05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Best Glove on the Market

what your best out there now?

UFC
FAirtex

let me now.

NoGiCorbarian
05-01-2010, 04:21 PM
caged steel or fairtex for me rkyo do a good budget glove well i say budget 19.99 is good for the quality.

as for boxing gloves i used to use fairtex but then tried a pair of twins that my thia caoch had and havent used anything else since

Bateman
05-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Best Glove on the Market

what your best out there now?

UFC
FAirtex

let me now.

For MMA , not sure to be honest. I like the look of the CS ones. Thinking i might go for the sparring ones when i come to get some. Not really into the pro gloves, not being a pro i dont need them. My mates wouldnt take to kindly me cracking them wearing mma gloves either.

Me an a mate of mine used to spar with the full on MMA gloves , it was pretty full on.. its not everyones cup of tea, or mouth of blood !

Boxing, Reyes , if you look after them they will look after you.

Sledge
05-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Boxing = Lonsdale 16oz
MMA pro = Ouano/UFC
MMA Spar = Evolution/Windy

Not saying they are the best ever but I have used these and like them a lot.

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 04:34 PM
yeah sparring with mma gloves is as close as u get i only used them with grappling with body shots.

boxing well used quite a few i like the everlast protex but just about to buy a pair of reyes or winning. but i have been told the sandee ones are quality

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 04:36 PM
never used mma sparring gloves

Bateman
05-01-2010, 04:39 PM
yeah sparring with mma gloves is as close as u get i only used them with grappling with body shots.

boxing well used quite a few i like the everlast protex but just about to buy a pair of reyes or winning. but i have been told the sandee ones are quality

reyes are the best you can get. Far better than Grants, Reyes are a punchers glove. When you have trained in them, dont stick them in your bag wet , let them dry on the side , the vas them , it keeps the leather nice. they will last a long time...

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah i want to get a pair just really not sure if i will use them as much. I was told sandee are very good quality aswell.

Bateman
05-01-2010, 04:48 PM
yeah i want to get a pair just really not sure if i will use them as much. I was told sandee are very good quality aswell.

sandee wont come close to a reyes glove , reyes will cost from 100 up , when you try them , they fit like a glove. I have 2 pairs and had them for 2 years. I alternate them each session, hit bags and pads with them. I only use them for boxing and sparring.

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 04:54 PM
have you seenthe mexican colour way.

Dave78
05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
sandee wont come close to a reyes glove , reyes will cost from 100 up , when you try them , they fit like a glove. I have 2 pairs and had them for 2 years. I alternate them each session, hit bags and pads with them. I only use them for boxing and sparring.

lol at fit like a glove! :D but i know what you mean!

Bateman
I just have a pair of black and a pair of red. the black ones are perfect , the red ones show colour fade. go for black .... if your 120 kg then 16's

Dave78
Boxing = Lonsdale 16oz
MMA pro = Ouano/UFC
MMA Spar = Evolution/Windy

Not saying they are the best ever but I have used these and like them a lot.

this

but replace Lonsdale with Twins

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
yeah gona have a look. just 120 or 130 is as lot to fork out. do you spar alot at your gym.

Bateman
05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
yeah gona have a look. just 120 or 130 is as lot to fork out. do you spar alot at your gym.

yep, I box 3 times a week, one of those is sparring. Other sessions will be pads, fitness and some body sparring.

It is a lot, but thay are a fantastic glove and if you look after them they will last.

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I think if you use them at least thre times a week then yeah they are worth every penny.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
05-01-2010, 08:22 PM
MMA ~ Caged Steel / Like 2 Fight / Razor Storm or Sandee
Boxing ~ PU ~ Adidas very good / Leather ~ Sandee

DanCrase
05-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I personally recommend Sandee thai boxing gloves; I've never had the need to use MMA gloves, but I've been through a couple of pairs of Sandee 16oz and they've never let me down

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I think i might go for sandee have they got there ownwebsite?

CraigSt.Clair
05-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Fight Shop is the place for Sandee mate, I have Sandee sparring, LUSH

featherz
05-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Sports direct do lonsdale pro gloves for like 16 quid or something sparring gloves for like 10 pound and pads for again about a tenner.

I wouldnt go anywhere else for first gloves really at that price.

EDIT boxing obviously not MMA

DanCrase
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
www.fightshop.com

or

www.ckamartialartssupplies.co.uk

Are 2 I'd recommend; if you use CKA, Enter "snow" at checkout to get an additional 10% off the price (ontop of any sale price already on). Today only, that

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 08:55 PM
proberly just go fight shop

DanCrase
05-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Sports direct do lonsdale pro gloves for like 16 quid or something sparring gloves for like 10 pound and pads for again about a tenner.

I wouldnt go anywhere else for first gloves really at that price.

EDIT boxing obviously not MMA

I've had a go on those pads; they're shit. You'll bust em up before long; the big, flat, red focus mitts?

featherz
05-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes, i dont own them by the way, but i always thought lonsdale (before sports direct opened up and lonsdale went down the pan) were a decent boxing brand, my bad!

HendoUK
05-01-2010, 10:14 PM
i always thought that aswell but with sports direct buying them they have gone very cheap.

is fight shop the cheapest place to get sandee.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
06-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Depends what brand you need ~ the 10% offer for the bad weather has been extended until the weather clears up.

Put ' snow ' in at the check out of my site and the discount will be applied, shop is open as normal if you fancy a trip.

Bateman
06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
i always thought that aswell but with sports direct buying them they have gone very cheap.

is fight shop the cheapest place to get sandee.

Lonsdale do some great gloves, but the stuff sports direct do is cheap plactic vinyl shit. Go to a proper boxing shop and get decent Lonsdale gloves..

DanCrase
06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Yes, i dont own them by the way, but i always thought lonsdale (before sports direct opened up and lonsdale went down the pan) were a decent boxing brand, my bad!

Nah, don't worry mate!, like Bateman said, Lonsdale ARE a quality brand and do some excellent equipment, but the sports select stuff is their lower end stuff

MrHillman
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I have had a few MMA gloves in my time, I would recommend

Hayabusa Pro Hybrids. I use this a lot for training, very comfy and durable and are open palmed, so great for grappling.

http://www.fightshop.com/HAYABUSA---PRO-HYBRID-MMA-GLOVES-Product-1994.html

and I use Sandee sparring gloves, these are great too, for throwing head and body shots, nice and comfy too!

http://www.fightshop.com/SANDEE---MMA-SPARRING-GLOVE-Product-1558.html

When I started I bought some cheap gloves off ebay. RDX ones, awful. Copies of the older Hayabusa gloves, with the stapping across the palms, just very proor quality. But I suppose you get what you pay for.

Grizzly.
06-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I have RDX MMA Gloves and they are the comfiest fitting glove I have ever worn, much more than the UFC, caged steel, fairtex and Hayabusa. That would be my personal preference.

featherz
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
PFDR and RDX gloves going for about 16.99 on ebay, are these any good for first gloves, seems you can get shorts, gloves and mits for about 60 quid all in, cant be great quality but the sellers has over 35,000 sales with 99.6% good feedback.

Grizzly.
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
^ My sentiments exactly.

MrHillman
06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I just found that the RDX ones that the leather colour and the leather cracked and flaked away after using them for about 4, 2 hour training sessions. Great for begginers and new to mma, for the price and all. But I am Sandee and Busa all the way. To me there like Amex, I dont leave home without em...unless am at tesco's! :P

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
One things that hasn't been mentioned yet is one of the main purposes of any glove. To protect your sparring partner .
This is one of my main moans about the Hayabusa gear. Great design, exceptional build quality, look great but I think they're just way too hard (boxing gloves expecially) for their purpose.

I've got three pairs of Cleto Reyes. My 14ok lace up are the bollocks, but the 10oz elasticated wrist ones are shit. My Reyes bag gloves were steep and I'm not overly impressed with any thumbless bag glove but they rock on every other front, molded to my fist real well.
I also like my Fairtex and Sandee 14oz's, both recommended.

As for MMA sparring gloves - Tried around 6 different pairs and getting back to priorities, hand protection and partner protection, I'll be staying with my Fairtex until something else comes onto the market. Surprised that no one make an MMA sparring gloves with a lot more padding. Massive gap in the market for heavy hitters and heavyweights.

I've had or used most types, makes and designs of gloves; boxing, bag, mma, mma sparring and have no particular brand loyalties, just do my homework and see what works for me.

Oh, also I don't wrap my hands ever (and to keep my evil twin happy, though it's not advised blah blah blah) and I do see value in doing bagwork etc with no gloves every once in a while.

The Hands

Jamie Taylor
06-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I have had my fairtex mma gloves for years and they're still going strong.

As for sparring etc I like twins / sandee.

IceKid
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
rogue do pretty good MMA gloves imo

MrHillman
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
agreed the busa boxing gloves are a little hard, I have the 16oz ones and stopped using them, for light sparring the Sandee MMA 12oz works well for me and my partners.

With the Hybrid Pro by hayabusa, the glove itself is a lot softer than ever before. Like you say, Experimentation is the key, if you can afford it. As for where I live there is nowhere close for me to go and try out new gear :( so i had to pay for stuff, use em and store em if there not right.

As you say you dont wrap your hands ever? not even on the heavy bag? Just a question mate, as by the sounds of it, am not as experienced as you are, so any reason why not?

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
My new comedy 'Woman-Shaped' sparring gloves rock, too.
Here modelled by Michelle....

http://www.fistingpussyanal.com/teen-fisting/girls-fist-time.jpg

The Hands

ReD_mIst
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
lol @ Evil Twin!!!

Less than 4 months to go, Paul..... FOUR ZERO!

ReD_mIst
06-01-2010, 02:15 PM
rogue do pretty good MMA gloves imo

No they don't. The worst on the market by a long shot

featherz
06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
LOL really was that needed!

I just accidently ordered them RDX gloves off ebay, but i ordered a large by accident doh, iv mailed the seller and il try get a medium!

BlueRabbit
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
they are also available in black.

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Word, B-Rab !!!

The Hands

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 02:59 PM
As you say you dont wrap your hands ever? not even on the heavy bag? Just a question mate, as by the sounds of it, am not as experienced as you are, so any reason why not?

I bang out round after round on the heavy bag with no gloves. Takes a while to build it up though.
I came from when I competed Kyokushin after boxing, plus the regular straighteners.
After wrapping hands and using bulky boxing gloves it makes you used to punching with your hands in a false, padded curved 'C' shape rather than a tight balled fist. You can get away with it in gloves but bare-knuckle, you'll mash you hands to fuck.
I know people with a cracking jab, but take the gloves off them they end up smashing fuck out of their first set of knuckles and twisting their wrist.

Totally different skill set to punching properly with no gloves.

Disclaimer: If you do use a bag gloveless, you might have trouble fingering your grandchildren due to rheumatism when you're older.

The Hands

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
lol @ Evil Twin!!!

Less than 4 months to go, Paul..... FOUR ZERO!

Yeah, bit of a twat ain't it, A.
(Less so for you though, cos you've been acting like a grumpy middleaged cunt since you were 15, lol... :D )

Oh, and Rogue gloves do suck the big one.
Ewww, I just agreed with Aaron. Man, I feel dirty....

The Hands

DanCrase
06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I just accidently ordered them RDX gloves off ebay, but i ordered a large by accident doh, iv mailed the seller and il try get a medium!

You think THATS bad?, I just accidentally ordered them "woman shaped" gloves that Paul was on about, and I too, ordered them in a "large" by accident!......fat chicks :(

BlueRabbit
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
You think THATS bad?, I just accidentally ordered them "woman shaped" gloves that Paul was on about, and I too, ordered them in a "large" by accident!......fat chicks :(

At least you didn't order some "man shaped" gloves in an XXXXL.

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Here's the ones they make for women...

http://exxxlusive.com/wp-images/hdkfisting/hdk_fisting_6.jpg

The Hands

DanCrase
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
At least you didn't order some "man shaped" gloves in an XXXXL.

I was gonna, but the only colour they had them in was "Black" and, well, that's not my style

Bateman
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I bang out round after round on the heavy bag with no gloves. Takes a while to build it up though.
I came from when I competed Kyokushin after boxing, plus the regular straighteners.
After wrapping hands and using bulky boxing gloves it makes you used to punching with your hands in a false, padded curved 'C' shape rather than a tight balled fist. You can get away with it in gloves but bare-knuckle, you'll mash you hands to fuck.
I know people with a cracking jab, but take the gloves off them they end up smashing fuck out of their first set of knuckles and twisting their wrist.

Totally different skill set to punching properly with no gloves.

Disclaimer: If you do use a bag gloveless, you might have trouble fingering your grandchildren due to rheumatism when you're older.

The Hands

thats interesting , when I Box (Fight) I like my trainer to pack out my hands so they are nice and tight in the glove. I find if I spar with bigger gloves, 16/18oz my hand moves round in the glove. Do you not have this problem ?

Bateman
06-01-2010, 03:57 PM

I woudnt mind them in yellow

Dave78
06-01-2010, 05:36 PM

tell ya what though, for a short time sports direct on line had the everlast mma competition 4oz glove for 14!!!!! I tried to order them but they were sold out and have never been on there since :( .... i mean the proper everlast mma black and white ones! Must've been a one off thing (round the time they did the Randy competition!)

Dave78
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=140366800798
these ones

aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh....why cant i ever get pictures to work :(

featherz
06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I ordered the glove i didnt even want! I ordered the white ones with the red splat all over the front i only press buy to see if it would go to a payment page.

FAIL.

Dave78
06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I ordered the glove i didnt even want! I ordered the white ones with the red splat all over the front i only press buy to see if it would go to a payment page.

FAIL.

email them straight away, im sure they;ll switch them for a different design for ya

featherz
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes i sent them a message no reply yet.

sorted

MrHillman
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
i know which ones you mean, the sellers of RDX on ebay are very good, and will swap them no problem. Your after the white ones with just RDK in red on the top right? them be the ones i started with.

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
thats interesting , when I Box (Fight) I like my trainer to pack out my hands so they are nice and tight in the glove. I find if I spar with bigger gloves, 16/18oz my hand moves round in the glove. Do you not have this problem ?

Mastabateman, gloves come in different fits, like shoes so I tend to stick to a glove that is tighter fitting from the off, like my Sandee two tone.
Also, gloves stretch, so if you've always worn wraps, then you try them on with no wraps after, of course they're gonna seem big. Plus, if you're used to wearing wraps anything and any glove is gonne seem looser compared to the compressed feeling you're used to.

The Hands

Hands Of Stone
06-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Double-D Post....

Jak-TapouT-
07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
I bought some Like2Fight gloves a while back, iv had them for quite a while and use them 4 times a week. still in GREAT condition, they are comfortable and reletivly cheap in the scheme of things. The website is in my sig.

I'd recommend these gloves tbh.

Drake
07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I've googled around and found www.thaiboxingstore.co.uk the cheapest for sandee (unless one of the mma shops wants to match/beat em :P) - Gonna order some sandee ones tonight.

ReD_mIst
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I've googled around and found www.thaiboxingstore.co.uk the cheapest for sandee (unless one of the mma shops wants to match/beat em :P) - Gonna order some sandee ones tonight.

I reckon Fightshop will be able to match the price... it's only 2 difference

Drake
07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
2 is a pint! :P

ReD_mIst
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
2 is a pint! :P

Anyone buying boxing gloves, shouldn't be buying pints anyway.... :p

Drake
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Shots it is then! :D

Double_g
07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Just bought some punch town 14oz gloves there good quality and they look the bollocks in blue with the fracture design

HendoUK
07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Just orderd a pair of twins spider gloves which looks the nuts

Dave78
08-01-2010, 12:39 PM
tell ya what though, for a short time sports direct on line had the everlast mma competition 4oz glove for 14!!!!! I tried to order them but they were sold out and have never been on there since :( .... i mean the proper everlast mma black and white ones! Must've been a one off thing (round the time they did the Randy competition!)

Sports Direct have these back in now :) .... just ordered a few pairs for the club as 'pool' gloves (12.99) http://www.sportsdirect.com/Pages/ShowImage.aspx?Image=~/images/products/75313403_l.jpg&StyleName=Everlast+Grappling+Gloves&Price=%c2%a312.99

HendoUK
08-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I thought sports direct would do the randy collection but they don't

Galen Frost
08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I use Cleto Reyes bag gloves for pad/bag work, Rogue MMA Competition Pro Series MMA gloves & a pair of Twins 10oz dragon gloves for sparring.

cashmere
09-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Cleto Reyes are great for a 'proper' glove.

I wear the Throwdown ones for 'MMA' style. Good for training and hitting bags.

HendoUK
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
just orderd a pair of the twins spider gloves

Punchdrunk
10-01-2010, 06:21 AM
I like fairtex for mma style and use probox ones for sparring

HendoUK
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Fairtex are good ones I have had the ufc ones which lasted about a year and a half gonna order a pair of the sandee ones me think or the king ones they remind me of the pride glove.

phil
10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
fairtex mma gloves and cleto for bag and sparring,would only buy gloves from the good companies not some shitty little t-shirt supplier who has seen gap in the market and made cheap shit which busts hands

HendoUK
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
fairtex mma gloves and cleto for bag and sparring,would only buy gloves from the good companies not some shitty little t-shirt supplier who has seen gap in the market and made cheap shit which busts hands

Phil u have a very good point there but i would that the razorstorm gloves look pretty good.