PDA

View Full Version : Dougie, So whats your story?

SDonovan
14-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Dougie, i'm interested as to how you got to the top of the ladder in UKMMA promoting, so i thought up a mini interview.

Hope you dont mind.

so here goes...................

How did you get involved in UKMMA?

Were you a fan of MMA before you got involved?

Whats your background?

What are your plans for the future??

cagewarriors
14-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Dougie, So whats your story?
Dougie, i'm interested as to how you got to the top of the ladder in UKMMA promoting, so i thought up a mini interview.

Hope you dont mind. (No on the conterary I enjoy answering questions)

so here goes...................

How did you get involved in UKMMA? (My involvement in UKMMA was actually quite acidental?) My first encounter with MMA was when I sponsored a bout at the first UK cage event in February 2002 called "cage wars" at the Portsmouth Guildhall

Were you a fan of MMA before you got involved? (No to be perfectly honest I had never even heard of it beforehand)

Whats your background? (Not sure if this question refers to fighting experience or Buisness? so I will briefly answer to both? At age 11 I studed Judo at HMS Collingwood with my dad who at the time was the Royal Navy coach and also The current Navy Judo champion at the time, I was there for about a year, I then joined the sea cadets whereas I discovered my real talent was as a boxer, I stuck at boxing till the end of my cadet years at the time of leaving I was the only serving cadet to have won the Portsmouth command championships 4 years in a row a record I believe to this date has not been bettered, sadly my competing days were over as I worked hard at a young age on the markets since age 11 through to 18, I then fell into the car industry at firtst picking up scrap cars till a point I became a car dealer, always working hard and constantly investing my money in other projects it was,nt long before I moved on into property, buying selling renovating and renting, along the way I bought up smaller companys that complimented my interests in property to the point now where I have a successful Double Glazing company?Conservatory division/Plastics company/property management/Home improvements & General building works/ New build Construction. And last but not least what is starting to be considered the UK,s premiere mixed martial arts organization?

What are your plans for the future? ( The same as I have always lived my life be the best that I can be and work hard, My main interest at the moment is to dedicate as much of my time and resources into Cagewarriors & MMA in general by setting a true standard for others to follow?)

Godders
15-02-2003, 05:13 AM
Hmm

I need to start thinking about a few side projects me thinks.
Get me a better pimping fund:chinese: