PDA

View Full Version : first welsh fighter to get into the UFC?

MMAlien
16-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Thoughts guys? Just a bit of fun....who do you think will be the first welshman to get on a UFC card?

Chris Clarke
16-04-2010, 10:01 AM
John Phillips once he dispatches Paul Cahoon, Alex Makhonin and Allan Love.

bravo321
16-04-2010, 01:21 PM
as above john phillips

Nimmy
16-04-2010, 01:27 PM
is denzil welsh?

Scott
16-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm putting Joe Duffy out there, what the latest on his TUF 12 audition?

Rear Naked Choke
16-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Is John Phillips the guy who weighed 5kg over the weight limit recently when meant to be fighting Allan Love?? Serious question. Apologies if incorrect.

Nimmy
16-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Is John Phillips the guy who weighed 5kg over the weight limit recently when meant to be fighting Allan Love?? Serious question. Apologies if incorrect.

yeah i think he was about 11 - 12lbs over

iandean
16-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm putting Joe Duffy out there, what the latest on his TUF 12 audition?

Be a crime if Duffy gets there before Denzil imo

MMAlien
16-04-2010, 02:07 PM
IMO Denzil with a record of 17 wins and 6 losses and all his wins coming inside the distance. plus with an experience management team backing him in warrior promotions who have strong links with the UFC aswell as a strong roster who are already part of the UFC in Andre Winner and Ross Pearson.

Also if Duffy gets through to the TUF trials he stands a strong chance of winning it.

Zack Jones who is bassed in Dubai has expressed interest in try outs for the midle east series of the ultimate fighter.

John Philips keeps going the way he is knocking people out left right and center he should get there too.

Neggy and Tim Newman have strong management who are building links with the UFC, if they get back on the winning streak they stand a chance.

The tillary boys marshman, kris and mcdonough show promise, young hungry guys....mcdonough and kris could be potential WEC fighters in the future.

Lewis Long HAS SOME SKILLS.....still young at 21 who will go far at what ever martial art he chooses, he is entering the welsh closed wrestling championships on sunday and will take away the gold and represent wales in the commonwealth games in india later this year.

that's my two penneth!

falcon77kg
16-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Be a crime if Duffy gets there before Denzil imo

why exactly would it be a crime considering duffy beat denzil twice?

(no disprepect to deszil, i would be happy as the next person if he made it but curious to your statment)

iandean
16-04-2010, 06:42 PM

(no disprepect to deszil, i would be happy as the next person if he made it but curious to your statment)

First off Denzil has been around Europe and even the states to fight and has took on some of the VERY best Europe has to offer

Whilst Duffy is unbeaten, he's not fought the quality that Denzil has.

Plus two mickey mouse ammy matches several years ago means nothing

If you're up for it there is a spot on a proper professional show on may 22nd with Denzil's name on it. Feel free to put Duffy's name forward if you like?

Rob T
16-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Denzil has beaten much higher quality opposition at pro. Duffy is still building his career.

falcon77kg
16-04-2010, 06:52 PM
First off Denzil has been around Europe and even the states to fight and has took on some of the VERY best Europe has to offer

Whilst Duffy is unbeaten, he's not fought the quality that Denzil has.

Plus two mickey mouse ammy matches several years ago means nothing

If you're up for it there is a spot on a proper professional show on may 22nd with Denzil's name on it. Feel free to put Duffy's name forward if you like?

you took that a bit harshly didnt you?

i only asked you why, i didnt ask for an argument, ive got your answer so will leave it at that thanks

and as i said before i would be happy for any of the welsh lads to make it to the ufc.

iandean
16-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I was about as defensive as you was to be honest...but bring up the ammy fights is a tad irreverent.

I'm looking at this on several angles to be fair...I manage denzil and i'm doing a show, plus i think Duffy has yet to be tested.

A possible fight on May 22nd kills several birds with 1 stone imo ;)

falcon77kg
16-04-2010, 07:00 PM
fair enough if i came across that way to you then i apologise, as for a fight on may 22nd its not for me to speak on joe's behalf so i cant help you there.

on a side note has denzil managed to get a flight for his upcoming fight yet?

iandean
16-04-2010, 07:04 PM
fair enough if i came across that way to you then i apologise, as for a fight on may 22nd its not for me to speak on joe's behalf so i cant help you there.

on a side note has denzil managed to get a flight for his upcoming fight yet?

Ohhhh Subtle :)

...well Duffy's people know where to find me...i'm sadly on the interweb 19 hours a day :/

As for Denzil...i sadly lost the battle against this particular instance of Force majeure.

But Denzil will battle on...i got no doubt there are plenty of top fights for him ahead

James-w
16-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I think wales is never going to have a fighter in the UFC, Denzil is awesome, so is Philips, great records, fought all over. but I just feel the welsh are overlooked, and even with the best management wont get anywhere, I think the welsh fans put the UFC off tbh

Rob T
16-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Wtf is that about? lol

bravo321
16-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I think wales is never going to have a fighter in the UFC, Denzil is awesome, so is Philips, great records, fought all over. but I just feel the welsh are overlooked, and even with the best management wont get anywhere, I think the welsh fans put the UFC off tbh

LOL @ you, just lol

James-w
16-04-2010, 08:27 PM
LOL @ you, just lol

you agree?

bravo321
16-04-2010, 08:30 PM
NO, I am just one of the welsh fans you seem to know so much about.

James-w
16-04-2010, 08:34 PM
NO, I am just one of the welsh fans you seem to know so much about.

so you understand where im coming from then? and why Dana wont have any welsh guys?

bravo321
16-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Yawn James Yawn

GreekGod
16-04-2010, 08:52 PM
so you understand where im coming from then? and why Dana wont have any welsh guys?

Dana doesn't OWN the UFC.. it's not his SOLE decision.

If the Fighters are producing amazing fights.. they will be considered, no matter the nationality! He already has a welsh dude working for him as part of the UFC team.. so he doesn't have anything against the Welsh.

GG

MMAlien
16-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Lol @ james trolling....it's what he does best....I reckon a welsh lad will get to the UFC before anyone of his managed fighters haha ;-)

James-w
16-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Lol @ james trolling....it's what he does best....I reckon a welsh lad will get to the UFC before anyone of his managed fighters haha ;-)

I have a dude in the WEC! that count?:D

MMAlien
16-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Paul jenkins was in the WEC checkmait!!!

shakus maximus
16-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Duffy lives in wales but is irish
there is a huge irish population in the usa and i think if he gets in they will market him very well.

duffy vs denzil would be a great match up on any show. both are far better fighters than when they both fought previously. i think both would be at home in he ufc.

with regard to Duffy i think he will be the first guy from the uk to win a ufc title. just my thoughts.

thanks for the comment on my young lads but they are a long way from that level yet, but we are slowly making our way up to it;)

we will have a few top drawer boyos fighting out of Tillery Combat in the future

MMAlien
16-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Bold statement there shaky about Duffy....not going to dismiss your opinion as I believe it was you who said Brock Lesner would be the UFC heavy weight champ....you were right then...would be insane if you were right again!

Scott
17-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I forgot joe i'd Irish sorry!

iandean
17-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Duffy lives in wales but is irish
there is a huge irish population in the usa and i think if he gets in they will market him very well.

duffy vs denzil would be a great match up on any show. both are far better fighters than when they both fought previously. i think both would be at home in he ufc.

with regard to Duffy i think he will be the first guy from the uk to win a ufc title. just my thoughts.

thanks for the comment on my young lads but they are a long way from that level yet, but we are slowly making our way up to it;)

we will have a few top drawer boyos fighting out of Tillery Combat in the future

What's Duffy's record? As Sherdog only have him as 5-0

shakus maximus
18-04-2010, 12:26 AM
What's Duffy's record? As Sherdog only have him as 5-0

6-0 i believe

mad mike
20-04-2010, 03:35 PM

. . . . . . .