PDA

View Full Version : How has MMA changed your life?

SDonovan
14-02-2003, 09:18 PM
So how has being involved in MMA changed your life in any way?

Godders
15-02-2003, 04:21 AM
For sure

One its great having a interest you can participate in.
I liked motorsports before i goto all of this.

Isnt much chance of joe blogs getting the chance to take part or even train in that.
So from that angle alone, its a fantastic passtime, hobby, exercise.

Secondly, confidence.
After sparring with guys who are evil, bigger than you or getting whacked around etc, other stuff doesnt seem half as scary.

Lastly, community
It is fantasitc. What other sport do you get to meet so many people you respect... but also get the chance to compete (spar) with them? Fantastic!

KeysiFighter
16-02-2003, 12:02 AM
One of the best things about this sport is the lack of bullshit.... there is no hiding once your on the mat (or cage for some) you can only rely on yourself and for me it creates a wonderful feeling f freedom like a realese....

sorry guys its late and im sure im making no sense!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Turton
16-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Difficult one for me to answer I have cross trained since I was 11.. I am now 55.. don't know how my life would have been if I HADN'T been involved in the martial arts..

It has brought me in contact with the very worst and the very best that human beings can be..that's for sure

SDonovan
16-02-2003, 11:19 AM
I think we can all agree that with mma in our life we have been able to meet people from all walks of life that we would have never been in contact with if it were not for our sport.

UKMMA is more than just a hobby for me, its a way of life.

cagewarriors
17-02-2003, 09:43 AM
MMA has had a tremendous change on my life, although my involvement is limited as I am only a promoter & I don,t "YET" compete. It has really opened up my life, being a total work a holic & locking myself in my office building my buisness I very rarely got to socialize and meet new people other than potential new customers, I don,t drink so I also very rarely have any need or wish to go to a pup or club.
Being involved in MMA has opened me up to a whole new world, never in so short a time have I ever met so many great people, The way in which I have been accepted at face value has equally impressed me, reasuring me that there is still more good in this world than bad. Basically Its great to be long to this community and I am having the time of my life. So much so that I am slowly selling and disbanding my other buisness commitments, so that I may dedicate all or most of my time to MMA.

Regards Dougie

Ross
17-02-2003, 04:55 PM
i get to hit people

Maccavelli
18-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Its the only thing i really give a fook about, everything i do is connected in some way to MMA, my degree, the way i spend my free time, my friends.

Actually i dont have that many friends that dont train :givesafuc

:mrt: a pity the foo who doesnt do MMA :)

Hywel Teague
18-02-2003, 12:41 PM
same here its the only thing i care about right now- all i want to do is train train train, meet other fighters, improve my skills, and one day get a chance to show them off in a ring or cage.

i don't drink, don't go out clubbing or whatever, everyone i've worked with thinks I'm boring cause I don't go out on the piss each weekend.

They say "Do anything this weekend?"
They always get the same answer= "I trained wrestling + vale tudo Sat morning, weights Saturday afternoon and went for a run on Sunday".
Then they look at me blankly for a bit, then turn around and ask someone "Did you see Coronation Street last night, ooh I can't believe that Ashley honestly, aww"

People criticise me because they think I don't get to do anything with my time because I don't so the same shitty things they do- well they don't realize when they are sat in front of the telly every night waiting for the weekend I'm off training, meeting my friends and having a laugh.

Better than Corrie any day. :shoot: :woo

Basilisk
09-01-2010, 05:02 AM
http://girls-scat-movies.net/potty1.jpg

Galen Frost
09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Its given me more confidence, improved my fitness, and strangely I find myself less likely to get involved in any trouble.

Dmjohn2000
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Im no longer obesse

Basilisk
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm now a roided up troublemaker.