PDA

View Full Version : Knee Pads for MMA

Burnzie
17-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Anyone use them?

I'm having trouble with my knees - due to already having damaged cartilage & new harder mats at the gym not helping.

Can anyone recommend ones they are using?

scrappymma
17-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Google fumetsu, they work well for my dodgy old knees.

Josh Palmer
17-11-2010, 03:13 PM
I have several pairs of simple rogue kneepads. Do a good job and also fine under a gi when grappling.

Note: For actuall MMA competition it's technicaly illegal to wear them as they provide padding. You can wear stuff that supports not pads...not that any UK show would actually pull you up on it.

Burnzie
17-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Note: For actuall MMA competition it's technicaly illegal to wear them as they provide padding. You can wear stuff that supports not pads...not that any UK show would actually pull you up on it.

cheers! I would only be using them for training anyway.

Burnzie
17-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Ideally a pair that didnt move around much? nothing worse than having to keep pulling them up.

Romeoblood
17-11-2010, 03:36 PM
fumetsu knee pads are the way to go mate

gnp clothing have just launched a pair, i havnt tried them though, so cant comment on how good they are

Dave78
17-11-2010, 03:39 PM
As others have said Fumetsu are great value/quality

if an ulimited budget then go for Brute Torque rassling knee pads!

Jak-TapouT-
17-11-2010, 03:45 PM
fumetsu knee pads are the way to go mate

gnp clothing have just launched a pair, i havnt tried them though, so cant comment on how good they are

http://cagewarriors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59986

Quality knee pads from GNP

Zanmato
17-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I have these:

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT041549/Uhlsport_Alligartor_Knee_Protectors.htm

They're meant for goalkeepers on astroturf pitches, but they're really substantial and seem to grip the leg well. They might start to unroll if you're trying to work your way out of a tight half guard or something but nothing is completely frictionless, there's always going to be a bit of that.

They're the only pair I have had so I can't say for sure, but I really like them. I bought 2 as the Neoprene knee protectors I bought only came as a single unit, so I bought 2, which gave me 4 protectors. I can't even be bothered sending them back, still got them in their packaging and were only used once for about 20 mins when a guy at the gym wanted to try them.

If you think they look alright, or read good things online or anything I could send you my spares for 15 (free p&p)?

Jay Evans
17-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Spotted some on GNP Clothing earlier today that I might get ..... I ninjad Savilles and destroyed them lol

C.K.A.Martial Arts
17-11-2010, 04:59 PM
if your not on to much of a budget then its got to be Brute Neoprene as they are designer thin but padded enough for any work out.

PM me some more info ( leg size etc ) and I will sort you a price out mate

Deepthroat
17-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I find two pampers simply dry work better.

Dave78
18-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I have these:

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT041549/Uhlsport_Alligartor_Knee_Protectors.htm

They're meant for goalkeepers on astroturf pitches, but they're really substantial and seem to grip the leg well. They might start to unroll if you're trying to work your way out of a tight half guard or something but nothing is completely frictionless, there's always going to be a bit of that.

They're the only pair I have had so I can't say for sure, but I really like them. I bought 2 as the Neoprene knee protectors I bought only came as a single unit, so I bought 2, which gave me 4 protectors. I can't even be bothered sending them back, still got them in their packaging and were only used once for about 20 mins when a guy at the gym wanted to try them.

If you think they look alright, or read good things online or anything I could send you my spares for 15 (free p&p)?

they look really good! :D

Burnzie
18-11-2010, 01:57 PM
never heard of the Brute stuff? is it wrestling gear?

Romeoblood
18-11-2010, 02:08 PM
yeah mate

they come very highly reccomended

quite expensive and hard to find in the uk though

Dave78
18-11-2010, 08:28 PM
never heard of the Brute stuff? is it wrestling gear?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brute-Torq-Knee-Pad-torque-wrestling-bjj-Sz-MEDIUM-/170562250174?pt=Martial_Arts_Equipment&hash=item27b64d65be

here you go buddy

Burnzie
18-11-2010, 10:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brute-Torq-Knee-Pad-torque-wrestling-bjj-Sz-MEDIUM-/170562250174?pt=Martial_Arts_Equipment&hash=item27b64d65be

here you go buddy

nice one mate! I'll either get these or the Fumetsu ones

kingston
13-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Hello,

Bit of a thread resurrection but wondering if anyone could/can help?

Currently using a Fumetsu knee pad but lately i keep 'bruising' my knee underneath the knee cap and its ballooning out with liquid (seems to go after a nights sleep but theres still a bruise there when touched). Now i dont think ive hurt/damaged my knee internally as i can still do everything i could before the this apart from kneeling pressure.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had used the Brute ones? Or has anyone tried the Throw Down ones that rrp is around 50 quid? Or do neither of these offer as much protection as the Fumetsu ones and its just down to breaking down the foam over a period of a year and a half that they dont offer the same protection?

Thanks in advance

C.K.A.Martial Arts
13-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi Mate

First things first ~ go see the doctor if its always happening as you might off done damage to your knee.

if its ok and its just lack of padding then do what i do

1. Thai Cream the knee area
2. 16 foot surgical style bandage ( about 6" width )
3. knee support with double velcro strapes to stop it moving ( one that has padding around the knee area ) ~ Blitz Sports do a great one

I had Major Knee Surgery in 2009 and my knee is still not 100% but i do find that doing this helps and allows me to train ( not heavy - but i am an old fart now as well )

all knee pads are great when new but do break down very quickly, so a good bandage and something to cover it is cheaper and does a better job

kingston
13-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Hello fella,

Thanks for that, its only happened twice so far and a year and a half since some minor surgery ive had (1/3 of the miniscus tissue removed to right knee, so think its just down to losing some of this natural padding).

I hear what your saying over the route you described as is no doubt a better route than the slip on padding, however, i wouldnt have enough time to be able to do this all the time hence the question over the 'slip-ons' - yeah i know, another one being offered probably sound advice that being ignored ;)

Another one is the new Venum ones as they look like they offer more padding but has anyone used them or the other ones ive mentioned?

hysteresis
13-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Anyone use them?

I'm having trouble with my knees - due to already having damaged cartilage & new harder mats at the gym not helping.

Can anyone recommend ones they are using?

What sort of mats are they?

Atlasmma
13-04-2011, 08:50 PM
It's been said enough, but Fumetsu. Quality. I've used brute and adidas and other makes and none come close. This is also coming from someone who has had surgery for cartilage injury in my knee.