PDA

View Full Version : Grapple & Strike Title Belt Challenge 2009

General H
30-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Nantyglo Leisure Centre
Nantyglo
Gwent
NP23 4BL

match ups have now been made and invitations have been sent. line up at www.fightnights.info

thanks
G&S

Scott
30-09-2009, 08:40 PM
whats the day Heath?

General H
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
opps, dat would be a good idea :o) its saturday december 5th

thanks scott
H

MMAlien
01-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Heath will there be a heavy weight tourny? i know HW turn out was shit this year but i think a rematch with John Andrew and Wayne Samways would be good for the show. both fighters are up for it!

MiKeY B 20
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
How come there are no featherweights or bantamweights?

Nak-Muay
02-10-2009, 05:54 AM

x2 ?????????????????? :)

welshwizz2005
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Heath will there be a heavy weight tourny? i know HW turn out was shit this year but i think a rematch with John Andrew and Wayne Samways would be good for the show. both fighters are up for it!

I agree with Ricky, it appears to be unfair to let people pay to fight in the league aiming for a chance to fight in the finals. For a weight cat then to be removed from the finals appears to be very poor business sense, as next year more people may think that their weight category may be pulled for no apparent reason and they would have wasted their money too.

General H
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM

Did it the first year and it was poorly attended, then didn't have enough interest. had some interest this year so we may try a lighter weight next year.

I agree with Ricky, it appears to be unfair to let people pay to fight in the league aiming for a chance to fight in the finals.

far from unfair, if you don't support an event then you can't expect a reward, the league has three rounds and the entry fee's taken won't even cover the cost of the medals let alone the belt.

For a weight cat then to be removed from the finals appears to be very poor business sense, as next year more people may think that their weight category may be pulled for no apparent reason and they would have wasted their money too.

it would be piss poor business sense to run an event at a lose, and the category wasn't pulled for no reason, the reason is obvious. bit of a stupid comment this.

hi ricky, if i can get 4 heavy weights with entries in by the closing date i will put one on, the entry fee will be a little more but if they want it i will do it, i will only do it though if i get four entries, less than four and its a no. i will get letters sent today.

H

General H
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
e-mails have been sent to:
jon andrew
wayne samways
floyd askin

piotr has no email so entry forms have been sent by post.

H

Reedy
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Good luck Adam Thomas who I'm sure will do very well. Bring back the belt.

This is a great show by the way!

MMAlien
09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
e-mails have been sent to:
jon andrew
wayne samways
floyd askin

piotr has no email so entry forms have been sent by post.

H

Awesome Heath! thank's a lot i know Jon and Wayne will be very chuffed about this! hope floyd and Piotr will attend!:D :D :D

General H
16-10-2009, 12:57 PM
well all four have shown interest, its friday and i still havn't recieved any entries, once the closing date is passed it will be too late. better get them in boys!!

Rob T
16-10-2009, 01:04 PM
well all four have shown interest, its friday and i still havn't recieved any entries, once the closing date is passed it will be too late. better get them in boys!!

Jon and Wayne have both emailed you to say they are willing to fight for it and pay for a belt between them?

General H
16-10-2009, 04:06 PM
jon has, wayne didn't know about it until i sent out reminder texts, i was also told floyd & piotr wern't fighting but both have confirmed they want to..got to have the entries though, as i order the belts next week...

Rob T
16-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Jon is sending his reply tonight :)