PDA

View Full Version : MMA in South Wales?

Out_Cold
20-05-2009, 07:32 PM
hi guys. first post here. ive done a search for mma gyms in south wales but ive drawn a blank.

the phone numbers for MMA cardiff are no longer working, and i cant find any contact info at all for dogs of war in penarth.

ive read there are places in merthyr and abercynon but again i cant find a phone number for them.

can anybody help me please?

Rob T
20-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, there's http://www.graciebarraswansea.co.uk/ but that's in Swansea. However, I highly recommend it :)

Dogs of War still definitely exist... the best person on here for you to speak to is Paul Jenkins (posts as "The Hands").

There is also Tilery Combat, the head instructor (Shakey) posts here so I'm sure he'll see this.

Another one is Celtic Pride Martial Arts, but I'm not entirely sure where they are, I think somewhere north of Newport way, maybe Abertilery?? Again, there are people who train there who post on here.

Out_Cold
20-05-2009, 08:44 PM
thanks for all your help mate. swansea, abertillery and newport are too far to travel really.

ill wait to see if "the hands" replies if not ill pm him.

do you know the name of the gym in abercynon?

thanks again matey

Godders
20-05-2009, 08:48 PM
There is a list here

http://www.welshfightingalliance.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9

Rob T
20-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Cheers Godders, I hadn't seen that site before... will check it out properly asap and try to help out with it (I assume the hands is running it?).

Out_Cold
20-05-2009, 09:42 PM
godders thanks for that mate. i had a look on that site earlier. i must have missed it.

merthyr is easiest for me. is there a contact number for them?

id like to sit in on a session in abercynon and merthyr really. im havin a hard time tracking down the abercynon details.

Rob T
20-05-2009, 09:52 PM
im havin a hard time tracking down the abercynon details.

A guy who trains with us lives around that area, I'll try to find out if he knows anything about it mate (if I remember! Feel free to PM me to remind me if necessary!).

MMAlien
20-05-2009, 09:59 PM
there is eagles thai boxing in cardiff, the reason why my kicks rock!

Hands Of Stone
20-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Cheers Godders, I hadn't seen that site before... will check it out properly asap and try to help out with it (I assume the hands is running it?).

Rob, re: the www.welshfightingalliance.co.uk thang....
Only just up this week. Godders runs it as in he presses the buttons, he's just made me a Mod cos it was my idea.
It's still a massive work in progress and I've got top ideas coming out my ass (as opposed to strap-ons) which will be implimented as and when.
You wanna be the Mod-honcho for sub-grappling and BJJ on the site ?

The Hands

Hands Of Stone
20-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Where you live Out cold...?

The Hands

Out_Cold
20-05-2009, 10:27 PM
cheers for the offer rob. ill take you up on the offer.

the hands - im in cearphilly. thats why im looking at the merthyr or abercynon places. but i havent got phone numbers for either yet and i dont know what mma's they train.

i sat in on a ju jitsu class in cardiff on tuesday. i liked a lot of what they were doing but they didnt play rough enough for me. so im going straight for the mma class.

im just bloody struggling to get info.