PDA

View Full Version : good clubs in newport or cwmbran?

flipper feet
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi guys i'm looking to start with a martial art either in newport or cwmbran, i'm not really fussed witch martial art i just want to do one so if anyone knows of any good clubs let me know thanks.

General H
06-06-2009, 09:06 AM
falcons martial arts has classes in cwmbran & pontypool, check them out at www.falconsmartialarts.com

lee kru
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
There is Newport MMA they have a website

Tony Aherne teaches Muay Thai at St Josephs Boxing club Newport on a tuesday i believe. Knows his stuff been around for years.

Cwmbran Thai Boxing Club have a website. The coach Justin Reekes has beena round for years, fought in Thailand for Welsh team back in the old days.

Falcons are a good MMA club too.

Loads of Kickboxing clubs including Gary Gassors place- based on Tae Kwon do but good facilities.

loads of clubs MMA and Muaty Thai in Valleys now also, check out some of the posts here and on Wlesh Fightimg alliance website

flipper feet
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
thanks lee kru and is Gary Gassors place actually a good club? i've seen there facilities but i got the vibe it was more of a fitness place and do you have contacct details for St Josephs Boxing club?
Thanks.

CHARLSTON
07-06-2009, 01:27 AM
A little surfing and it is found, the info below
is all I could find for St Josephs.

I hope it helps flipperfeet

St Joseph’s Boxing Club – 81 George Street

Honorable Secretary :Mr D Exton 01633 783660

Coaches :Mr R Williams 01633 660161

C.

flipper feet
07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks but i'm still looking into the legiticy (is that a word?) of gary gassors place anyone trained there any reviews? and has anyone trained at st josephs boxing what are the facilities like and the coaching?
Thanks

dano84
09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
A mate of mine trains down st josephs hes mainly kick boxing/Muay Thai but even he has joined me once or twice training with Falcons.M.A. at Pontypool, not much of a drive from Newport plus they cover a lot of different martial arts at other classes.

Timbomo
17-06-2009, 12:38 AM
St Josephs has a shit load of top boxers. The coaches have been around for years and have loads of welsh vest fighters under them. Definately reccomend going there for stand up training. Newport MMA is the dogs bollocks for MMA of course :)