PDA

View Full Version : Shay Walsh Wins At Ikon 3; Gets McGurk Next

deano92
31-07-2010, 10:57 AM
BritMMA.co.uk caught up with Shay Walsh after his victory over Danny Welsh at Ikon 4. He's back in the gym now and raring to go again; next time out against the 5-2 Pete McGurk at Fight Stars in September!!!

"The break's over for me," asserted Walsh. "The only difference with training will be to work around peaking, because I'm still quite a few weeks away from the fight. At this time, I don't have to go mega hard on my cardio, but I can concentrate on trying to keep a little bit of weight on, and get a bit stronger. Then, I can work on the explosiveness and speed when it gets closer.

"When you're quite far from a fight, I can just go in the gym and work on everything; on every single aspect and improve that way. When we have got an opponent confirmed though, which will obviously happen closer to the day, we can start work on a specific gameplan. From there, everything should have hopefully got that little bit better since the last fight."

Check the whole thing out here!!! http://britmma.co.uk/#/walsh-wins-fast-at-ikon-3/4542788159

Death wish
31-07-2010, 11:03 AM
sahy is a good fighter and a top lad glad to seee him doing well

mickey bow
31-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I can see Shay doin a number on McGurk here

CHRIS ZORBA
31-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Shay is a big prospect- He fights hometown favourite Pete Mcgurk 6-2-0 on Fightstars 6- Nottingham Oceana.

Sherlock
01-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Love Shay, he is awesome as a fighter and person. He's faught on all 3 of my shows and always been a true professional but unfortunately not on my next show as he's in Nottingham, where I hope to go show my support.

widge milward
01-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Very good prospect and seems to have his head screwed on regarding his career and progression.

Wish him all the best.

hurricane
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
good luck shay