PDA

View Full Version : Idea for fighter database

Neil_Allen
17-02-2003, 11:03 PM
It seems to me this is hard to use if you dont know a guys name already, also it seems no one can be bothered as it must be hard work for them.

Why not just have a fighter section like on ufc.tv with each weight division, it's fighter names listed and their profiles.

It's then easy to see who is top of each division and holds the title and which fighters are below them and likely to have a title prelim before taking on the champ.

Also this is more an idea for the show all round, one title fight each show and a few up and comers fights and some title eliminators. Then you can produce good champions in each weight and have a superfight planned for each show.

For example
CW3 James Schiavo Vs Atilla The Hun, winner takes on Jenkins for title next show.

As you have the heavyweight title fight this show then have some up and comers to try and find suitable opponents for a prelim to win before challenging for the belt.

This way people will have a belt longer, train harder between each fight and be more established and well know before they next fight.

Just an idea.

Hywel Teague
18-02-2003, 12:26 PM
good idea but have to be careful about structuring it as to rankings- i like the idea of just having it split into weight categories.

:shoot: :woo

Neil_Allen
18-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Not rankings, just have the champ at the tope then the rest under him in alphabetical order. Just makes it easy to see from the people listed and their recent run of form who you think might fight for the title or who deserves it etc.

Neil_Allen
19-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Hopefully Godders sees this thread and can comment on what he thinks, personally I think it makes life a lot easier when seeing what fighters Cage Warriors has to offer.

Godders
22-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Id be a bit worried about doing a ranking system tbh.

Im busy enough :woo

I reckon the weight div route is a good idea.
If you guys give me how you would like this structured ill see what i can do.

The fighters database really isnt cagewarriors fighters specific, but fighters who compete. Pro, UK or otherwise.

I.e. you see a guy on a fight card, you have a look for him on the database - there is a entry he put in there himself. Piccys etc.

iandean
25-02-2003, 01:55 PM
To be fair i think a ranking system needs to bedonee by a group of people/experts in the UK MMA community.

Maybe the MMA Council that Dougie is part of (i remember Andy Jardine talking about it on SFUK) could draw up some rankings.

Then if we have a top 10 British ranking system, then we would be 1 step closer to an independant, legimate British Champion.