PDA

View Full Version : Well done bro (Chris Carmichael)

Black Mamba
05-08-2011, 07:15 AM
I would just like to give Chris Carmichael some recognition were it is due. Chris has had a really tough time this last year in terms of the ups and down of our fight team. First of all getting the dream move for our club into the big new premises and the gym going full time. We all had to watch this dream slowly disappear due to the lack of numbers and Chris using all his personal funds. Which tested the commitment of a lot of people. We then had to move back to the old barn. Which brought our club down to numbers as low as 3-4 some nights. Which didn't even cover the hire of the hall.

Chris has battled through this last year with virtually being out of pocket every week. If it wasn't for his commitment and passion for mma we would not have a club today never mind having 3 vipers ready to throw down tonight. Hopefully 3 wins tonight also.

Well done big guy. Just to let you know we all appreciate it. It will pay off and it's already on the way up.

CBRaw
05-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Well said bobby, chris is a great guy its good to see team viper active again :-D
Good luck to peter scobie the nite tough dude...

sanchez
05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Well said Bobby!! Appreciate its not that easy, keep up the good work Chris!

1inchPonch
05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Met Cha a while back and he told me that you guys had a full time gym just past Tesco in the Port, never knew it had been such a roller coaster with the place closing down. Sad to hear but well done to Chris for sticking with it and clearly doing everything he could to keep it going, best of luck for the future.

Is the Peter Scobie that's fighting the guy that worked in the Waterfront?

Black Mamba
05-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Nope. Completely different guy. The guy who worked in the waterfront Is a legend though

Iron Balls
05-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Nope. Completely different guy. The guy who worked in the waterfront Is a legend though
Hahahahaa!!!!!!!
Cracking post about Chris there Bobby. Only way is up now for the Vipers and good luck to
the boys tonight.

mmakind
05-08-2011, 01:09 PM
good to see the guys at viper producing fighters again as in my opinion you guys are all very well schooled and come to fight every time,hope things are starting to look up from now on ; )

jkerr
05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Where is the new gym gonna be? Karate Joe's is a bastard to get to if you don't drive which is why I stopped going.

dr058
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Cool post Bobby. I didn't even know that had happened to the new gym. Sorry to hear that but it shows the kind of guy Chris is to battle through it. Hope things pick up again. The Viper guys are always exciting to watch and every show I have been to at Port Glasgow has been really good. Hope to see some of them more active again soon.

Bedlam
06-08-2011, 03:29 PM
well said bobby, the the mma scene is a far better place for having team viper back in the picture. hugely impressed wi the vipers again tonight

Black Mamba
06-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Glad the boys put on a good show. They have been working very hard in training. Vipers always come to fight and put a spark in any fight card.

thaison
06-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Really good having the Viper guys around again. Been involved in some good fights over the last few years.Well done Chris.

TheDoctor!!
06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah gd post bobby, I hope things are back on track with team viper now, and they certainly looked like there back to there winning ways from last nites performances, Its a shame it didnt work out to plan with chris doing it full time. The guy is dead passionate about it. I remember when I was working through that way and hooked up wi the viper lads. Got a gd session in wi bobby and chris. top guys. Chris is a cracking coach.

Hoping to see more of use guys soon. Gd luck on future fights!!!

Black Mamba
06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Your welcome down here anytime dude. We are looking to go full time again soon in a permanent place. That's been about 6 months from the last place shut. Just before my Belfast fight in December actually.

I guess alot goes on at every club which people don't know about.

Chris's commitment to the boys is what makes everyone of us go in there and fight our hearts out.

camcdougall
07-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Great to hear lads, really is. Good luck guys.

scobie4497
07-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Chris is a great coach i have been training with the guys about 18 month now and in this time the big change its did for me as when i started i was 16 stone and unfit,

Started training with chris and since the start the team etc welcomed me and worked with me until i have got were av got to now a fit 12 and abit stone learned alot from chris and the guys at viper and everyday we go there its excitement about training as is always tough going.

Few ups and downs with clubs etc however us guys are a team so cage warriors etc will be seeing alot more of us ;)

DBOMB MCG
07-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Great post bobby,
Chris is a great guy and all the boys who go the gym love and respect him, i hope the new unit is succesfull and the vipers can start producing more fighters for the future, ultimate respect to the big man most other lesser men would have walked but not him !