PDA

View Full Version : Medical Cover at MMA Events in South Wales

PHECTA
30-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Anyone looking for medical cover for their MMA Cage Fight Event in South and West Wales, contact us for cover, we are experienced at providing high quality event cover for MMA Cage Fights.

The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Training Agency are a Professional Organisation able to supply training, event cover, private ambulance services etc.

We provide State Registered Paramedics and Experienced Support Staff.

We undertake pre-fight medicals on all fighters.

we provide full advanced life support equipment including

Defibrillators
Airway management equipment
Oxygen
Aspirator
Paramedic Equipment
Pain Relief
Frac Immobilisers
Spinal Board
Cervical Collars
carry Chair
Wound Closure Equipment
Medications
Minor wound kit

check out our website at www.phecta.co.uk/eventcover.aspx

e-mail us at faw@phecta.com

we are able to provide cover throughout wales, midlands, south west england.

Check us out and consider us when booking your event

MMAlien
01-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I cant say enough good things about these guys.

shakus maximus
04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
can u pm me your cost please

ringmedic
05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Providing a cost is not as simple as just PM'ing you a quote shakus. If PHECTA operates anything like we do (and I know nothing about them so am just assuming) then a full risk assessment would need to be undertaken and you would need to discuss your exact requirements with your appointed medical provider. It isn't as simple as providing an hourly rate per person and any company would be foolish to just give out their prices in case a competitor was attempting to undercut them!

If you wanted a paramedic ambulance for two hours for example, it wouldn't be as simple as just working out two people's wages for two hours. There are considerable other costs involved and you have to also consider that no paramedic is going to give up an overtime shift to work for just two hours. That paramedic would need to be compensated for their lost earnings to attract them away from an easy overtime shift.

Why not post your exact requirements on here and then any company can PM you with quotes?

All the best

shakus maximus
06-12-2009, 11:43 PM
so the cost varies and is not by the hour?
what would vary the price?
surely there is a standard charge for attending an mma event for say a 5/6 hour period.

rico790
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
The PHECTA team are absolutely superb. I have used them for several shows myself and been at shows where they are in attendance and they are extremely professional, approachable and they really know their stuff which means when everyone else is panicking they are cool as a cucumber ! I had a particularly nasty incident at one of my recent shows ( not even as a result of a fight, the show hadn't started and someone had a fit resulting in them falling a small height and hitting their head ) , the PHECTA team went to work, arranged and liased with the ambulance crew and they even had a member of their team get things in order after the incident so that the show could start as planned. The guy made a full recovery I am glad to say but I do not even wish to think what would of happened had they not been in attendance.
I 110 % recommend this company to anyone running a show.

MMAlien
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
I remember that incident(it was only two weeks ago after all) but they were so on the ball! def in safe hands with these guys!

ringmedic
28-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Regarding cost, you need to consider that a paramedic is giving up a day's work with their NHS job. I am a paramedic practitioner on band 6 and my overtime rate is close to 30 per hour. I would not give up a 12 hour shift at 30 an hour to earn 4 hours pay at an event as I simply can't afford to.

Cost would depend upon your EXACT requirements, I don't know PHECTA so cannot comment but I would assume that as the owner is a paramedic he would also have to compensate for lost earnings.

Then there is the cost of the equipment and drugs. One resus would cost us about 400 in drugs and disposables. Defib pads are 30-40 a set for example and Amiodarone is about 40 a dose.

If you require a paramedic then this paramedic must come with all the kit and drugs, then you need the team to support the paramedic which will vary depending upon the size of the event.

If you wanted an ambulance with paramedic and technician (which is the absolute minimum and you should opt for much more than just this) then the paramedic on 20 an hour plus the tech on 12 an hour is 32 an hour in wages alone. Then the NI and PAYE on top of this (legitimate companies pay this!) would push this up another 20%. Then the FA company has to estimate a charge for disposables and drugs. Then travelling costs and finally they have to make a profit.

My company works on a daily rate and for shorter events a half daily rate rather than an hourly rate. If you want a quote then please PM me with your requirements.