PDA

View Full Version : Gloves for a Newbie

angelus
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I've just started training and am looking to get a decent set of MMA gloves. Is there anything I should be particularly looking for or looking to avoid?

I want something cheap (obviously) but i dont really know at what point cheap becomes nasty. Any tips?

d0ugbug
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
where you training?

angelus
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I've done one session with triple MA and will be going to Dogs of War this Friday.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
look at clearance gloves ~ but you will find only certain sizes available eg Ex Large these would do you as a start.

The problem is - getting a good pair now would mean breaking them in and having them for a while.

what I sell ( been tested ) Caged Steel & Sandee the 2 biggest brands that I have sold in well over 3 years.

Then Like 2 Fight , SMAI currenlty on offer ( slow sellers ) Razzor storm ( waiitng on more stock ) all very good brands.

My customers choose the gloves they like the feel of but if you cant get to shop ask your team mates if you can try on their gloves and make up your own mind as what is good for one fighter if not good for another.

angelus
02-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Cheers for that.

I was also torn between the convenience of internet shopping and the uncertainty of whether they will fit. I think i'll get my first pair in a shop somewhere so i can try them.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I get fighters in my shop that come for one size and style and leave with a different size and style as they find the fit is better or they look better.