PDA

View Full Version : boxing gloves

russel
23-08-2009, 06:16 PM
boxing club is about to re open in september i was looking for some good bag and sparring gloves not stuppidly priced any recommendations? what do you lot use and how have they lasted? anyone got some good sites for gloves i can browse.

d013290
23-08-2009, 07:20 PM
One of the best pairs I've ever worn was BBE - until they got knicked when the club got broken in to. I've been using Hayabusa ever since. Both quite pricey but awesome though. Been told Cleto's are the best but they are too expensive for me. One day.

russel
23-08-2009, 07:47 PM
yea reyes ones bit out of the price range, i have heard ringside and title are alright?

mzb
24-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Ive got a pair of gloves from Windy that have taken heavy use for about a year and are in great condition, really recommend them

russel
25-08-2009, 06:55 PM
windy are thai boxing gloves? do they not pad them out slighty different .

SawaPawa
26-08-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah thai boxing gloves have padding around the wrists so u can block elbows etc with em.

DoubleJab
27-08-2009, 12:44 AM
I got a 16oz pir of MTGs that I think are quality gloves. Quite a few of the guys I train with rate fairtex also.

Standupstar
27-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I use Leather Blitz 16oz for training and at 30 I'd argue they're excellent value for money

Ross D
27-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Ringside gloves are quality but they cost around 80. A few of the guys at the club have them and say they wouldn't wear a different glove now.

daspecimen
28-08-2009, 08:43 AM
i need a new pair, have a pair of 14's i use for sparring, but i want a pair of 12's as well and was looking at some Sandee gloves on Fight Shop.

Anyone got a pair already?

Suley
28-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Lemmar pro mk 2 gloves are good. I think I prefer them over my Reyes gloves

Mattchoo
27-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I have two pairs of boxing gloves I use at the moment, S.A.P which you probably havent heard of unless your around the kickboxing circuit. They sponsor the real tournements like Irish Open etc and most fighters will use them. I had the S.A.P gloves for 2 years heavy use and nothing but a few scuffs on the knuckle area from punchbags and the like, a year i didnt use them and now im back using them to train in on the pads and they are in perfect condition. Best gloves iv ever had.

To fight in and usually spar I have a pair of top ten gloves which again are used alot on the kickboxing circuit and iv had these about 2 years and theyr also in perfect condition. Bar a little bit of colour damage as they are white but not a problem with them at all.

DanCrase
27-09-2009, 02:36 PM
i need a new pair, have a pair of 14's i use for sparring, but i want a pair of 12's as well and was looking at some Sandee gloves on Fight Shop.

Anyone got a pair already?

Yeah, I have 14 and 16s made by Sandee; very good gloves, comfortable and well padded.

I wouldn't use less than 16s on a heavy bag though dude

Bateman
28-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Get seom Reyes, great gloves and will last you a long time if you look after them. DOnt bother with grants , great fight and sparring glove but wonth last long on the pads or heavy bags

Xanthic
28-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I've got a pair of 14oz MTGs (http://www.fightstuff.co.uk/catalog/mtg-red-boxing-gloves.html) which I bought for 20 when FightShop had their sale last year - awesome gloves - had them over a year now (which reminds me, they need replacing purely because they're starting to reek and it's about time I splashed out).

I used them twice a day, every day, 6 days a week for the first couple months and even now they still get used for a few hours a week (which admittedly isnt that much) and they're still going strong.

Saying that, the padding around the tip of the thumb starts to wear on Thai boxing gloves and occasionally you'll bang someone's forehead with your thumb which WILL hurt!

You can get them here (http://www.thaiboxingstore.co.uk/index.php/store/home/category/195) for cheaper than Twins/Sandee/Fairtex (which IMO are a little tight on the hands).

ReD_mIst
28-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Mid-Range - Sandee (followed by Twins/MTG/Fairtex)
Top-Range - Reyes or Winning

hfa/boxing
28-09-2009, 03:53 PM
my reyes gloves have lasted eight year and apart from the velcro being knackered they have lasted dead well.

Leiurus
05-10-2009, 12:13 PM
For sparring I have BBE's new design, 'Pro Classic 490'. I was told they were re designed with a lot of input from fighters. I tried them on against the addidas and prefered them, they have an amazing fit, much better then i have ever worn before (never had reyes). Thats it though, you really need to try the gloves on before you dicide. I use figerless mits on the bag as i never feel comfortable with regular bag mits.

shanks
06-11-2009, 01:46 PM
good prices

Bodyactive
03-12-2009, 01:03 PM
If you want a bangers glove that will last go for Cletos.For mid range i would go for a thai brand like Twins or Sandee. We have just got the new Everlast range in and they also feel wicked but similar to the adidas glove. Lower priced gloves tend to be manufactured in pvc and made in india/pakistan and will not last.

Cletos-
http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/epoint/cletoreyes_mma.asp

C.K.A.Martial Arts
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I am doing a discount on Sandee - if you wanted a few pairs and you can collect them from my Stockport based shop I would do you a deal. The only reason why I am doing the offer is the market at this end is changing so I need to clear some stock to make way for some new designs. Just in box me