PDA

View Full Version : MMA Clubs in South Wales??

Missrhianl
30-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey guys,

Im Rhian im interested in starting MMA/Jujitsu but cant really find a club local, im based in Rhondda.

I went to check out a club in Talbot Green but it was too packed and not alot of room to do anything there due to the size of the club and also the numbers who showed up. And i have heard this is the only club in Rhondda as the next one is Cardiff or Barry but its too far out of the way for me.

Let me know anyway :O)

Hands Of Stone
30-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Rhi. What, who, where is the club in Talbot Green ?
That's four minutes from my gaff.

Other than that bit of info, if you wanna come down to our gym in Cardiff, I'll run you down there for a few weeks to see if we can get you addicted.

The Hands

Missrhianl
30-01-2010, 08:55 PM
It was Eagles Muay Thai Kickboxing, it was in a unit on an industrial estate, im looking to do kickboxing and jujitsu, there is one in my valley in Pontygwaith street style jujitsu, think ill have 2 pop in cause i went there about 1yr ago 2 see if i could go there, but stuff came up with work, so had to put it on hold.

lee kru
30-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Dont go anywhere with Jenkins........................................... ..................

Be wary, very very wary :-)

Hands Of Stone
30-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Shhhhhhhhh !!!!!
(Closer, my pretty. Closer....)

The Hands

GreekGod
30-01-2010, 11:53 PM
It was Eagles Muay Thai Kickboxing, it was in a unit on an industrial estate, im looking to do kickboxing and jujitsu, there is one in my valley in Pontygwaith street style jujitsu, think ill have 2 pop in cause i went there about 1yr ago 2 see if i could go there, but stuff came up with work, so had to put it on hold.

That would be Fight Academy Wales more than likely (Pontyclun Industrial Estate) they have Thai Boxing there a few days a week and Boxing and some very good Strength/Conditioning classes. StreetStyle is taught in Pontygwaith with Mark Hollaway, there's Judo in Ystrad Sport Centre and also Judo and Streetstyle JiuJitsu at the Abergorki in Treorchy, also.. there's a club that does some rlli good padwork and Panatukan (Phillipino Dirty Boxing) .. kick boxing, quite a few different things .. that is in Cwmparc Hall..

Hope that helps, any more info needed just ask xD

GreekGod

Missrhianl
03-02-2010, 12:07 AM
with that kickboxing and jujitsu over in treorchy an cwmparc hall is for fitness or do some of them compete?? as i know alot of classes has started an they r just fitness (silly in a way) but im lookin for a good class for jujitsu an kickboxin tha i can start, so i can get fitter lose the weight an hopefully compete, do u know wat days an times they start an how much per session it is :O)

MMAlien
03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Hey Rhi, i go Cardiff on a Wednesdays and swansea on a sunday for brazilian jujitsu if you wanted a lift down!

ade76
03-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Hey Rhi, i go Cardiff on a Wednesdays and swansea on a sunday for brazilian jujitsu if you wanted a lift down!

:rolleyes: don't listen to him by training he means going once a month :p

MMAlien
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
:rolleyes: don't listen to him by training he means going once a month :p

Pah, i trained more times in the last month than you have in the last year ;)

Rob T
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Ricky has been a regular at the Sunday classes this year :)

Missrhianl
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
wat wud u recommend 2 do first then muay thai kickboxing or street style jujitsu?? do u think it wud make a difference?? as im guna try an stat the both, its just some ppl have said do jujitsu for a few months first then kickboxing, so i dun really know bit confused.

Esputahlo
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
if your interested , at celtic pride in abertillery , we offer both BJJ and Muay thai , and your first classes are free if you want to pop over :)

Missrhianl
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
iv been doin some research on the net come across these 2 just want to know if anyone ever heard of them or would recommend them:
scorpions kickboxin
WCKA

Hands Of Stone
04-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Get in your car and do some cold calling.
"Mind if I watch your session ? I'm thinking of training etc....'

Look at facilities, other chicks training, how they treat the other beginners, do they follow a 'syllabus', fees, how they spar, do they split beginners and competitive fighters, gut feelings.

Then add me on msm... :D

The Hands

bazzab
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Paul I am joining your beginner session at the end of the month. Looking forward to it. If its cool with you then I will pop over the gym at some point to see how it works.

Cheers

angelus
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I popped down to Paul's class on Friday night and it was very beginner friendly. The experienced trainers and club name can seem intimidating for some newcomers but it was a very friendly club and a good session.

I look forward to getting stuck in again on Wednesday. Cheers Paul.

scott86
08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
hey guys,im looking to start MMA up ASAP! anybody training at Triple MA in splott and is it any good?im from St.mellons so cardiff or newport clubs are good for me?
thanks

taffdragon
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM

street style in pontygwaith is a good club. like greekgod said mark hollaway teaches there. at the moment no other girls train there so you might want to bring a friend if you start. every monday and thursday 6:30pm with beginers on a wednesday as well.

it also has a boxing room (punch bags and stuff) and cardio room (running machines etc) and its a big weights gym as well if your into that kinda thing. :D

d0ugbug
08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
WCKA Is a good club but if you can get to Aberdare Sobels centre there is an old TKD instructor of mine who now runs a kickboxing club I think has some good up and coming full contact fighters as well check them out here (http://www.valleyskickboxing.co.uk/)

angelus
08-02-2010, 05:50 PM
hey guys,im looking to start MMA up ASAP! anybody training at Triple MA in splott and is it any good?im from St.mellons so cardiff or newport clubs are good for me?
thanks

I went to 1 session in Triple MA a couple of weeks ago. The instructor and other guys were freindly. Had a particularly thinky technical session that night. It was a good session.

lew2
09-02-2010, 05:20 PM
n e 1 one travel to newport mma in roggy able 2 give me lift to training mon wed fri sat eres my num o7775178264 live at bottom af alway by roundabout

GreekGod
09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
n e 1 one travel to newport mma in roggy able 2 give me lift to training mon wed fri sat eres my num o7775178264 live at bottom af alway by roundabout

Post when you're sober and can spell. You may get a bit of sense thata way.

GG

rhys-john
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

Im Rhian im interested in starting MMA/Jujitsu but cant really find a club local, im based in Rhondda.

I went to check out a club in Talbot Green but it was too packed and not alot of room to do anything there due to the size of the club and also the numbers who showed up. And i have heard this is the only club in Rhondda as the next one is Cardiff or Barry but its too far out of the way for me.

Let me know anyway :O)
the jujitsu club in talbot green is the sport centre, its really good, iv been going about 3-4 months and i have picked it up really quick the grappling part is amazing

mark81
27-11-2010, 12:59 AM
does anyone know any mma clubs near blaenavon??? dont drive unfortunately

General H
27-11-2010, 12:27 PM
www.falconsmartialarts.com

shakus maximus
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
does anyone know any mma clubs near blaenavon??? dont drive unfortunately

carl parker runs a club in blaenavon mate. some very good lads training there