PDA

View Full Version : Fighters needed for academic research

MMAResearch
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi,

As you are all probably aware MMA is a rapidly growing sport both globally and here in the UK, however up until now there has been very little academic research that has investigated MMA or the athletes that participate in it. For my MSc dissertation project here at the University of Teesside I am attempting to add to this very sparse area of research by looking into the psychological characteristics of MMA athletes and to do this I need your help!

I am looking for willing participants who have experience competing in MMA, whether in professional, semi-pro or amateur competitions. The study will simply involve me sending you 3 questionnaires for you to fill-in and to send back via email. The total time to complete these questionnaires should be no more than 15-20 minutes.

By participating in this research not only will you help the advancement of sport psychology specific to MMA but, as the finished study may be put forward for publication, you will also be helping to produce the sort of scientific research that will add to the credibility and legitimacy of the sport within academic circles.

If you are interested in this study please either email or pm me.

MMAResearch@live.co.uk

Thanks
Dave