PDA

View Full Version : street style jiu jitsu

master-exploder
24-08-2010, 05:53 PM
ive been wanting to get into MMA for some time now. theres SSJJ club in pontygwaith, Rhondda. Is this place any good? its the closest club to me to its the most convenient one i know of. saying that, its the only one i know of other than traveling to cardiff. ive done a bit of thai and now i just wanna get in a cage. Any info on this club or any other near ones would be greatly appreciated ;)

Shortstack
24-08-2010, 06:06 PM
that sounds like itll be japanese jui jitsu and from my experience these are the guys are most disrespectful to mma and other martial arts in general

master-exploder
24-08-2010, 11:10 PM
that sounds like itll be japanese jui jitsu and from my experience these are the guys are most disrespectful to mma and other martial arts in general

its not japanese jiu jitsu no, mark holloway is tha coach there, ive heard good things about this place, just thought id ask u guys

wagon
27-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I know Mark and trained with him a few years ago. There is an SSJJ in Treorchy at the abergorki hall (run by Chris Griffiths, Paul Morris and Tyrone Kelly). SSJJ is Mark Burridges organisation

They do self defence Jujitsu and also MMA, no-gi submission grappling, quite a few of the boys there have boxed, competed in Judo and MMA. Quite a few very good Welsh MMA fighters started at SSJJ..Denzil, Kevin Reed, Alex Evans to name a few.

Kevin Reed I belive also runs a submissions grappling / MMA class at the Bomb club, not sure what days though.

Shortstack
27-08-2010, 11:12 PM
fair play mate my bad had a "street self defense jiu jitsu" club near me was filled with the most arrogant arseholes ive met whod always talk about "real fights" like a wrist lock could defeat everything

shakus maximus
01-09-2010, 08:48 PM
ive a lot of respect for mark and budgie
they have had lads fighting on the mma circuit since 2004
tough bunch of fellas with a good attitude

master-exploder
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
can anyone get me a contact number for this place or mark? cheers

shakus maximus
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
ive just pm'd the number to you

taffdragon
13-09-2010, 11:21 AM
@master-exploder, did you go to ssjj in pontygwaith and have a look?

master-exploder
15-09-2010, 09:26 PM
@master-exploder, did you go to ssjj in pontygwaith and have a look?

nah i havnt been yet mate, i hurt me knee out one night, s'almost better now tho.

n cheers for the number! ill give em a call tomorro.