PDA

View Full Version : Welsh LW and WW rankings!

MMAlien
03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm really bored but this could be fun...

LW
Daniel Thomas
Nathan Beer
Tim Newman
Marley Swindells
Zack Jones
Dan James
Kay Shakes
Rass Davies!

WW
Jamie Rogers 5-0-0
Joseph Duffy 5-0-0
PAUL FUCKING JENKINS 45-45-10(happy now shaky;))
Jordan James 6-5-0
Kevin Reed 7-9-0
Dai Smith 4-1-0
Ryan Parry 2-0-0
David Round 2-1-0
Russel Smith 2-0-0
Joe Jones 2-1-0
Darrel James 1-3-0
James Parry 1-0-0
Gareth Burbidge 1-4-0
Matt Jones 1-0-0
Scott Roberts 1-0-0
Stuart Tyrie 0-1-0
Liam Bennet 1-2-0
Adam Avo 1-4-0

not much thought went into them, but have a look any way!

falcon77kg
03-12-2009, 04:11 PM
duffy is irish dont let him see that! lol

shakus maximus
03-12-2009, 05:10 PM
duffy v rogers would be an interesting bout
"sombodys '0' must go." lol

shakus maximus
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
and someone has to make neggy v denzil happen
this is the one fight that really excites me
someone put up the cash to mqake it worthwile

MMAlien
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I spoke to denz and neggy and they wont fight each other. Their both good mates that train together often and hope to carry on training with each other. Sorry to dissapoint you shaky boy. Rogers v jo would be fun though. Maybe next knuckle up?

shakus maximus
04-12-2009, 08:44 PM
jenkins has fought several times this year and should be in rankings even if he has retired

MMAlien
07-12-2009, 03:08 PM
oops! true...........don't know why i forgot jenkins.

Hunger
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
You forgot russ evans at LW

MMAlien
07-12-2009, 06:14 PM
No i didn't Russ fights at feather weight!

shakus maximus
08-12-2009, 01:51 AM
ricky you had better edit those rankings and put jenkins in there or im gonna ring him and tell on you. lol

Rob T
08-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Russ' fights have mainly been at LW (70kg) haven't they?

He was meant to fight his last one at 65 but 12 hour shifts in the week leading up to it meant it was changed to catchweight of 68 cos he couldn't cut properly.

ade76
08-12-2009, 09:59 AM
ricky you had better edit those rankings and put jenkins in there or im gonna ring him and tell on you. lol

I wouldn't worry Ricky's getting slapped about a bit next month :D I'd suggest everyone comes and watch :p

Hunger
08-12-2009, 12:17 PM
No i didn't Russ fights at feather weight!

Spoke to Russ about a month ago, he said he was going to drop to FW but hasnt yet? Not to my knowledge anyway. So thought he may have been included in the LW rankins

MMAlien
08-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't worry Ricky's getting slapped about a bit next month :D I'd suggest everyone comes and watch :p

That be fighting talk!!! i'm MCing the same night so don't give me much of a beating now will you?

MMAlien
08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
happy now shaky:)

Rob T
08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Spoke to Russ about a month ago, he said he was going to drop to FW but hasnt yet? Not to my knowledge anyway. So thought he may have been included in the LW rankins

Yeah, his last fight was meant to be 65 (which I guess is FW?) but like I said, he had crappy shifts leading up to it so the cut would have been too much on top of working 12 hours a day all week.

I think if someone has only fought LW (and one catchweight bout just below LW) they should still be included in the LW rankings.

Ricky, would Dino be the no.1 Welsh fighter at FW?

MMAlien
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Russ' fights have mainly been at LW (70kg) haven't they?

He was meant to fight his last one at 65 but 12 hour shifts in the week leading up to it meant it was changed to catchweight of 68 cos he couldn't cut properly.

as i saw he was down to fight at FW i assumed that he did fight at FW....oops!

shakus maximus
08-12-2009, 11:34 PM
happy now shaky

not quite
anyone with a 100 fights to their name should be ranked no 1:D

Hunger
09-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Jordan james pulled out of the fight with me at knuckleup this friday so I should take his place in the rankins.

Hands Of Stone
09-12-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm in a foul mood for other reasons and I've been biting my tongue over this thread for days but couldn't give a fuck right now.

This is the most ill thought out, counter productive bollocks I've ever read.

Welsh MMA is nowhere near ready to produce any kind of ranking system and seeing as many of the guys on the list train together regardless of, or even because of, club loyalties, and many of the club and gym owners/instructers network, help each other out and work selflessly pushing MMA as a whole and not just their own clubs and names, this thread will do nothing but produce behind the scene unsettlement, whispering and bad feeling just at a time when everyone should be pulling hard together instead of creating an environment of one-upmanship that shit like this causes.

Ricky, out of absolute nowhere you've now created an environment of shitty competitiveness based on other peoples placing in your 'rankings' rather than personal pride in each and everyones singular achievments. You've now made it possible for one Welsh guy to pray for another Welsh guy to lose.

And god knows what it'll do to regional open mats and multi-club seminars (one of which I'm in the middle of organising).

My guys have fought some of Chris's guys, Budgies, et al.
My role as a coach and training partner is to get my guys in as good a shape as possible and even though I actively coach and strategize from cageside at events, I am enacting my role as a good coach and no fighter or opponant should expect anything else from me.
Personally though, I want the best guy to win. Whoever he may be.
Of course I want my fighter to be the best guy but if he ain't, tough shit on him !
Maybe I'm strange in that respect.

Sorry if I've over-reacted or worded myself badly.
(Actually I couldn't give a fuck but apparently it's the done thing to give yourself a get-out clause with such outbursts...).

Anyone want to add to this, disagree or confirm my thoughts. Be my guest.

The Hands

ade76
09-12-2009, 02:42 AM
And god knows what it'll do to regional open mats and multi-club seminars (one of which I'm in the middle of organising).

I don't think it will make any difference most of fighters know each other and train together whether it's kicking, punching, grappling or throwing each around a gym or dojo all the people i've met have respected each other on what each individual brings the sport, balls to rankings I don't think anyone gives a shit we all support each other push each other to achieve our best :)

Hunger
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Looking at these 'welsh rankins'.
They might not actually mean anything to anyone, but this is where it all starts. This potentialy could cause a load of bullshit not needed in welsh mma.

I myself have trained in various gyms across Wales, in Bjj, Muay thai, MMA.
I have grappled, sparred and trained with fighters from other clubs who are striving for the same goal as me. To learn as much as we can, get the skills on board and become the best we can be.
I enjoy training with various training partners. Learning from different coaching styles and methods, and finding what works for me.
I enjoy training with other Welsh fighters.

Like I said we are all competitive and have the same goals.
So these 'Welsh rankins' as harmless as they may have been intended to be, would influence people.
Fighters are competitive, if there was a ranking system in Wales then (my goal) everyones goal would be to get ranked at number 1!

The only way you can find out who is the best in Wales, is to have recognised Welsh titles. One for each weight, then whoever has the belt is the Champion. Simple.
Fuck the ranking system. MMAlien is entitled to his own opininon but I dont think the super-fan quite thought it through.

Just my opinion.

MMAlien
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
i was only having a laugh but the points raised have made me regret ranking welsh fighters! silli idea!

shakus maximus
10-12-2009, 01:22 AM
The only way you can find out who is the best in Wales, is to have recognised Welsh titles. One for each weight, then whoever has the belt is the Champion. Simple.
good post kev

Rob T
11-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Jordan james pulled out of the fight with me at knuckleup this friday so I should take his place in the rankins.

Pretty sure he never accepted it so he couldn't have pulled out.

rico790
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Sorry if this goes off thread, Rob T is right Kev, Jordan never accepted the fight , was asked about it two weeks ago off the cuff, then didn't hear anymore so assumed it was off and we hadn't made any plans for him to fight this year anyway then a few days ago was offered the fight again and decided against it , didn't accept it at any point to my knowledge. Just thought I'd clear it up
ps , nice post Mr Jenkins,

Hunger
11-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I know there was some sort of confusion over the match up.
I thought I was fighting Jordan as a late replacement.. because his opponent had pulled out?
Then heard Jamie Rogers was meant to be fighting him the day before?
Either way neither fight happened.
Looking ahead now to 2010!!!

rico790
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Sounds like confusion on both sides mate ! Jordan thought he was being brought in as a late replacement also ! Either way doesn't matter now, have a good one !:)