PDA

View Full Version : Novice Muay Thai May 31st Cardiff

lee kru
28-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi folks we are holding another Muay Thai Show at the Heath Hospital Sports and Social Club, Universtiy Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.

This time trying for an afeternoon show.

Sunday 31st May doors open at 12 show starts at 1pm

So far looks like 13 fights are already macthed and confirmed. these will be over 5x1.5 minute rounds

There will be one youth Welsh title fight at 67 KG between Danny Jones (Eagles Gym Barry) and Ameen Alkilaney (Eagles Cardiff)

A full Thai rules Welsh title rematch 75kg between Sean Facey (Eagles Cardiff) and Leighton Mannings (WPT Swansea) Elbows and Knees to head.:D

A Welsh title fight with AFL star Lewis Long (Eagles Cardiff and Rhondda) and Mark Evans (WPT Swansea) 78kg

A ladies bout has been confirmed and some cracking support fights already matched.
Gyms attending will be from all over Wales, Weston Supermare, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton, Redditch and Birmingham.

Tickets will be 20 standard with Ringside costing 30.

lee kru
28-04-2009, 11:02 PM
The full ruiles fight will be 5x3 minutes, the other title fights 5x2 minutes, the rest of the bill 5x 1.5 minutes

lee kru
02-05-2009, 01:35 PM
now 16 fights matched the card is stacked!

lee kru
04-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Now matched 17 fights - in no particular order, all to be 5x 1.5 minutes unlesss stated:-

Paul McMahon-Phraya Pichai Birmingham V Thom Wilcox-Touchgloves 60kg 16yrs old

Justin Morgan-Impact Swansea V Paul McNevin-Widnes 85kg Pro/Am

Mike Hodges-Rama Bristol V Craig Rudd- Phraya Pichai Birmingham 82kg

Alison Thoams-WPT Swansea V Samantha Williams-Thaitans Redditch 65kg ladies

Peter ?- Ranong camp Ross on Wye V Dave Loughlan-Phraya Pichai Birmingham 85kg

Hatim Ali- Eagles Cardiff V Dean Reed-Thaitans Redditch 72kg

Kamil ?- JCB Gym Builth Wells V Tim Foley-Thaitans Redditch 74kg

Dean? -Eagles Cardiff V Chrisztof - Weston Combat 68kg

Mark Scott -EagLes Cardiff V Graeme Leggat-Thaitans Redditch 65kg

Chris Scott-Eagles Cardiff V Steve Vincent- Impact Swansea 62kg

Carys Munday -Eagles Cardiff V Suzy Cahill- Weston Combat 60kg ladies fight

Luke Parsons- Eagles Cardiff V Harry Palmer- Phraya Pichai Swindon 74kg

Steven 'JIMPY' John- Eagles Cardiff V Marc Aplin-Weston Combat 66kg

Liam Griffiths- (Independent) V Paul McAndrews- Phraya Pichai Birmingham 75kg

Welsh Title fight Youth -18 67kg Max - 5 x 2min
Ameen Alkinaey -Eagles Cardiff V Danny Jones- Eagles Gym Barry 67kg

Welsh Title Fight 78kg Max - 5 x 2 min
Lewis Long- Eagles Cardiff V Mark Evans- WPT Swansea

Welsh Title Fight Full Thai Rules - 75KG max 5 x 3 min
Sean Facey -Eagles Wales V Leighton Mannings- WPT Swansea
(THIS IS A REMATCH LAST FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO IN JANUARY WAS AT B CLASS)

MMAlien
04-05-2009, 09:58 PM
War Eagles, good luck with the show Lee!

lee kru
05-05-2009, 08:51 PM
:D Ricky maybe have a job for you on the day mate.
See you at the Gym.

Nak-Muay
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Steven 'JIMPY' John- Eagles Cardiff V Marc Aplin-Weston Combat 66kg

Me and Steven still have a deal not to punch or kick each other in the face right? :P Just kidding of course ;)

MMAlien
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
War Eagles, good luck with the show Lee!

what you got in mind lee?

lee kru
07-05-2009, 10:47 PM
See you at training Firday Ricky boy!!!

Marc- cool you and Jimpy can have a bitch fight in stockings and suzzies ;-) lol.
Be really cool to have you on the show Marc mate.

MMAlien
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Wont be ableto make training until next thursday, work is being harsh on me! (im still keepng fit and training with paul in the days and BJJ down swanse) PM me if you want?

Femme-ma
08-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Marc- cool you and Jimpy can have a bitch fight in stockings and suzzies ;-) lol.

I miss you guys!

MMAlien
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Come back Rach!!!

Nak-Muay
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM

Bit worried I gave too much of my game plan away last weekend though, lol... I don't think kickboxing suited me... I got a bit caught up in the girliness off it!!! More dancing than a local salsa class I believe were the refferee's words... hahaha.

Stephen is a nice guy, I'll buy him a drink or two after... water if he kicks my ass ;)

lee kru
08-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Lol Marc it was ok, the show boating didnt really suit you mate, showbaoting is ok for a little bit during a fight, you were in full control of the fight but let it go because of too much fucking about!

If you settled down and worked your kickboxing a little more in each round it would have been your fight mate - easily!

Live and learn mate thats what the game is about, i still learn every training session i teach and every show i attend even after 25 years in the game!

lee kru
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Come back Rach we miss you! x

MMAlien
08-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Lee, does showboating suit me?

Nak-Muay
09-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Lol Marc it was ok, the show boating didnt really suit you mate, showbaoting is ok for a little bit during a fight, you were in full control of the fight but let it go because of too much fucking about!

If you settled down and worked your kickboxing a little more in each round it would have been your fight mate - easily!

Live and learn mate thats what the game is about, i still learn every training session i teach and every show i attend even after 25 years in the game!

Tell me about it... last time I watch Genki Sudo and Roy Jone Jr whilst warming up! :D

lee kru
09-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Ricky in a word NO

Marc LOL

MMAlien
12-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Ricky in a word NO

Not even as an MC on this very show?

lee kru
12-05-2009, 09:51 PM
MC is different, FC is a no no!!!

Nak-Muay
14-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Welsh Title Fight Full Thai Rules - 75KG max 5 x 3 min
Sean Facey -Eagles Wales V Leighton Mannings- WPT Swansea
(THIS IS A REMATCH LAST FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO IN JANUARY WAS AT B CLASS)

Interesting this one, I thought Sean beat him quite comfortably last time. Will be interesting to see Leighton's game plan because he really struggled last time and didn't take advantage of his range... Probably be another war :D

lee kru
17-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Marc, we offered Leighton the rematch at Full Thai Rules following on from some comments made after the first fight, nothing too shittty but in the interest of fairness to both guys the rematch was offered.

The last fight was at B class with no elbow to the head so this one will be a really interesting 'elbow fest' i hope!

And i agree with your assement of the last fight, however i always like to see 'a straightener' to sort out who is the best at the weights in Wales.

Nak-Muay
17-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Personally I think Leighton's style is really, really open to elbows. He seems to walk through punches (I guess he'd not fought someone as conditioned or as hard hitting as your guy).

If he walksonto an elbow he'll be in trouble... Any up coming elbows esspecially, BUT wasn'tit in November? 6 months is a long time... he may turn up with a totally different game plan.... I know what I'd do if I was Leighton :P

Nak-Muay
22-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Just over a week to go!

lee kru
22-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Lokking forward to it now Marc.

Yes, i agree Leightons Style is open for Elbows , however i know he has been training with the Pro Boxers at WPT gym and has been sparring in good company with some champion pro Boxers.

But i have been in this game for 25 years, know a thing or two about tactics and fight preparation so there may be a different Shaun Facey in that ring this time ;-)

Lol

lee kru
29-05-2009, 03:52 PM
The new lineup is posted below usual pullouts but still 13 fights including 3 title fights.

1 Justin Scott Morgan - Impact 86kg v Paul McNevin Widnes
2 Mike Hodges Rama Bristol 82kg v Craig Rudd 82KG PHRAYA PICHAI BIRMINGHAM
3 KAMIL Zalewski JCB 72 -74kg Tim Foley Thaitans Redditch
4 PAUL McMAHON 16yrs PHRAYA PICHAI BIRMINGHAM 60kg Thom Willcock Touchgloves
5 Alison Thomas WPT 65 SAMANTHA WILLIAMS THAITANS
6 CHRIS SCOTT EAGLES CARDIFF 68 Man wpt
7 LUKE PARSONS EAGLES CARDIFF 74 HARRY PALMER Swindon Phraya Pichai
8 JIMPY EAGLES CARDIFF 66kg Mark Aplin Weston Combat Gym
9 MARK SCOTT EAGLES CARDIFF 66kg Graeme Leggatt Thaitans Redditch
10 DEAN REGAN EAGLES CARDIFF 68 Christoff Weston Combat
11 LEWIS LONG EAGLES Talbot Green 78kg Mark Evans WPT WELSH TITLE
12 AMEEN ALKILANEY EAGLES CARDIFF 67KG V Danny Jones -Barry Eagles Welsh title fight
13 SHAUN FACEY EAGLES CARDIFF 73kg V Leighton Mannings WPT Swansea Welsh Full Rules Title

lee kru
29-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Most of the tickets for this show have gone out to fighters and gyms.

PM me if you want any reserved on door. Otherwise its 25 on the door.

Hot food at the bar. Beer is cheap, afternoon show!

Qulaity fights including 2 grudge rematches

MMAlien
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Enjoyed tonight thanks lee!

Nak-Muay
01-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Enjoyed tonight thanks lee!

You just enjoyed your kiss ;)

Amazing show Lee :) Some of the best Muaythai fights I have seen, pretty much every fight could have gone either way. Really enjoyed my match, I'd love a rematch down the line... I've never been hit that hard before!!!! lol.

I think pretty much every fighter will be icing their legs today, I saw at least 6 of us limping around the dressing rooms after, haha.

MMAlien
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
you sloppy git! :)

philofcynon1
01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey any chance of full results ?? sounds like an awesome show !! if i wasnt a skint tax dodging student motherfucker i would have been there :(

lee kru
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
1 Mike Hodges Rama Bristol 82kg v Craig Rudd 82KG PHRAYA PICHAI BIRMINGHAM win for MIKE HODGES 4TH rd KO win for Hodges

2 Kamil Zalewski JCB 72 -74kg Tim Foley Thaitans Redditch
This was shaping up for a stoppage win for Kamil but he punched himself out in 1st round and got caught with a lovelkt timed kick in the 2nd round that winded him, result win Tim Foley Redditch 2nd Rd KO

3 Paul McMahon 16yrs Phraya Pichai Birmingham 60kg V Thom Whillock Touchgloves, one of the highlights of the night, a close win for Willock on Points but what a war. these 2 lads fought well above their years and were a credit to Muay Thai.

4 Alison Thomas WPT 65 Samantha Williams, Thaitans Redditch, a good fight with the lighter and less experienced Williams forcing a stoppage on the Swansea Girl Thomas in the 4th Round.

5 Mark Scott, Eagles Cardiff 68kg V Michael Smith WPT the WPT Swasnea boy was very strong from the opff throwin g strong low kicks that hurt the Cardiff lad every time, the 2rd was mcuh of the same with lowkicks damaging the left leg of Scott he was forced to rtire result KO win for WPT Swansea.

6 Luke Parsons Eagles Cardiff 74kg v Harry Palmer Swindon Phraya Pichai.
This was a first fight debut for bopth boys who showed good skills, power and fitness in a close fought conetst. result was a Maj pts win for Parsons of Cardiff.

7 Stephen 'JIMPY' John, Eagles Cardiff 66kg V Mark Aplin Weston Combat Gym
WAR!!!! Both fighters gave good accounts of themselves despite some after the bell antics in one of the rds.This fight was awesome, Jimpy working in close, Aplin at long range. Then 'Whack' Jimpy would throw a punch that would knock f down a horse. APlin withstodd a knock down and kept coming for more, Jimpys eye was cut in 3rd rd, with Aplin trying to cause a stoppage by aiming high kicks at the eye. Result was a Pts win for Jimpy after some impressive knockdowns. Aplin was very impressive and proved himself as no mug!

8 Mark Scott Eagles Cardiff 66kg V Graeme Leggatt Thaitans Redditch.
Again another close fight - the Redditch lad looking all the seasoned Thai fighter standing strong in the centre of the ring and throwing the most powerful body or leg kick every time Scott moved into range. Frustrating Scott for the first 2.5 rds. Scott having success in with the knee and clinch used this tactic to good effect, working it at every opportunity in the later rounds, but still the Redditch guy would score with power kicks. Result a narrow pts win for Graeme Leggat who i am sure will be a star of the future.

9 Dean Regan Eagles Cardiff V Christoff Olechinyof Weston Combat.
Again this fight started off as a real battle with Christoff looking strong with Kicks and punches scoring hard on Dean to tsake the 1st Round. Dean Regan gort over his nerves in the 2nd round and after a strong exchange by both guys Regan unwound the most devastating back kick to the liver of Christoff forcing him to the ground in agonmy. Result Win Dean Regan PTS

10 1 Justin Scott Morgan - Impact 86kg v Paul McNevin Widnes moved to from fight 1 to fight 10 because of weigh in issues however the result was pts win by Paul Mc Nevin

11. Lewis Long Eagles Talbot Green 78kg-81kg V Mark Evans WPT Swansea WELSH GOLDEN BELT MUAY THAI TITLE
What a fight, a tit for tat fight with strong punches and kicks by Long and punches and knees by Evans. Evans was hurting Long with Low kicks and Long using accurate effective punches follwed by high kicks. some good throws by Long and an accidental punch whilst Evans was on the floor was replied with good clean work by the very strong Evans. A hard fouight close fight but winner and the new Welsh CHmapion was Lewis Long on points.

12 Ameen Alkilane Eagles Cardiff 67kg V Danny Jones - Barry Eagles Welsh Golden Belt Amateur Title Fight. Another close battle that copuld have gone either way. Both lads showing excellent skills, high kicks, body kicks, punches , knees. This could have been a fight for any title any where. The crowd loved it! both evenly matched it was atense moment for the decision but Danny Jones scraped through by a point in one of the best Under 18s fights in a long time. A rematch is definately on the Cards.

13 Shaun Facey Eagles Cardiff 75kg V Leighton Mannings WPT Swansea Golden Belt Welsh Full Thai Professional Rules Title Middleweight.
Arematch this was all about styles -Facey Thai Style with strong body kicks to Mannings soaking the kicks up and retaliating with Low kicks and punches.
It was an awseome bout that saw all the repetoire of Muay Thai techniques being thrown. Facey throwing awesome elbows form Long range, Mannings using efective clinch and turns to knee Facey to the legs in the Clinch. Mannings also using little elbows to the body whislt clinching. Facey however was unfazed by this and kept kicking the left side of Mannings to score with more efective techniques, damaguing the tissue on the left side of the Swansea lad. The Swansea fighter would finish strongly throwing hooks at the end of each round, but Facey would cover up on the ropes and take the punches on his guard. Not an easy fight to judge but the winner and Pro Welsh Middleweight Champion by unanimous points was Shaun Facey.

Nak-Muay
01-06-2009, 10:55 PM
7 Stephen 'JIMPY' John, Eagles Cardiff 66kg V Mark Aplin Weston Combat Gym
WAR!!!! Both fighters gave good accounts of themselves despite some after the bell antics in one of the rds.This fight was awesome, Jimpy working in close, Aplin at long range. Then 'Whack' Jimpy would throw a punch that would knock f down a horse. APlin withstodd a knock down and kept coming for more, Jimpys eye was cut in 3rd rd, with Aplin trying to cause a stoppage by aiming high kicks at the eye. Result was a Pts win for Jimpy after some impressive knockdowns. Aplin was very impressive and proved himself as no mug!

I appologise for that, Jimpy hit me after the bell went (but he couldn't help it, he'd already thrown it as the bell went). I'd dropped my guard hearing the bell and got caught with the shot and being in the fight situation decided that I'd ask what he was playing at. Start of the third round first thing I did was walk up to him and say 'Sorry Stephen' before he nodded, we touched gloves and started again.

It was one knockdown, it was the bastard takedowns that got me... Bodylocked me like a Thai!

It was a great fight in my opinion because we total oppersite fighers... Jimpy used his low right kick, right hand, inside/clinch. I used my left hand, right high kick and range.

I'd love a rematch if we can each rack up a few more fights perhaps later in the year... I think it would be even better round 6 through 10 ;)

lee kru
01-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Lol Marc, i enjoyed the 'antics' made for a nice bit of atmosphere during the fight.

As for a rematch maybe later on although the plan is to get Jimpy at -62 kg where IMO he will take the UK Muay Thai scene by storm.

He is gonna fight Golden Belt Hardcore too, he purple belt Ju Jitsu and trains MMA also!

Nak-Muay
01-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Lol Marc, i enjoyed the 'antics' made for a nice bit of atmosphere during the fight.

As for a rematch maybe later on although the plan is to get Jimpy at -62 kg where IMO he will take the UK Muay Thai scene by storm.

He is gonna fight Golden Belt Hardcore too, he purple belt Ju Jitsu and trains MMA also!

For sure Lee, I would like to make 63kg-64kg like I was in Thailand eventually, but 62kg would be pushing it... if he could meet me at that late in the year it would be good. I agree at 62kg people need to watch out... and condition the left side of their face!

He is a great fighter, I've never been hit once that hard before... let alone the number of times during the fight... He just throws it out so damned fast... I saw he KO'ed Dan Wilson (I have the DVD of that show if you want it!?) and I was like... oh... shit... lol.... I wondered where the takedown strength came from... he takes down like a Brazilian then... not a Thai ;)

I was proud to stand in there 5 rounds with him after being told before the fight by 3 different people I wouldn't take 1 right hand from him and I was going to be outclassed (they'd all seen the bristol show, lol) ;)

P.S. As much as I get on with Leighton, I don't think they can argue about that result... Seemed a great win by kicks, elbows, knees & clinch to Sean, punches to Leighton.

lee kru
02-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Marc you fought really well mate and took some devastating punches as you have said.
I will spea with Jimpy and see what he says.
His next fight is with Christoff who is also a good puncher so there may be a KO or 2 around that fight.

Work on fighting Gobind for your next fight 28th this will be a totally diferent fight as you know. You are gaining good expereince and will be knocking on the doors of the independent Rankings soon. As Kevins Gym gets more involved and exposure to the UK scene so will the options to fight on different shows.
Chok Dii

Nak-Muay
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Lee, couple pics for you:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs083.snc1/4566_85623129374_766789374_1677386_8055355_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4566/238/102/766789374/n766789374_1677377_591183.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs083.snc1/4566_85623084374_766789374_1677378_5280305_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4566/238/102/766789374/n766789374_1677379_8030986.jpg

lee kru
27-06-2009, 03:49 PM
cool pics Marc chers mate