PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 or PS3

Godders
17-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Xbox 360.

Simply because it will get hacked to bits like the old one (hopefully) meaning you can make it into a right proper entertainment hub :D

Out the box, apparently, it will be able to play WMA WMV & MP3s from its own HD or streaming via a cable or wireless from your PC. Not to mention use messenger etc. Which is nice.

Plus PS3 wont be out in time for Xmas.

I havent had a console since a NES (yep) but im getting excited with the Xbox 360.

Only downside is that the xbox may ship with a bog standard dvd drive meaning it wont be a high def dvd player.

Neil_Allen
17-05-2005, 08:43 PM
It's hard to decide without seeing the games, the PS3 is ugly and has a ghey looking control pad where as the 360 is sleep looking and has improved the old pads rather than try making new ones.

I like the sound of what the 360 can do, it seems anyone with a PC and fast internet connection will probably get more out of it. I'll have to wait and see how the features work but with the timing of its release I think it has a good chance of becoming the most popular.

Although the PS3 is supposed to be twice as powerful graphically and can produce almost cinematic graphics during actual gameplay, but Sony have always lied about what their consoles are capable of in the past.

I've yet to see anything on Nintendo's newest console.

EDIT

Just seen the Nintendo on the above website, it looks crapola and doesn't seem to boost nearly the same amount of features. I think it's going to fail miserably, unless the other two are ridiculously priced.

I imagine the 360 will be about 199 where as the PS3 will be 299 as the Blu-Ray technology will probably be pricey, also I'm not sure how popular it will be by the time PS3 launches. Looking at the cost of HD TVs, those which can take advantage of it, I doubt it will take off like DVD initially did.

Neil_Allen
17-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I thought the 360 looked sleek and PS3 just looks weird, I can't figure it out. A strange mixture of curves and straight edges, I preferred the old look and I don't understand why they changed the control pad design. It was always the easiest and most familiar style to everyone.

Killzone 2 looks unreal!

Godders
17-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Apparently microwank are planning on making a loss on each xbox they sell. I even heard reports of as little 160.

SDonovan
18-05-2005, 07:05 PM
XBOX 360 all the way!!! i looks better and it will play better.

Wiegieboard
20-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Lol at the guy holding his arm! My favourite thing in the world is zombies. I FUCKING LOVE zombie things, I have dreams where I shoot them, I have games where I pulverise them. Zombies rule!!! And the fact that this guy is holding his arm to beat someone is just awesome!

Neil_Allen
21-05-2005, 12:48 AM
At the moment I've been impressed by the games on display for the 360, it will have quite a headstart on the PS3 but I expect most people will bypass and wait for the PS3 when it's released.

The 360 looks really slick, the online aspect is already sorted and well established, it has the HDD and lots of potential for customisation and integrating with your PC, especially if you have Windows XP Media Centre Edition.

I won't be rushing out to buy anything though, that's for certain.

All I do know is Sony have a track record of telling porkies before releasing a new console, it's already been admitted that the Killzone video was a fake. There is a lot of difference in the specs, true, but to someone like me it means very little.

I'm not making the games, only playing the final product and if it's fun and enjoyable then I'll give it a go. It's also worth noting that the 360 stuff on display is from the first development kits, working at 30% of the 360's full potential come the time it's released.

Neil_Allen
21-05-2005, 12:40 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

Interesting article from Microsoft comparing the 360 with the PS3.

I expect Sony to retaliate pretty soon.

In the end though the proof will be in the actual games released.

Neil_Allen
23-05-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't think any actual in game footage or real gameplay has been shown from the PS3 yet, only CGI demos that were designed to give people an idea of the direction the developers are hoping to go. Which means they look a lot better than they really will do.

Gears of War on 360 looks awesome and I'm sure Perfect Dark will be a must-buy as well.

Neil_Allen
23-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Nintendo didn't show anything, they had no games on display and didn't provide any detailed specs so it's not possible to judge. What I will say is that they have always made quality games, although they have been rehashing the same stuff for years now, but when the revolution is revealed properly I believe it will be different to what they've so far given us.