http://www.sportsdirect.com/shock-doctor-gel-max-mouth-guard-760005

C.K.A.Martial Arts
15-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Opro every day of the week.

There are 5 different versions

Bronze ~ starting Level ~ semi contact karate etc
Silver ~ Ju Jitsu /BJJ - Kick Boxing ~ were a contact is made
Gold & Gold Premium ~ heavy impact ~ MMA, Thai, Boxing etc
Platinum ~ latest gum shield from Opro and the best boil and bite technology.
Custom Fit ~ the best fit you can get - just have to mould it your self and wait for it.

dont forget to use your discount code - " cage warriors " for a 10% discount of retail.

Opro Custom are on offer for June

CraigSt.Clair
15-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Are the customs worth the extra cash? I don't plan on fighting anytime soon lol if at all :p

Romeoblood
15-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Are the customs worth the extra cash? I don't plan on fighting anytime soon lol if at all :p

I had a custom OPRO before, it was awesome, well worth the money, order it from CKA for 25 quid (only for june)

Reedy
16-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Ive just got opro gold Scottish one and i like it, Just the right size.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
16-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Custom are the best ~ simply because they fit you perfectly and to be honest woorth the 35.00 RRP and the fact that you are getting it for 25.00 ( got shed loads but sales have died since the new Opro Platinum came out ) for the month of June as they are on Promotion.

If you are serious about training then Custom Fit or if you just want a great boil and Bote then Go with Gold/Gold Premium or the new Opro Platinum - which has the latest in Boil and Bite Technology

BenA
16-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Custom fit or gold?
I'm only 17 and my teeth still move about a bit so will the custom fit become redundant if they move?

featherz
16-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I ordered the gold off of CKA, fitted great, and came just before my first mma class yesterday, thanks for that CKA nice and quick delivery, plus delivery free.

Romeoblood
16-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Custom fit or gold?
I'm only 17 and my teeth still move about a bit so will the custom fit become redundant if they move?

OPRO have a new platinum one, its 20 quid, but supposed to be the best in the boil and bite market

C.K.A.Martial Arts
16-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Ben ~ as you are still have baby teeth I would go with a Boil and Bite is your only using it for Class Work ~ But Custom if your at Comp Level as they are the best fit.

BenA
16-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi Ben ~ as you are still have baby teeth I would go with a Boil and Bite is your only using it for Class Work ~ But Custom if your at Comp Level as they are the best fit.

It's not baby teeth its just dentists say your mouth keeps changing until you are 21 or so. They are all adult teeth, including wisdoms but from photo's etc its seems they move since i had my braces off (3 years ago). I was just wondering whether it matter or this is just normal for everyone.
I compete at amt looking to go semi-pro within a year. is the boil and bite still best?

george
16-06-2010, 08:56 PM
It's not baby teeth its just dentists say your mouth keeps changing until you are 21 or so. They are all adult teeth, including wisdoms but from photo's etc its seems they move since i had my braces off (3 years ago). I was just wondering whether it matter or this is just normal for everyone.
I compete at amt looking to go semi-pro within a year. is the boil and bite still best?

you should be wearing a retainer after your ortho work. if not contact your dentsit and get one asap otherwise your teeth will move around over time-even adult teeth- which it shouldnt be doing and wont do if you get/have a retainer.
iF ANYONE IS REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT TRAINING THEY SHOULD BE INVESTING IN A REAL CUSTOM MOUTHGUARD. Not an expensive boil and bite type

C.K.A.Martial Arts
16-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Ben A ~ it was a joke my friend

Custom Fit is the best sheild you can buy and wear but you would be surprised how many fighters that come into my shop and wont pay any thing more than 4.00 never mind 35.00 ( 25.00 for June )

Boil and Bite sell faster simply because the number of people that start Martial Arts and need one straight away and they loose them numerous times and thats why they pick up a new sheild on a regular basis

Decent Boil and Bite Shields are very good if you mould them correctly but they are never going to beat custom fit.

george
16-06-2010, 10:22 PM
test esttesttest

Gareth
16-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Ben A ~ it was a joke my friend

Custom Fit is the best sheild you can buy and wear but you would be surprised how many fighters that come into my shop and wont pay any thing more than 4.00 never mind 35.00 ( 25.00 for June )

Boil and Bite sell faster simply because the number of people that start Martial Arts and need one straight away and they loose them numerous times and thats why they pick up a new sheild on a regular basis

Decent Boil and Bite Shields are very good if you mould them correctly but they are never going to beat custom fit.

You do the custom fit ones where you get sent the moulds and then send them off to Opro to get them made for 25? Am I reading that right? That is an absolute steal, I got mine from Opro direct a few years ago and it still fits perfect and is by far worth every penny. I only use it for BJJ now and can't recommend them enough.

TroJon
16-06-2010, 11:07 PM
My shock doctors (the 20 ones) fit better than the ones my dentist made.

It's the same across- shock docs and the gel DIY mould jobs go around all the actual teeth etc. "Custom" dental ones are more like clasps around the top of the teeth/gums imo.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
19-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes the Opro Custom Pack is what youi get from Opro and what the Dentist does but charges you 3 times the price.

The offer is finishing come the end of June so if your in the market for a new sheild then dont delay.

Rob T
19-06-2010, 03:57 PM
My shock doctors (the 20 ones) fit better than the ones my dentist made.

It's the same across- shock docs and the gel DIY mould jobs go around all the actual teeth etc. "Custom" dental ones are more like clasps around the top of the teeth/gums imo.

Sounds like your dentist sucks.

Everyone should get a custom fit, even if just for BJJ training. Really, 4 vs. 35... it is not much difference for the sake of your teeth.

Romeo
20-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Jesus Christ, CKA is offering such a steal of an offer. 25 for an OPRO custom.

huffy
20-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Keen to get a custom one to see what the fuss is about.

Only question is once you have made the mould and sent it back to them, how much more is it for the custom designs etc - looked on website and couldnt work it out.

Thanks in advance!

J-Sho
21-06-2010, 07:14 AM
http://www.opro.com/

I have an Opro - excellent, far far better than the various shock doctors i have had in terms of fit, comfort, ease of breathing.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
21-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Opro are a bit of a pain in the arse with regards the prices for the more custom finishes. I would keep it simple and go with the standard block colours. You want the shield to do a job not look fancy and for what extra you are goin to pay on custom design you could buy another standard colour and have a spare.

Just my thought.

ps the Promotion is finishing at the end of June as the rep is collecting all the excess stock and is replacing them with Platinum.

the question of cost of shield to teeth ~ I went arse over tit doing snow boarding and the cost of a broken tooth was 85.00 - the next time I am boarding I am wearing my shield.

BenA
21-06-2010, 04:54 PM
With the opro customs, what else do you have to do (eg. send it to them etc.) and how much more does it cost?

C.K.A.Martial Arts
21-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi Ben

You simply mould it ( using the all the gear in the pack ) then fill out the application form plus add any other info - design aspects etc ( which are more expensive ) - then pop it in the bag supplied and simply pay for the postage to get it to them which should cost about 1.50 at the most.

7 to 14 days and they send the shield back.

They are great price for a great shield but start to get expensive the more details you add.

Temeura
21-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I'll be ordering one of those Opro's as soon as I get paid on the 28th!

C.K.A.Martial Arts
21-06-2010, 10:50 PM
got shed loads in at the moment so not going to run out and dont forgot to use the code

Temeura
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Ordered my Opro gum shield kit from CKA on Thursday night and received it this morning. Fantastic service!

It is just a shame that I am a retard and somehow managed to do the moulding wrong!! At least I managed to do the Opro Bronze boil & bite correctly.

C.K.A.Martial Arts
06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
send the pack back to Opro with your name and address and what went wrong and they will send a replacment out

ps tell them you bought it from me - just dont tell them how much you paid

evertonfc1986
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Best Mouthguard I've used, bought it after reading this thread and defo happy with it.
Thanks CKA

Temeura
06-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I rang them yesterday and they are sending me some more putty out. Not a major problem, just a slight delay!

To be fair, the Bronze Gum Shield they give you is not too bad.