trials and this guy will not go far. * He had very little experience and his skills were poor.* The D*"k that he fought was to busy polishing his* own ego during the fight that he was an easy apponent. * Give him his dues for getting through and i wish him* success but given the standard of the rest apart from* the lanky streak who was thrown in with a useless* Ginger, he will not get through.

What was Reid on* during this trial. That guy has not got a clue, the* fact is that he has the looks like a stuntmans elbow* and the MMA skills of Shopping mall toilet cleaner. * Have you seen the shorts this guy wears in Cage-rage,* waht a wannabe Ken Shamrock.

a typical 'i watch the ufc so i have an informed opinion' :rolleyes:

Luke
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
81 posts and not 1 mention of Jeff Lawson? I thought he looked awesome. very composed.

I mentioned about Lawson. Looked good, lookin forward to seeing him and winner particularly.

IranianWarMachine
04-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Well he's got enough skill to put Tommy away. Christ though, what's his record? I checked and he's got none!

Tommy was mauling him, but was attempting high risk manovers and had no gast tank. Had his cardio been good and was more relaxed(tough in that situation) he would have taken it easily.

LewisJ
04-04-2009, 05:44 PM

Nick's 3-0 in pro mma, with a few semi pro wins as well

Lol at iranianwarmachine... No skills!!

Big well done to everyone that made the show especially Nick, Dre and Dean, just a pitty that John Blockhead or whatever his name is wasn't given the chance he deserved!

David Butlin
04-04-2009, 06:20 PM
You can totally see why he wears a hat for the interviews!!

Do you have a modelling job??? Some people obviously find them attractive!!

D

Reidernater
04-04-2009, 06:32 PM
You'll notice that all the fights were heavily edited. Love to see my fight in full, i dont even throw a single strike in edited version. On the day of my fight 'Alex Reid' didnt turn up. Deep inside i was a bit worried, due to my weight cut and cramping. No disrespect to Dean, the better man won on the day. I had that triangle tight aswell, legs just spasmed out of control, damm!

Oh well, onwards and upwards, next time hey,and back to middleweight for me!
Jack Mason 9th may Ultimate Challenge
Manual Garcia 30th may Extreme Brawl Marbella European title 5x5 mins

alwaystapping
04-04-2009, 06:57 PM
You'll notice that all the fights were heavily edited. Love to see my fight in full, i dont even throw a single strike in edited version. On the day of my fight 'Alex Reid' didnt turn up. Deep inside i was a bit worried, due to my weight cut and cramping. No disrespect to Dean, the better man won on the day. I had that triangle tight aswell, legs just spasmed out of control, damm!

You seemed quite entertaining, shame you didn't make it. Looked a bit like a used car/mobile phone salesman rather than a fighter in the prefight though, thought Dean was going to maul you but you obviously held your own.

iandean
04-04-2009, 06:58 PM

How gutting is it for you, knowing the "Real" Alex Reid didn't turn up in such a big fight. Do you see that fight as your last chance to break the big time, having gone 2-7-1 in your last 10 bouts, with 5 straight losses? Whilst there are guys in the WW (And MW) division with much better records also in competition for a shot at the big show.

Also do you regret the showmanship during your fight now as it looked as if you threw the fight away with your showboating tactics.

The Natural
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
great first episode..

everyone did great..

pearson and winner looked like proper animals!!

mickclark
04-04-2009, 07:41 PM
very enjoyable episode.

think we have a real shot at winning this after seeing a couple of our boys fight.

Waterboy
05-04-2009, 01:44 AM

Hope you turn things round - I've genuinely enjoyed watching your fights over the years. Taking into account what you say about the fights being edited - it still looked to me like you were a bit too happy to stay on your back, something which I've thought before about some of your fights. As a guy famed for his striking, I've always thought that a bit strange??

Reidernater
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Strange indeed, because yes, I am striker! I dont see this as my last opportunity at the big time though, as when Im in the gym Im smashing up everyone, and since TUF, Ive redoubled my efforts to make sure this carries over to my fights. I can go on to say all the different factors, (stress on body and mind of weight cut, fight inactivity, due to surgery, injuries, overtraining, etc) but all fighters have to go through these same hardships. I take the mindset that I am still learning my trade, and having a strong spirit to succeed, it is only a matter of time before I get there, and I am already as Im learning!

With regards to show boating, I dont regret it, I was editted unfavourably, but it saved me when I was in no fit state to fight on the day, due to cramping and being dehydrated. I used my experiance to make up for a lack of gas in the tank. Its a damm shame Alex Reid didnt turn up though.

LewisJ
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Reidernater,

Had you not practised your weight cut and recovery? If you had an appropriate recovery plan then you shouldn't have been dehydrated. For example, we were doing practise cuts and recovery in the week between Christmas and new year to prepare.

If you had trouble making the weight with 2 weeks full notice then do you not think you really would have struggled in the house with only 24 hours if picked by the US team to fight?

All the best for your future fights.

Luke
05-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi Reidernater,

Had you not practised your weight cut and recovery? If you had an appropriate recovery plan then you shouldn't have been dehydrated. For example, we were doing practise cuts and recovery in the week between Christmas and new year to prepare.

If you had trouble making the weight with 2 weeks full notice then do you not think you really would have struggled in the house with only 24 hours if picked by the US team to fight?

All the best for your future fights.

Bear in mind he normally fights middleweight so to drop to welter and till fight as he fought is quite a feat. Shows a lot more balls compared to the clip I saw of the yanks anyway.

David Butlin
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
After getting down to a closer weight im sure Alex would have found it easier once in the house. I dont think any of the fighters had that much notice. Ive not seen the show yet but respect to you Alex for stepping up to represent your country whatever the result. Good luck with your future fights. Ive seen your previous ones and enjoyed some wars.

D

Reidernater
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Did practise once, when I had the interveiw in Vegas, but I didnt pressure test my new weight. stupid, I know? I was actually putting weight on for the show until they told me they wern't doing middle weights. So I was cutting weight from 205lbs,93kg to 170lbs,77.5kg. I love a challenge, and had fun doing it, just left me too weak, and not used to my new light weight.
Onwards and upwards!

IranianWarMachine
05-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Nick's 3-0 in pro mma, with a few semi pro wins as well

Lol at iranianwarmachine... No skills!!

Big well done to everyone that made the show especially Nick, Dre and Dean, just a pitty that John Blockhead or whatever his name is wasn't given the chance he deserved!

Well we'll see what he's got when he fights someone with a gas tank, any of the other winners on the british team would have buried him.

Nimmy
06-04-2009, 08:51 AM
hmmm.....kind of agree with what Dana/Bisping said tho.....he did seem to lack a wee bit power. Can't take away from that nice knee tho!!

i didnt like his comment about gingers tho. wanted him to win vs maguire until that comment then wished the matchups were different

some quality fighters in there and alot of surprises.

Smiler
06-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Keep your eyes on that Awsome Lawson...my mate Jeff's been under the radar for too long...

Smiler

Smiler
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
In respect to Reidy the cut really got to him. He was very strong in training running up to the fight, but changed his diet too close to the fight - he knows he made a mistake!

He's putting these mistakes right at the moment, and is training pretty damn hard too. He's back up to his usual size and all his strength and endurance is right back with him.

Mind you, Alex may have suffered badly, but looking at the clips of the yanks, hey, they really need to sort out their cutting! Collapsing all over the place! The dispair on Dana's face said it all...

Smiler

Predator
06-04-2009, 09:23 AM
I think everyone has been aware of Jeffs world class Jits and Judo for years. But unfortunatly IMO the rest of his MMA game isnt as good as the other lads

Daihlo
06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Lawson will make good, looking forward to seeing him take some of the americans down and submitting them!

Reid, youve got pm mate.

Juggernaut
06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Quality first episode, really looking forward to next week's already!

LOL @ all the subtitles for scousers :rolleyes:

Pearson and Winner early contenders to go all the way, they looked bang up for it. I think the squad going over looks strong - bring on the yanks!!!

Valour5
06-04-2009, 12:37 PM
How gutting is it for you, knowing the "Real" Alex Reid didn't turn up in such a big fight. Do you see that fight as your last chance to break the big time, having gone 2-7-1 in your last 10 bouts, with 5 straight losses? Whilst there are guys in the WW (And MW) division with much better records also in competition for a shot at the big show.

Also do you regret the showmanship during your fight now as it looked as if you threw the fight away with your showboating tactics.

Ouch :D ....

darthcrab
06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
the real Alex hasnt turned up for a long time, not just that fight..
have you changed camps or something? or you looking at it, something needs to be done

Levo
06-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Ouch :D ....

Lol, that was going to be my exact comment too. Harsh but I can see where he's coming from though, Alex hasn't won a fight in 4 years according to MMAuniverse.

Congrats again to Dre, Dean and Nick. Ross looked very good too. Strong UK team and a great episode (basically one of the best UK MMA cards we've seen!).

Nathan

iandean
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The point was this.

Alex has been stuck by some bad luck (eye pokes, shin injury at CR) and he has mentioned before about judging decisions that didn't go his way. Also he wasnt allowed to enter TUF 8 (i think) by Pro Elite/Cage Rage.

And i guess TUF 9 was his big chance because it's surely unlikely he will get another shot cos of his bad run of form in his last 10 fights. Personally i would be totally gutted and i can't see how he can be so upbeat about it, as his next fight is at the Troxy and not Las Vegas.

But credit to him for having such an upbeat attitude

Ben_Hutch
06-04-2009, 02:23 PM
"ALRIGHT! REIDERNATOR TIME!"

LOL Alex you complete legend, unlucky with the fight, hopefully things will start to look up for you now though!

mark.aldridge76
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
ross pearson looked great..well done mate

Sinister.
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I think everyone has been aware of Jeffs world class Jits and Judo for years. But unfortunatly IMO the rest of his MMA game isnt as good as the other lads

What he does well he does very well. He is a quick learner and a naturally talented fighter. Weeks Under bisping and other coaches I think his standup will be much improved.

Waterboy
06-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Major congrats to Dave Faulkner on getting over this first hurdle. As Bisping said on the show, Dave's got skills in spades and could beat anyone with his head in the right place.

As Dave is also as mad as a box of frogs, and is basically a frustrated WWE superstar, I'd expect to see some good footage of him in the house as well. :D

londonpride
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Anyone got some information on the uk coaches bisping will be taking with him?
What are they like? Specialise in?

Duchman
06-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Some cunt spoiled me :(

MMAlien
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Anyone got some information on the uk coaches bisping will be taking with him?
What are they like? Specialise in?

Dave Jackson Muay Thai and Mario Sukata BJJ.

Waterboy
06-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Some cunt spoiled me :(

You asked for it, you slaaaaag.

coventrywarrior
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
good to see so many Warrior Promotions fighters get through :) i did not even know they had applied .

SDonovan
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
What he does well he does very well. He is a quick learner and a naturally talented fighter. Weeks Under bisping and other coaches I think his standup will be much improved.

Agreed!!!!!!!

bigleeroy1
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Dave Jackson Muay Thai and Mario Sukata BJJ.

the resident wolfslair coaches... that you can train with at the brand new wolfslair training facility day in day out for around 6 pounds... bargain and you dont even need to go to vegas!!!

shamless plug over :D

iandean
06-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Plus you get to oil down Lee"Roy" Barnes

Lou
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
That all sounds a bit "Leeroy Barnes" to me Ian :D

Baz
06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
went over the line from Rampage (comedy) to Junie (bellend)

Out of interest, does anyone actually know the finalists yet?

LMFAO

Yes I'm sure a few guys know.
I wish I didn't, absolutely hate knowing the outcome to fights:rolleyes:

P.S. UK team looked brilliant.

Jimmy Boogaloo
06-04-2009, 10:13 PM
that first episode was bloody brilliant - looking forward to the next one!

woo
06-04-2009, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=Jimmy Boogaloo;335266]that first episode was bloody brilliant - looking forward to the next one![/QUOTE

Ditto!

Dr Faulkner!
07-04-2009, 10:44 AM
The FINALISTS ARE...oh wait...I can't say that!? All I can say is that there are 2 WW's and 2 LW's in the FINAL!!

Did anybody see that awesome Suplex off the diving board...WOW!

karstenbigk
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Major congrats to Dave Faulkner on getting over this first hurdle. As Bisping said on the show, Dave's got skills in spades and could beat anyone with his head in the right place.

As Dave is also as mad as a box of frogs, and is basically a frustrated WWE superstar, I'd expect to see some good footage of him in the house as well. :D

agreed!! lol

i hope he takes an array of his self made t-shirts.. like
"My Girlfriend cant Wrestle.. but you should see her BOX"

londonpride
08-04-2009, 03:17 AM
anyone wanting to watch the streaming of episode 2 as it airs on spiketv, download TVU player, (takes 2 mins), and you can watch spiketv on there.
it's on at 6am GMT tommorow morning (i think, if my time differences are worked out correctly), for anyone who wants to watch it if they're up that early.

Leigh
08-04-2009, 12:08 PM

I thought this was incredibly disrespectful. The questions could have been asked without loading the post

iandean
08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I thought this was incredibly disrespectful. The questions could have been asked without loading the post

Maybe but it's also sadly a fact

I like Alex and i think he has been treated badly in the past by Dave Rage. But he has said before that some of the decision losses he had in the past were bad because he was more active in the fight and wasn't relying on lay and prey to win. I believe he lost the chance to be on TUF 8 (might of been 7) because of Dave Rage/Pro Elite.

And it is pretty clear to most people that Alex is gonna struggle to get another shot at the big show, as he has only won 2 of his last 10 bouts. And there are dozens of guys with better records then Reid has. Plus i don't think the showboating was a good idea and it has got a negative reaction from fans and other people in the sport.

If that was me and i blew my big shot because i "didn't turn up" it would eat me away every single day and would kill me inside. When you fought Sudo you went out there and gave it your all with no regrets.

Hopefully Alex can gets some wins and put himself back into contention, but i think it's unlikely and to say "the real Alex Reid didn't show up" must be a gutting experience.

Maybe i should of just said "well done Alex, 1 more win and you'll get there instead". As the UK MMA scene is a totally delusional place and everyone seems to think they are ready for the UFC anyway :/

Leigh
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
And it is pretty clear to most people that Alex is gonna struggle to get another shot at the big show, as he has only won 2 of his last 10 bouts. And there are dozens of guys with better records then Reid has. Plus i don't think the showboating was a good idea and it has got a negative reaction from fans and other people in the sport.

Not at all. If he had won the fight, he would have gone in the house and had some fights and possibly on to compete in the UFC. If he suddenly goes on a tear and wins a load of fights outside the UFC, he could still earn a shot

If that was me and i blew my big shot because i "didn't turn up" it would eat me away every single day and would kill me inside.

What would you know about it? You've never got in there and never will. That may be harsh but sadly its the truth

Maybe i should of just said "well done Alex, 1 more win and you'll get there instead".

No, of course not. He fucked up but there are better ways to phrase things

How about this re-phrasing of your post:-

"Are you gutted that the "real Alex" didn't show up?

You've had some recent setbacks in your career - what are your plans for the furture? Your division is very competitive - do you see that as an issue?

It looked as if you threw the fight away with your showboating tactics. Is that a decision you regret?"

Covers the same questions you were asking but without ripping in to him with your rhetorical questions (if his record was so important, how did he get the shot in the first place?).

Anyway, I personally don't think his showmanship lost him the fight (although it was annoying/funny). I think it was down to the issue that has been posted before - he can't defend the takedown and seems unwilling to address the issue, despite having a fantastic camp to train with. I think 170 is a good move for him though and he should probably take a year off to focus on wrestling/judo and submission competitions

math2tor
09-04-2009, 04:23 AM
http://topmmanews.com/2009/04/08/a-canadian-view-on-tuf-9-uk-vs-usa-episode-2-recap/

math2tor
09-04-2009, 04:25 AM
12 US Fighters fight to get into the house in episode 2.

http://topmmanews.com/2009/04/08/a-canadian-view-on-tuf-9-uk-vs-usa-episode-2-recap/

londonpride
09-04-2009, 06:10 AM
keep it to the official TUF 9 thread (sticky section):rolleyes:

londonpride
09-04-2009, 06:11 AM
watching it on spike now.

best first 10 minutes ever, the yanks = fucking joke.

londonpride
09-04-2009, 06:24 AM
that first fight was a strange one. (below may contain spoilers)....

the 2 were training mates and the first round the lad in black shorts didnt seem to want to hurt his mate, instead he ate up punches. he came out in the 2nd and looked much better, maybe even more talented than miller judging by his punches/kicks/take down/attempted sub.

mark miller threw heavy hands and looked dangerous, didn't do anything else though, just threw bombs, no leg kicks/take downs etc. may be a bit one dimensional.

londonpride
09-04-2009, 06:40 AM
yanks dont half like their adverts, a set every 5 minutes - and mainly fast food ;)

3 medium pizzas for $5 !!! no wonder they're fat cunts, lol

its been another great episode, some amazing fights, blokes getting completely and utterly fucked up and dominated then somehow stealing the fight, is that good news for us? id guess it is.

Rob browning called up to replace one of those who didnt make weight, seems he may make it into the house as i think there's a clip of him at the end in the house causing trouble (get ready for another cunt browning brother).

Reidernater
09-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks Leigh, for your very contructive points, all taken on board. And it aint over for me, untill the fat lady sings, and she aint singing yet!
Wrestling wrestling wrestling wrestlin wrestling wrestling wrestling wrestling!

Reidernater
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
And not practising 1st weight cut to 170 on fight day!

Leigh
09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
No worries, not everyone appreciates what we go through and Kainer's post wasn't constructive, it was just critical

I hope he hasn't taken my post too hard. Who would have thought that overly critical posts would drive away prominent members of UK MMA?

Chris Barton
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Anybody no where I can get a stream or a download of the new episode? Not been uploaded on mma tracker yet which is weird as they usually upload it by now

simpy
09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Anybody no where I can get a stream or a download of the new episode? Not been uploaded on mma tracker yet which is weird as they usually upload it by now
I am having the same problem i normally download a torrent but it dosnt seem to be uploaded anywhere yet, last week it was on pirate bay by 9 am.

Daihlo
09-04-2009, 02:42 PM
few minutes advert for episode 3. Looks like its gonna kick off already....

http://www.cagefilm.com/video/1374/TUF-9-episode-3-leak

math2tor
09-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Terrible to have the UFC announce that you have Herpes on national TV.

steve_langford
09-04-2009, 02:58 PM
cant wait for EP3!

simpy
09-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Found a fast torrent download here of Episode 2. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4835215/The.Ultimate.Fighter.S09E02.HDTV.XviD-aAF

Please dont hold me responsible for this file as i have not uploaded it but it has worked fine for me. If you are not sure about torrents then have a look here http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/guides/beginners-guide

Duchman
09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
that was just the worst episode ever.....
thanks to ufc for also spoiling the next fights...

Jamiex2008
09-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Found a fast torrent download here of Episode 2. http://www.mybittorrent.com/details/88a9f60daf515cc664b0dfae35ae43a5fb6674e5/

Please dont hold me responsible for this file as i have not uploaded it but it has worked fine for me. If you are not sure about torrents then have a look here http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/guides/beginners-guide

im using uTorrent and its going really slow ETA 3days. how long was your total download time? i have 12meg broadband

simpy
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
im using uTorrent and its going really slow ETA 3days. how long was your total download time? i have 12meg broadband

Total download time on that one was 20 mins. 400kb ps

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4835215/The.Ultimate.Fighter.S09E02.HDTV.XviD-aAF

Benws
09-04-2009, 06:03 PM
that was just the worst episode ever.....
thanks to ufc for also spoiling the next fights...

What do you mean?

I initially assumed Junies brother won his fight because of the preview footage, but the two US replacement fighters start off inside the house. So just because we saw junies brother in the house doesn't mean he actually won his fight.

alwaystapping
09-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone going to the finale in Vegas? It would be good if someone with contacts organised a group thing like the Germany trip for Dan Hardy, even if it's just sorting some decent tickets at a good price with UFC.

karstenbigk
09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Great episode..... for us anyway!! ;)

i think a couple of the USA team have some skills but i think the skills the UK team have are better!! looking forward to the rest of the season...

Duchman
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
What do you mean?

I initially assumed Junies brother won his fight because of the preview footage, but the two US replacement fighters start off inside the house. So just because we saw junies brother in the house doesn't mean he actually won his fight.

I hope so. everyone seemed a bit scared of him. i can understand why. Junies talent with hard work. Bj penn move over.

mickclark
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM
after watching the 2nd episode there is nothing i see that is particularly worrying for our guys.

WAR UK!!!!!!!!!

Luke
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
after watching the 2nd episode there is nothing i see that is particularly worrying for our guys.

WAR UK!!!!!!!!!

Indeed. 2 of the guys pulled out, 2 of them got in after getting getting batered and coming back... although the ginger guy (whitman?) looks good.

dunny
09-04-2009, 11:32 PM
i just couldnt understand how ray elbe is touted as this incredible thai boxer, and he was about as flat footed as a baby elephant. im glad he got smashed. the fella who beat him looked like he might be a handful, as did the ginge, but i dont think any look that promising

MMAlien
09-04-2009, 11:41 PM
i just couldnt understand how ray elbe is touted as this incredible thai boxer, and he was about as flat footed as a baby elephant. im glad he got smashed. the fella who beat him looked like he might be a handful, as did the ginge, but i dont think any look that promising

Im dissapointed with elbe too, he added me to myspace years ago ad built up an a pretty large online fan bass. his thai boxing didnt seam that great and his commitment to the shoot was terrible. but the guy who beat him did loo impressive..........and tbh he was the only uy that impressed me from the USA.

londonpride
10-04-2009, 05:54 AM
why bother downloading the episode and waiting for ages for it to download?

there's two websites i used that upload each episode within 12-15 hours of it being aired and you can watch it in high quality streaming on there.
pm me

londonpride
10-04-2009, 05:58 AM
anyone else get chills seeing those clips of the brit guys there with bisping mixing it with the yanks.
we're going to run the show! inside the house and the octagon!

londonpride
10-04-2009, 06:03 AM
that link to the episode 3 leak doesnt work.
ive found another one on the same website which streams the episodes, last time i posted link it got removed so not risking posting it again.
seems the browning brother is just as big a wanker as his brother. the parents did a real good job with these 2 wankers.

didnt a few of the seasons of TUF allow eliminated fighters to remain in the house. be good if that happened this time and an eliminated UK fighter tears the fuck out of browning, possibly throwing him over the balcony, lol.

Viper
10-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Pretty good show so far, shame the Yanks dont seem to have the same hunger in the tryouts as the Brits did. Sure the rest of the season will only get better. Congrats to Ross Pearson he looked pumped and ready to kill, will be good to watch him progress thro the show to the finals (hopefully) shame about Alex, the edit didnt do much for him but he made the tryouts and judging by his comments has learned from his mistakes, Im sure he will come out in his next two fights with a more focused determination.

Makes my trips to the Yank bar on camp out here a little more interesting, laughing at their team knowing the Brits are out to kill them :) WAR UK

turk
10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Marks out of 10 for Alex Reids Rick Flair Impressions ?

Viper
10-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Marks out of 10 for Alex Reids Rick Flair Impressions ?

5 for effort, the flair swagger and three step face first dive weren't illustrated :)

Stu
10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Are people just showing their support for the British guys, or is everybody really not that impressed by the US? Sure they had a bumpy start, but i thought they looked pretty decent in their respective fights?

JJSFC
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I see the Sherdog retards are already saying that the UFC have deliberately weakened the USA team. :|

Does any one find it a bit odd that Hendo had the chance to scout and assess the UK team and its fighters whilst Bisping was no where to be seen for the US eliminators?

A bit unfair for match-ups?

Stu
10-04-2009, 03:26 PM
And the US had ring girls too, talk about unfair!

Andy K
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
great serise so far
well done to Stapes from team Quannum looked v impresive
cant wait to watch rest of the season, will be quality to see the UK guys kicking yank ass in the cage and the antics in the house should be fun too, subtitle use is also hillarious

Benws
10-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I see the Sherdog retards are already saying that the UFC have deliberately weakened the USA team. :|

Does any one find it a bit odd that Hendo had the chance to scout and assess the UK team and its fighters whilst Bisping was no where to be seen for the US eliminators?

A bit unfair for match-ups?

I think they matched the two teams pretty evenly skill wise. The US team is a lot weaker then it could be. I don't think there are any high level wrestlers in the US team.

I initially thought the US team would sail through the brits but i think this season should be competitive, i would not be surprised it a British guy won it.

IranianWarMachine
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
us team looks weak lack of strong wrestlers they've had in the past, uk is gonna win this.

londonpride
12-04-2009, 04:45 AM
dont forget the yanks have just had a lightweight season, so some of the lads on this series may be those who couldn't make it onto season 8.

Rocket man
12-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Looks like the british team are stronger than the americans, think the british in general lacked wrestling in the past but this is not the case now.
Bisping is an inspiration and has a killer work ethic.

It appears Alex uses showboating to charge himself up for the fight, my personal opinion is i hate it.. but characters make the sport interesting. The fact is Alex loves fighting and has the dedication and balls to get in, and a positive outlook which will make him come back stronger next time, regardless of his record.

stapesmk1
12-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Love him or hate him Alex Reid is always good entertainment. Some of his earlier fights have showcased what he's capable of when he's "on". He's had a bad run of luck and maybe things both in and out of his control have worked against him, but fair play to him, pretty boy or not, he's a tough motherfucker with skills. Would've liked to have seen more of the fight cos apparently he was knocking out sub attempts for fun, despite gassing and being under par and dehydrated. He's had the brains and the guts to identify where he needs to be in future and I dont think its the last we'll see of him. The showboating got on my tits in this episode, but would've loved to have seen him wind up the yanks!!! Got to stand out from the crowd sometimes.

Well done to all the lads, everyone of you has earned it. Out of 8 fights I think 7 of them were superb! Dre, Ross, Stapes, Jeff, Dave and James looked quality!!!

The US team have got some serious fucking problems.

Stapes

brawler4life
12-04-2009, 10:03 PM
welcome back stapes!!!

TheUnfitOne
12-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Alex Reid is a real nice guy, a larger than life character and a great fighter (awesome on his day), but he's no longer a pretty boy

Sorry Alex

:)

Luke
12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
dont forget the yanks have just had a lightweight season, so some of the lads on this series may be those who couldn't make it onto season 8.

ie: bottom of the barrel vs Best of UK.

foxy
13-04-2009, 12:57 AM
just watched the fight with santino where he was getig twatted in round 1 and then landed the killer knee at the start of the second round and finished him with the rnc.
i cant believe the fight went to the second round to be honest surely the ref should of stopped it, that santino fella took over 80 shots un answered yes EIGHTY SHOTS. Fair play to him for coming back but should he have been given the chance given his lack of activity?

Gareth
13-04-2009, 12:58 AM
just watched the fight with santino where he was getig twatted in round 1 and then landed the killer knee at the start of the second round and finished him with the rnc.
i cant believe the fight went to the second round to be honest surely the ref should of stopped it, that santino fella took over 80 shots un answered yes EIGHTY SHOTS. Fair play to him for coming back but should he have been given the chance given his lack of activity?

Was saying the exact same thing to my mate, since when is just covering up and not even attempting to improve position a valid defence? Yamasaki should've stopped it.

MMAlien
13-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Was saying the exact same thing to my mate, since when is just covering up and not even attempting to improve position a valid defence? Yamasaki should've stopped it.

yeah, there was no communication between the ref and the fighers e.g "defend your self or ill stop the fight" if Mark or Leon were in there the fight would of been stopped! i bet the guy who lost that fight is kicking himself for not "pulling the trigger"

Juggernaut
13-04-2009, 10:28 AM

Curling up into the foetal position and having a nap is perfectly valid :rolleyes:

Poor editing to bring Rob Browning in and then show him in the highlights for next week being in the house. So now we have to put up with watching another idiot from that family on the show.

Right now the yanks have maybe two I'd say were serious contenders for the final, the rest looked like the UFC picked up a load of tramps in a supermarket car park. UK lads are going to steamroller their way through this.

JJSFC
13-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Yamasaki wouldn't make a mistake that bad, it was Mazzagatti.

Jogs D
13-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I thought the yanks were shit - they weren't hungry and didn't give a fuck....

Our lads on the other hand were well up for it, hungry, very well prepared, all made weight and went out to fight balls out....

I think the yanks are underestimating our lads - I remember at the end Dana telling the yanks that the Brits are going to smash them if they don't take things seriously - they didn't seem to care - and that yank with the mohican just laughed at that - even when Dana re-iterated the point and said to Dan Henderson "tell these guys - you were there".....

DetoxGuru.com
13-04-2009, 06:32 PM
sorry if this has asked and answered but when is this on shitanta?

mickclark
13-04-2009, 07:33 PM
sorry if this has asked and answered but when is this on shitanta?

Its premičred the Sunday after its shown in America on Virgin 1 and then repeated the following Saturday on Setanta 1.

20glen78
13-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Agree JOGS D think they were crap think we will be a hand full and surre they aint got a load to worry about after watching them on the second showing

londonpride
14-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Curling up into the foetal position and having a nap is perfectly valid :rolleyes:

Poor editing to bring Rob Browning in and then show him in the highlights for next week being in the house. So now we have to put up with watching another idiot from that family on the show.

Right now the yanks have maybe two I'd say were serious contenders for the final, the rest looked like the UFC picked up a load of tramps in a supermarket car park. UK lads are going to steamroller their way through this.

he is only in the house for a day or so whilst they prepare his qualification fight, then he fights to see if he stays there perminently. in the house for 1 day and already causing trouble, what a family of wrong'uns.
no doubt dana will rig the fight in some way to allow another browning ratings grabber in the house, just as he licked junies are time after time.

ive mixed feelings whether i want to see him win, it will make interesting viewing him in the house and will be fun to see how the english lads deal with it - personally cant see english lads putting up with the shit the yanks put up with. then again i dont want to see him on the show because he and his family are all cunts and i wish they'd fuck off and die in very painful fashion.

londonpride
14-04-2009, 07:55 AM
people have gone from thinking the brits will just be making up numbers to now overconfidence. i hope we do very well, but i dont want to get carried away, it'll be a nightmare if a brit doesn't win it or at least get to the final.
be great if the final 4 are all brits :)

nrallen
14-04-2009, 08:15 PM
jason dent is rob browning's opponent. i'm pretty sure jason dent is a ufc veteran, although i could be wrong. i've watched him fight in the past, he's very good and will probably beat the showboating rob browning.

nrallen
14-04-2009, 08:21 PM
i just read the blog on fighters only, seems to suggest rob browning sticks around for the series. therefore, he probably does beat jason dent.

Gareth
14-04-2009, 09:44 PM
i just read the blog on fighters only, seems to suggest rob browning sticks around for the series. therefore, he probably does beat jason dent.

The losers have always stuck around on previous series though to help their teams train.

Luke
14-04-2009, 10:43 PM
The losers have always stuck around on previous series though to help their teams train.

No, he has to fight to stay in the house. I'm presuming he's staying over for at least one night, then when Dent kicks his pie in browning will be on his way home.

londonpride
15-04-2009, 06:31 AM

not always, depends on the series. the first 4 seasons losers went home.
think season 5-6 they might have stuck around, but the last few seasons i think they went home - probably after season 5 saw that big street fight between two already defeated fighters, having already lost they just get drunk and fuck about, which is disruptive to those who still have to fight.

londonpride
15-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Bispings blog, week 2:

As you probably noticed I wasnt around for the first six eliminators for Team USA as I was stuck in London.

Basically, there were a few hiccups with my visa - which needed to be renewed and - a long story short, I was sitting in the UFC’s London office waiting for that to be sorted out when the Team USA eliminators were taking place. I was on the phone to the American Embassy all morning but, eventually, I got the word it was sorted and I headed to Heathrow, having missed a couple of days of filming.

It was frustrating missing the first few days, especially as I wanted to get to Vegas as soon as possible so I could start getting my body-clock adjusted to the time zone. I knew from experience that it takes a good five days or so to get your sleep patterns adjusted and I was anxious to really hit the ground running with my team and start hard training as soon as I got off the plane.

I planned to be, and I was, a very hands-on coach. I didn’t want to be a coach who shouts from the sidelines; I knew the best way to give these guys the benefit of my experience was to actually get in there and do it with them. Although I flew to Vegas north of my 185-pound middleweight limit, I was in decent shape and I was ready to do every single session with my team.

I planned on running with them, sparring with them and rolling with them. And, as you probably saw in the teaser footage towards the end of the episode, I partied with them a little bit, too, towards the end of the series, although that wasn’t exactly planned.

But, yeah, I was frustrated to miss the US eliminators. I wanted to see what my guys were up against. Although the guys from the production team allowed me to watch tapes of the fights when I finally arrived, it wasn’t the same. You see things sitting at ringside the camera doesn’t pick up, little characteristics which give you an insight into the confidence levels of a fighter and obviously I missed all that while Dan Henderson had already seen my team up close.

Watching the USA team on tape, there were a couple of good performances, but on the whole I felt my guys were much hungrier, came into this in better shape, and came to win a contract with the UFC, whereas from what I saw, some of the Americans came to be TV stars. Fighting in the TUF gym can be nerve-wracking, as it is a weird environment and the pressure is on, but even so I felt my guys handled the eliminators better.

The other impression I got from watching the tape of the US eliminators was that Team UK were the team to beat. I had total confidence that I had a better team of fighters, both individually as well as collectively.

And I planned on giving my team another advantage by working them very hard, there was no way one of my guys would lose a fight because his cardio let him down. I was the coach, so if their cardio let them down it was actually me letting them down and I wasn’t going to let that happen.

I’ve always trained very hard, ever since I got a wake-up call in a fight. Once I accepted a kickboxing fight on the UK scene on two weeks’ notice. It was a 10 rounder, and I won the first six rounds but then I gassed and lost the next four. I won the fight but I promised never to disrespect myself or my career by going into any fight without being in top condition.

Before I got to TUF 3 I was known for having great cardio, but going on the show taught me that there were whole other levels of professionalism and hard work. And that’s exactly what I planned on showing the eight guys on my team.

Jumping to the present day, I met up with some of the guys from Team UK the other night in Birmingham, England ahead of a big media day. It was great to see them all again, and right away it was just like being back in Vegas together. They are all top guys, we are all mates, and I am really proud of them. These guys and myself really are a team, and a couple of them are going to come to my gym to help me train for Henderson.

Tommo
15-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Ahhhh that explains it to me, I thought it was a bit unfair that Mike wasnt there to sit in and watch the US eliminators!

Duchman
15-04-2009, 10:32 AM
No, he has to fight to stay in the house. I'm presuming he's staying over for at least one night, then when Dent kicks his pie in browning will be on his way home.

LOL........ Dent gets knocked the fuck out by browning.. seriously browning puts his hands behind his back ala roy jones and knocks him out.
(spoilers where legal on here ;) :)

JJSFC
15-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Its premičred the Sunday after its shown in America on Virgin 1 and then repeated the following Saturday on Setanta 1.

Wrong. It premieres on Virgin 1 on Sunday, but it's then repeated every Wednesday on Setanta - ie tonight.

not always, depends on the series. the first 4 seasons losers went home.
think season 5-6 they might have stuck around, but the last few seasons i think they went home - probably after season 5 saw that big street fight between two already defeated fighters, having already lost they just get drunk and fuck about, which is disruptive to those who still have to fight.

Also wrong - ever since mid-season 3 the defeated fighters have ALWAYS stayed in the house unless kicked out.

nrallen
15-04-2009, 09:54 PM
having seen some of rob browning's fights on youtube that wouldn't surprise me. although he seems small for the weight. the blog suggests he sticks around and normally the losers would go home. therefore, putting it together suggests he wins. if he does then i won't be reading anymore blogs so as not to spoil the show!

londonpride
16-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Wrong. It premieres on Virgin 1 on Sunday, but it's then repeated every Wednesday on Setanta - ie tonight.

Also wrong - ever since mid-season 3 the defeated fighters have ALWAYS stayed in the house unless kicked out.

erm, actually, they didnt remain in the house after losing, the eliminated fighters all came back together at the semi final stage to help the remaining fighters train.
the only fighters who never left the house after losing were the semi finalists, but that was only for 1-2 days before the end of season.

im pretty sure junie and co left the house after getting beaten in season 8.

Jza
16-04-2009, 05:06 AM
ep 3 was good looking fwd to watching the brits fight the americans now :)

londonpride
16-04-2009, 06:42 AM
that first fight was a crazy end, very fucking lucky his arm didnt get snapped, took the ref ages to see he was unconscious and unable to tap.

Leesin
16-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Anyone got a link to Episode 3, google is playing up for me and webpages arent loading when I use the search, cant sit here typing all these addresses in only to get 'clips' i.e previews of Episode 3. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out.

Romey@Phoenix
16-04-2009, 07:33 AM
was there an episode this week? not on 'mma video links'

londonpride
16-04-2009, 07:33 AM
pm sent leesin

one thing about this season, i think it's bullshit the way dana has chosen for the fights to be selected. for every match a coin is flipped, whoever wins the flip gets to choose the matchup. i think thats bullshit, the yanks have won the first flip, they could very well win the next 6 coin tosses, what a fucking disadvantage.
it was much better - and fairer, for the winners of each fight to remain in control of matchup choices.

londonpride
16-04-2009, 07:34 AM
was there an episode this week? not on 'mma video links'

yes, lol.

it was only aired on spike 3 hours ago, give it time for an upload.

buddha Boy J
16-04-2009, 10:48 AM
pm sent leesin

one thing about this season, i think it's bullshit the way dana has chosen for the fights to be selected. for every match a coin is flipped, whoever wins the flip gets to choose the matchup. i think thats bullshit, the yanks have won the first flip, they could very well win the next 6 coin tosses, what a fucking disadvantage.
it was much better - and fairer, for the winners of each fight to remain in control of matchup choices.

I dnt think theres much to worrie about!!!
Then maybe coz I know more about the strengths of the brits and not of the US team. But i Dnt think they are as good.

Juni browning JNR is a dick....but that wont effect the rest of the series
;-)....Oh could that be a spoiler!

Shaun.R.
16-04-2009, 01:36 PM
pm sent leesin

i think he said the fights will flip back and forth not they will flip a coin each time. so we get the next pick

londonpride
16-04-2009, 01:52 PM
i think he said the fights will flip back and forth not they will flip a coin each time. so we get the next pick

Oops, my mistake i must have misheard him then. That makes much more sense, well done Dana;)

DavidDavidson
16-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Can someone PM me a DL link for Ep 3 please? :)

Piratebay, demonoid, btjunkie have failed me.

MMAlien
16-04-2009, 02:34 PM
can someone PM me a link to the stream of the third episode please!

MMAlien
16-04-2009, 03:19 PM
No worrys found it myself, awesome episode.........rob browning was a cunt, glad he got beat, stapes should of slapped him!

Leesin
16-04-2009, 03:37 PM
No he shouldn't have, he would have got kicked out of the house if he did and Rob Browning definately isn't worth getting kicked out for.

MMAlien
16-04-2009, 03:50 PM
No he shouldn't have, he would have got kicked out of the house if he did and Rob Browning definately isn't worth getting kicked out for.

is that what would of happene yeah? im not too up on my tuf, i aint watched it since series three.

Viper
16-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Browning is a complete dick :( what a tit..... shame he didnt get smashed the fuck up when he was egging peeps

Seca Sec
16-04-2009, 04:06 PM
i think they should have all teamed up and tied him to a tree outside or something...

TheFreak
16-04-2009, 04:28 PM
What a waste of good eggs

Viper
16-04-2009, 04:40 PM
lol at him comparing the Brits (English) to the Aussies, "nother shrimp on the barbie" what a fucking cock, glad he has gone home... now we can watch some proper yank bashing instead of gobbin off......

And yes it flips between teams USA got first pick so we get the next :) WAR UK

Duchman
16-04-2009, 05:50 PM
lol at him comparing the Brits (English) to the Aussies, "nother shrimp on the barbie" what a fucking cock, glad he has gone home... now we can watch some proper yank bashing instead of gobbin off......

And yes it flips between teams USA got first pick so we get the next :) WAR UK
This is seriously... the most retarted thing i had ever seen out of a mouth of a person.. not playing a comedy..

Duchman
16-04-2009, 06:38 PM
What i wonder more.. how the heck did dent go to points with tibau and huerta?

Luke
16-04-2009, 07:14 PM
This is seriously... the most retarted thing i had ever seen out of a mouth of a person.. not playing a comedy..

I thought that was friggin' hilarious!

nrallen
16-04-2009, 11:19 PM
he was playing the fool and parodying dumb and dumber. however, he seemed to put on his act and came across looking like a dick. it was clearly forced and made for awkward viewing as it totally backfired. i expect he felt he had to go in there and do as his brother did to try and become famous.

seems stupid that they would have a 135lb fighter compete at 155lb - i can only assume that no 155lb guys were available on short notice.

frank lester's win was legit but his ott celebration and general demeanour is already grating. he threatened with the kimura and his opponent tried to slam out of it - he wouldn't have headbutted the floor had his shoulder not been in trouble. the referee should have been on that quicker though, could have done some serious damage the way it was cranked on.

Jza
16-04-2009, 11:52 PM
This is why Dana has a problem with having Mazzagati asa ref if I recall. He doesn't rate him. Not saying he is a bad ref, just saying calls like this which can be seen as late (remember we have diff camera angles he doesn't) and other supposed dubious calls are why some don't like him.

JJSFC
17-04-2009, 01:19 AM
erm, actually, they didnt remain in the house after losing, the eliminated fighters all came back together at the semi final stage to help the remaining fighters train.
the only fighters who never left the house after losing were the semi finalists, but that was only for 1-2 days before the end of season.

im pretty sure junie and co left the house after getting beaten in season 8.

Exactly, hence why I said mid-season 3.

And no, Junie and co. didn't leave the house once beaten. Do you not recall Tom Lawlor knocking Dave Kaplan out in the house despite losing the first fight of the series?

AJones
17-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Just my opinion bu - Does anybody else have loved to see Stapes beat the shit out of Browning over tha pool table? (I no he made the right decision by not destroyin him but it would have been fun to see)

TLD
17-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Go, Team Henderson!

hurricane
17-04-2009, 08:51 AM
fuck me the yanks fucking swear all the fucking time.

loving bisping trying to wind them up all the time.

TheUnfitOne
17-04-2009, 09:10 AM
fuck me the yanks fucking swear all the fucking time.

That relentless beeping does my head in

daspecimen
17-04-2009, 09:11 AM
haven't seen series 8 myself (will wait for the dvd) but i'd assume that all the losers (once they have actually won to make it in the house) will stay until the end of the series (unless this wasn't the case in series 8). thus i can only assume that browning didn't stay after his defeat.

good series so far though. Any thoughts on the first fight? I'd assume it will be welter and demarques against maybe nick or dean

Tommo
17-04-2009, 09:13 AM
LMAO at Stapes....'your not even in yet....you tit' :D

MMAlien
17-04-2009, 09:46 AM
haven't seen series 8 myself (will wait for the dvd) but i'd assume that all the losers (once they have actually won to make it in the house) will stay until the end of the series (unless this wasn't the case in series 8). thus i can only assume that browning didn't stay after his defeat.

good series so far though. Any thoughts on the first fight? I'd assume it will be welter and demarques against maybe nick or dean

demarques does look strong so it wouldnt suprise me!

londonpride
17-04-2009, 02:26 PM
demarques does look strong so it wouldnt suprise me!

which is a shame because he is the cock who swears every second word so all we hear when he talks is "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"
doing my nut in already.

TLD
17-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Dana looked out of place calling the British team hooligans.

JJSFC
17-04-2009, 05:45 PM
That Demarques guy is a proper twat.

'You can stick your (whatever it was) up your British ass'. Fuck off you over-sensitive cunt.

Talk about taking a bit of harmless banter the wrong way...

Stu
18-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Lester's fooling no one, he knows he got lucky i think. That said, had he locked that kimora on anyone though they're gonna be tapping, arm was at a ridiculous angle!

Sure, Browning is a massive douche, but he'd have made great viewing for the rest of the season!

Bisping's attitude is killer, love it.

rms6859
19-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I gotta admit, i found it funny them putting in sub-titles during the interviews for the two fighters from liverpool lol. Just shows that americans find it harder to audioly decipher us than what we do them

MMAlien
19-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I gotta admit, i found it funny them putting in sub-titles during the interviews for the two fighters from liverpool lol. Just shows that americans find it harder to audioly decipher us than what we do them

Post some vids RMs, welcome back an old school poster!

Ian23
21-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Glad Browning got beat, i bet they're gutted he lost tho as he'd have bought in the viewers! i reckon they'll bring him back if someone gets injured??

also just been on browings face book, this made me laugh

' Junie- It would make me very happy if you made it to my fight next week, my ex wife said something to me that was very true- she said that a lot of people hate me because I am so fucking crazy, but at the same time.. they wish they could let go like me.. and you - So After I kick this dudes ass what do you say we go fucking sky diving or something? As you know I don't give a shit!!'

sky diving?! carnage

math2tor
23-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Here is a recap of Episode 4:

http://topmmanews.com/2009/04/22/a-canadian-recap-of-tuf-9-us-vs-uk-episode-4/

Naz
23-04-2009, 04:26 AM
go nick, nice head kick !!! man was i happy i had to listen to s*** from the americian guys in the kitchen @ hit squad it shut them right up !!! i jumped up and yeah take that !!! all the guys were silent man am i happy...

Soreshins
23-04-2009, 05:15 AM
British Shin 1 - American Baldyheid 0

Nice one!!!! Get it right up those yank arsewipes

londonpride
23-04-2009, 07:03 AM
great first victory.
another great episode.

nick was always winning that fight, he won both rounds imo, and even had miller tapping in the first.

double fight next week, lets hope we can continue the winning.
hopefully these double fight episodes dont become a regular thing like they were on season 7, its much better one fight per ep, gives us more time to see the training and inside the house antics.

hurricane
23-04-2009, 09:35 AM
that was awesome! i jumped off my seat when he kickied him lol

that demarques dude is a tool.....hope the same happens to him.

got to love bispings constant winding up of the US

Valour5
23-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Vids are over on http://www.mma-core.com

Been searching the net for ages...

karstenbigk
23-04-2009, 03:19 PM
UK 1 - USA 0

it dont matter how many pranks the USA team do, what matters is the fights...

MMAlien
23-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Awesome! Nick was very raw but pulled off the oldest trick in the book for a sweet highlight reel win!

AntonM
23-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Im over the moon by Nicks win, some people doubt him for his power but people that train with him know otherwise! War Pancrase London and England Team. :D

Frankland
23-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Good fight to watch!

Good finish and good win for uk! :D

Jza
23-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Well done to Nick, seemed very confident when I met him at the UFC game press event now I can see why.

Can't wait to see the rest of the fights.

simpy
23-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Man what a great first fight. Nick was winning that fight all along and that was a tap im sure in the first round and should have finished then but im glad it didnt so we got to see that great head kick, like he said oldest trick in the book.

Brett
23-04-2009, 09:34 PM
That was class, i must've looked a right goon shouting at my laptop all through the show

CraigA
23-04-2009, 11:15 PM
It crazy every episode i watch im shouting at the tv all the way through for the UK lads and Bisping gives Team USA loads of shit.It is the best season so far i think, but that could just be my emotions running away with me.