PDA

View Full Version : Paul Taylor to Team Kaobon

wandshogun09
22-01-2010, 12:06 AM
From Fighters Only

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3812

Also mentions a possible drop to 155.I think this could be great for Paul.The move to Kaobon could help his ground game big time with Brigadeiro,Etim etc to train with.

Be interesting also to see how he'd fair at lightweight.I'd love to see him fight Melvin Guillard,Spencer Fisher or Sam Stout.

Jim_Williams
22-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Kaobon just seems to get better and better.

wandshogun09
22-01-2010, 12:15 AM
I agree.UK MMA as a whole is really coming on strong.So many great camps now over here with Wolfslair,Rough House,Kaobon,London Shoot etc

kissenger
22-01-2010, 12:26 AM
This is really fantastic. PT will improve on the ground and Etim will get another top quality sparring partner.

If he can get to 155, he should go for it. Too many monster wrestlers at 170.

AdamB
22-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Bantamweight:
Pietro Menga
Jay McGuiness

Featherweight:
Mick Sinclair
Mark Adams
Greg Severs

Lightweight:
Terry Etim
Paul Kelly
Paul Sass
Rob Sinclair
Martin Stapleton
Richie Downes
Uche Ihiekwe

Welterweight:
Mark Scanlon
Paul Taylor
Lee Chadwick
Jay Gladden
Jay Manning
Kam Atakuru

Middleweight:
Paul Cahoon
Carl Noon
Kev Axworthy

when you see that list, it shows just how much Kaobon is improving.. How much hard work Colin and Brigadeiro have put in ; and continue to do so... Luta Livre is taking over!!!!

marc goddard
22-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Excellent move for Paul - well done mate and all the best to you.

Kaobon strikes again. Top team.

londonpride
22-01-2010, 05:14 AM
another to move from wolfslair to kaobon, is there a reason for it? or have they just fancied a change. is kaobon overtaking the wolfslair as the premier camp in the uk?

LouieJ
22-01-2010, 09:31 AM
It's not just that list that is impressive for Kaoban but they will have a striving crop of talented juniors coming through that will no doubt be influanced and become just as successful as their seniors.

Predator
22-01-2010, 09:49 AM
another to move from wolfslair to kaobon, is there a reason for it? or have they just fancied a change. is kaobon overtaking the wolfslair as the premier camp in the uk?

Taylor is at UTC not Wolfslair as far as i know.

Also all this talk about camps taking over. Its not a competition lol.

theres alot of solid UK gyms now which raises the overall standard of UKMMA.

in 5-10 years time we are going to see some scary UK fighters because their amuater/Semi-pro fights would of been at a higher level then say 5 years ago.

fuse175
22-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Good move for Taylor, maybe abit late but good move none the less.

However I have concerns over his former gym 'UTC' who burst onto the scene in the last couple of years at the time boasting one of the then only signed UFC fighters...UTC claimed to have the best facilities in the UK & would seemingly attract the best of the best....
Now my list of their own fighters does not get past

1. Vaugh Harvey
2. Dan Korbley
3. Dave Hill

No disrespect to the lads, great fighters, I actually believe very underestimated fighters who all have big futures in MMA.

But surely this roster does not have the depth & experience to remain being known as a 'Top UK MMA Fight Team'...?

The sudden beginnings of UTC as a brand & financial corporate strategy they followed did seem abit business like for MMA & it is prove that you cannot 'BUY' great facilities & resources & suddenly become number #1. It takes years of growth, commitment & long term development to become successfully established in the world of MMA.

marc goddard
23-01-2010, 12:44 AM
For clarification Dave Hill is not UTC.

Dan Korbely
23-01-2010, 01:59 AM
And to clear it up, neither is Dan Korbely.

CHRIS ZORBA
23-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Good luck to Paul Taylor, a great addition to the ever growing kaobon fight team.

HendoUK
23-01-2010, 04:05 PM
isnt utc his own gym?

Scott'TheRock'
23-01-2010, 05:25 PM
And to clear it up, neither is Dan Korbely.

I guess the jitsu at team supreme cannock wasnt of a hi enough calibur to maintain his training there.

Paul taylor and Jon Roberts make decisions for Pauls future. Being the head of the fight team at utc i can say we have endless up and coming talent for the future and we are a young team and we are taking our time to mature our guys like other long standing clubs have done.

I'd also like to hear from Jon on this being the head coach at utc and pauls manager im sure he can enlighten us as to why Paul has joined koabon and left the cannock gym.

Dan Korbely
23-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Aha no need to turn it personal Scott, think my jitsus a little better than yours ;), I trained with Paul at Cannock, still train with him, hes a good friend, and i think Kaobon is a very very good move for him. Who can argue with the calibre of the guys there. I think what people are getting at is how UTC has been over sold to them...especially now your saying Paul didnt train there?

And Team Supreme Cannock is sound too mate

Eugene Fadiora
Harvey Harra
Dan Korbely
Nick Nembhard
Andy Stone
Joe Whelan
Phil Faulkner
Nick Fadiora
Dave Watson
James Hines
Shaun Cheadle
Kieran Beattie

plus more fighting semi-pro and in the amature ranks. We still got a team dude.

Brett
23-01-2010, 07:07 PM
There can be no doubt that this is a good move for Paul, Kaobon is one of the top gyms in the country with a great depth of fighters, if you're the best fighter in your gym it only makes sense to move on in order to keep learning. The benefits are already apparant from the classes Paul has been teaching at the cannock gym since his move. As a friend and just as a general fan of MMA i wish him all the best

mack3333
23-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Is Paul still with the UFC? If so, any word of an upcoming fight?
I think 155 would be a very good move for him.

Dan Korbely
23-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Ye, Paul is still contracted with UFC, no word yet on who his next opponent is. Look forward to seeing the much improved, more confident Paul Taylor when he makes his 155 debut.

david.j.
23-01-2010, 09:36 PM
you got any fights lined up dan?

Dan Korbely
23-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Na mate, not at the minute. Taking my time lol been prety busy lately running the team fighting out of Cannock and things. What about you?

john joe
23-01-2010, 10:12 PM

paul taylor isnt from the wolfslair, he is/was based in/around Birmingham. Some of his backroom team have ties to Kaobon.

john joe
23-01-2010, 10:13 PM
And Team Supreme Cannock is sound too mate
Harvey Harra

plus more fighting semi-pro and in the amature ranks. We still got a team dude.

whens harvey harra fighting again? Like watching him.

MMAlien
24-01-2010, 12:18 AM
whens harvey harra fighting again? Like watching him.

I know i know! and it's a corker!

Dan Korbely
24-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Harvey will be fighting soon enough, nothing booked yet though.

Jim_Williams
24-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Taylor and Kelly training together will be awesome.

Bet they'll have some fucking wars behind the scenes.

Scott'TheRock'
24-01-2010, 12:59 AM
155 would be best for paul now as they seem monsters at ww.

Scott'TheRock'
24-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Aha no need to turn it personal Scott, think my jitsus a little better than yours ;), I trained with Paul at Cannock, still train with him, hes a good friend, and i think Kaobon is a very very good move for him. Who can argue with the calibre of the guys there. I think what people are getting at is how UTC has been over sold to them...especially now your saying Paul didnt train there?

I never said he didnt train at utc, he did know and then.

Taylor wasnt the selling point for the gym, the gym was.

But anyway i wish paul the best and hope he does well in his next fights

stevieb
24-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Hey Dan. What happened to Tom Kozlowski? He was always involved in some great scraps and havent heard of him in a while.

Dan Korbely
24-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey Dan. What happened to Tom Kozlowski? He was always involved in some great scraps and havent heard of him in a while.

He moved back to Poland, shame really, he was a great addition to the team.

steve_langford
24-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Phil Faulkner and Jim Hines moving to Supreme was a great move!

Brett
24-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Phil Faulkner and Jim Hines moving to Supreme was a great move!

I've been training a fair it with Phil since he joined, he's great guy to have around the place and has stacks of talent, all the guys that have come over from Wolfpack have fitted in well and brought some new aspects that have helped the team as a whole

steve_langford
26-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I've been training a fair it with Phil since he joined, he's great guy to have around the place and has stacks of talent, all the guys that have come over from Wolfpack have fitted in well and brought some new aspects that have helped the team as a whole

Im glad to hear it. Me and Phil go way back! I have some great memories of when we first started training together. he uses to amaze me how quickly he learned things and his natural talent is superb. I can only imagine he will go far with Team Supreme.

Ask him about when I whizzered him at the old gym and dropped him on his head! We all stopped for a few minutes and thought I had killed the poor lad!

fun times.